Hahahaha, how baseless. It seems you don't even know where your Barry Obama stands on our military strength. You want to talk about the last nail in our coffin, why don't you do a little youtube search and find out what Barry thinks about what we should do with our military. Remember, the military are the ones that protect us when ish hits the fan. Now, go do your search!
    There is an up and down side to both. Glad I am not party affiliated makes the reading more enjoyable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 07:07 PM
    There are 2 political threads in Off Topic,
    this doesn't have to nor should it be one.
    I want to apologize for saying what I said in this thread, it didn't belong here. I stand by what I said as truth, this just wasn't the place to put it. I'd be happy to carry it on with someone someplace else!!
    09-01-08 07:11 PM
    Sultan, no need to apologize. And especially not to me
    I did the same in another thread and simply realize, it is better
    to keep the thing on topic and take the opinions and debate elsewhere.

THIS ain't the place for what this has turned into.
    09-01-08 07:18 PM
    The thought of that makes my brain hurt. Mark my words, if McCain wins, I'm leaving the country and never coming back. Another d-bag thoughtless moron Republican in office will be the last nail in our country's coffin.
    Your wont leave because this the best country in the world. BTW stilling waiting for liberal Alec Baldwin to leave after the 2004 election.
    09-01-08 07:40 PM
    lol Wow, The fact she has a berry does not make her the best person for vice president ... but it does bring her up the scale a little more then someone with a plain ole phone... or heaven forbid... a iphone lol
    09-01-08 07:45 PM
    It should be no suprize that EVERY politician carries a BlackBerry.

Being without one is so last century.

09-01-08 08:22 PM
    Ok so i see a pic of some woman with an infant and Blackberry and some cookies on the table, who is Sarah Palin?
    09-01-08 08:44 PM
    I'm going out tomorrow and getting an XV6900. I just lost my taste for my BB.
    09-01-08 08:46 PM
    AG: do you actually know where Moose Jaw is?? I'm amazed that Moose Jaw showed up in a political thread on Crackberry. Wow.

(Moose Jaw is a "city" in Saskatchewan, Canada, about 45 minutes away from where I live. There really isn't anything there, that's why I'm suprised to see it mentioned anywhere.)

I also had no idea who Sarah Palin was, but I'm Canadian and haven't really been following the election.
    09-01-08 08:55 PM
    Ok so i see a pic of some woman with an infant and Blackberry and some cookies on the table, who is Sarah Palin?
    You obviously read no more of this thread than Post #1. And apparently pay
    no attention to the news. She is the Republican candidate for Vice President
    09-01-08 08:55 PM
    AG: do you actually know where Moose Jaw is?? I'm amazed that Moose Jaw showed up in a political thread on Crackberry. Wow.

(Moose Jaw is a "city" in Saskatchewan, Canada, about 45 minutes away from where I live. There really isn't anything there, that's why I'm suprised to see it mentioned anywhere.)

I also had no idea who Sarah Palin was, but I'm Canadian and haven't really been following the election.
    Yes I do. I just used the name for comedic effect. She is actually the current
    Governor of Alaska
    09-01-08 08:56 PM
    Now she just needs to become a Crackberrian! I wouldn't kick her out of bed for playing Brickbreaker! Lol

09-01-08 08:57 PM
    I think its funny how people will blindly follow Obama. They don't even understand what he is saying. In his acceptance speech he said that he would lower the tax burden on small business owners by eliminating the capital gains tax for them. Here is a little bit of information from those of you that are like, "look, Obama cares about the little guy," most small businesses don't pay capital gains tax, they mostly only pay income tax. Too bad he didn't let those people know that, of course that would put a whole in his deception. The dumb masses just drink that kool-aid right up.
    09-01-08 08:57 PM
    There are 3 subjects that provoke more opinions and hostility than just about anything; Religion, Sex and Politics. I am just glad she's on the crack.

09-01-08 09:04 PM
    Spoken like a Obama fan : who is a veteran of 143 days is US Senate a few years in the Illinois State house of representatives and after a short career as a ''community organizer". Needs a TelePrompTer to speak.

If she was a LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC like yourself the Mainstream Media and all your Liberal friends would called you a sexist for that remark. She's a great choice and has executive experience.

And you Sir/Mam are dead on with all of that!!!

And I am pretty sure it's a Red At&t Curve!
    09-01-08 09:05 PM
    being a BB user will spike McCain/Palin's votes. jk! my friend recently lived in Alaska for a yr and she says Palin is quite a gal. no complaints. so who knows...
    09-01-08 09:10 PM
    All 3 of those are over rated. Go dodgers!! Go Obama!! Ill take red flava 'Cool-Aid'...

09-01-08 09:10 PM
    here is Obama on the spot, let me know if any of you can tell me exactly what he says....
    09-01-08 09:11 PM
    Wow, didn't take long for this thread to devolve.....

For all those who refer to either "Moron" Republicans or "*****" Democrats...or any variation or expansion thereof...I would simply say that maybe each and every person who wishes to vote should simply do research on the people that are running for office (both nationally and locally) and form your opinions based on FACTS not what the candidates SAY. ANY political candidate will say whatever it takes to get elected. It is our job and responsibility as voters to learn the TRUTH and vote accordingly. All of their votes on issues are a matter of public record and there are a number of agencies and websites that archive and make this info available. Simply hurling insults at either side demeans the whole process and makes us all look like cretins.

If you vote simply on whether or not your candidate has a D or R (or an I ) in front of their name then shame on you. You are shirking your responsibilities as a voter. Use logic and facts, not feelings and rumors.

Learn about what each candidate has done in the past. What their accomplishments are. Don't listen to pretty speeches and platitudes. Demand specifics on what their plans are. It is like the stock market. Past trends are not indicitave of future performance...but it can give you some idea of what to expect.

Don't just assume that they will do what they say they will do because they make you feel all warm and fuzzy. That is how a certain European nation went down the toilet when they elected the wrong person and he ended up committing genocide against untold millions.

Remember, the road to **** is paved with good intentions.

All that being said........

Nice phone.
    09-01-08 09:16 PM
    Use logic and facts, not feelings and rumors.

Don't just assume that they will do what they say they will do because they make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
    exactly....of course this undermines the way one party approaches things....
    09-01-08 09:21 PM
    exactly....of course this undermines the way one party approaches things....
    Now now....

I tried to be non-partisan...
    09-01-08 09:22 PM
    Very well said adam and I agree with EVERY single point you make.

Still don't think it's going to stop this thread from it's downward
    spiral
    09-01-08 09:23 PM
    Now now....

I tried to be non-partisan...
    I'm sorry....I couldn't help it, those two phrases were just to good to let go unnoticed.
    09-01-08 09:23 PM
    Very well said adam and I agree with EVERY single point you make.

Still don't think it's going to stop this thread from it's downward
    spiral
    I don't think it's a downward spiral. As long as we can keep the name calling out of it. I think part of the problem with politics is that no one wants to actually talk about it. But too often I suppose it does go downhill...
    09-01-08 09:25 PM
    Yeah it does, but that is because people get locked into ideology
    and stop thinking critically.

Look at the post in this thread alone. So many talk radio cliches and party talking points. It's like listening to a room full of parrots

I love politics and really love a good debate, but debating people that can't or won't think for themselves is pointless.
    09-01-08 09:32 PM
291 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD