Let's take a former beauty queen/sports caster and make her mayor. Then, how bout make her governor for LESS than 2 years- then why not let her be the VP of our country??!!! Suuuree. That's a great idea!! lemmie tell ya...... How bout vanna white for president!!! "I'd like to buy a vowel please" we need a vp we can take seriously!! Someone with REAL experience!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What does any of the have to do with her ability to be Vp or to lead?? So she was a beauty queen she's attractive just because someone is hot does that make them stupid? No!

Ok she has two years as governor, but IF you look at her background she is also a 2 term city council member a 2 term mayor and was the chairperson and ethics supervisor of the AK Oil and Gas Commission for 2 year. Before beating the incumbent (also Republican) governor for her current position. That sounds like a pretty good political background for a run at the VP seat to me. Plus she is a University of Idaho alum.. Go Vandals!!

09-05-08 07:40 PM
    What does any of the have to do with her ability to be Vp or to lead?? So she was a beauty queen she's attractive just because someone is hot does that make them stupid? No!

Ok she has two years as governor, but IF you look at her background she is also a 2 term city council member a 2 term mayor and was the chairperson and ethics supervisor of the AK Oil and Gas Commission for 2 year. Before beating the incumbent (also Republican) governor for her current position. That sounds like a pretty good political background for a run at the VP seat to me. Plus she is a University of Idaho alum.. Go Vandals!!

I agree when you ask what all that has to be with being a VP...sure she's pretty for being a politician, for being a republican and for being a mother of 5...there's no doubt about that.

But let's face it..just because Alaska is large on the amount of space it fills on a map, and just because she's the governor of alaska...in no way does it automatically make her qualified and competent for the position. Think about it; in most every other state, you can't just jump from being a PTA board member, to a city council member, to a mayor and then to governor...especially when its coming from a town of a population of 5,500 (that's like only twice the population of my old hs). And does being a PTA member even count as clout? You know that the heft of a person's resume is thin when they have to include that tidbit.

You don't just look at the titles of the position(s) a person has held; you actually should look at the variables, responsibilities and depth of everything behind the titles. And naturally since oil is a staple of Alaska's industry..its not bragging-worthy of stating that she was the chairperson and head of ethics for Alaska's Oil & Gas Commission. That's like a governor bragging that their the commandor of the national guard (just as Palin has)..,no crap; by default; that's a subtitle given to all govs of their state.

And you say 'go vandals' in refernce to her being an iowa alum..well the word vandal is right; because Palin would definitely do jus that if she were to become VP...which would be to play her part to vandalize the sanctity of America for at least 4 more years; as if the past 8 weren't enough.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-06-08 at 02:12 AM.
    09-06-08 02:08 AM
    Knowing this woman, who wants to take away rights to choose and force the fact that SHE believes in choice as long as that choice is what she believes, and who would fly for 13 hours all around the country in active labour for a downs syndrome child while she is in her 40's (thus CHOOSING to put her baby at risk), uses a blackberry makes me want to get rid of it.

She is an abomination who doesn't deserve the ovaries she was born with.

EDIT

Also, I am a little surprised at the right wing tinge on this board. I guess I figured things were a bit more...balanced. Betweeen this in the States and the fact that the Conservatives are pushing for an election up here (please let Stephen Harper lose, I can't stand the ferrity little twerp) I am just glad I live in a country where even our right wing is a little more liberal than down there.
    Wow! Is that your idea of "balanced"? Sounds to me that your just as lop-sided as the other side...wobble, wobble, wobble! LOL!!!

09-06-08 06:53 AM
    Where's Al Sharpton when you need him?

(As I lay my stir stick down and run for the hills...LOL)

09-06-08 07:00 AM
    Oh yeah...who's Stephen Harper?

09-06-08 07:05 AM
    Wow! Is that your idea of "balanced"? Sounds to me that your just as lop-sided as the other side...wobble, wobble, wobble! LOL!!!

Reading comprehension is your friend, I was referring to the fact that there seems to be 4 - 1 posters that are republican to liberal or democrat. I never pretended I wasn't "balanced" towards theright wing...because I wasn't talking about that.

I guess I figured that BB users would cover a wider base than the right wing.
    09-06-08 10:24 AM
    Oh yeah...who's Stephen Harper?

The Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the "progressive Conservatives" (HA!) in Canada who is forcing us into an election. Again.

Hopefully he loses.
    09-06-08 10:31 AM
    Even though I'll probably vote for 'bama, give the guy some credit. He's going for the jugular
    God help us
    09-06-08 10:40 AM
    Reading comprehension is your friend, I was referring to the fact that there seems to be 4 - 1 posters that are republican to liberal or democrat. I never pretended I wasn't "balanced" towards theright wing...because I wasn't talking about that.

I guess I figured that BB users would cover a wider base than the right wing.
    I'm sure there's an equal amount of libs to neocons. This is a Sarah Palin thread so many Dems won't open it. Then the NeoCons get vocal because they know that the GOP ticket doesn't have a snowball's chance in **** this November. Typical noise from the Republicans... My friends who are on the right won't shut up while us on the left just laugh at their sillyness.

09-06-08 10:49 AM
    Reading comprehension is your friend, I was referring to the fact that there seems to be 4 - 1 posters that are republican to liberal or democrat.
    My comprehension of reading is only as good as the comprehension of the writer to whom I am reading the writings of and their reference to which they were referring is made to be comprehended by anyone other than the writer which writ the uncomprehensible writings to the reference thereof is to be referred as comprehensive as to the written reference.

Comprende amigo??

09-06-08 11:19 AM
    And by the way...

Our Republican Vice Presidential Nominee can beat up your Prime Minister!

**BREAKING NEWS**
    Canadian PM Stephen Harper gets buttocks kicked by a girl...film at 11

Last edited by w00dy65; 09-06-08 at 11:41 AM.
    09-06-08 11:38 AM
    I wish I knew how to post pics directly from my BB to some of these threads
    09-06-08 12:56 PM
    I wish I knew how to post pics directly from my BB to some of these threads
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/pos...-forums-56055/
    09-06-08 01:15 PM
    Thanks...I'll check that out!

09-06-08 01:31 PM
    Honestly, when I saw Sarah Palin, I thought she was Tina Fey I was like WTF is she doing there?
    09-06-08 01:57 PM
    First time trying to past a pic on CB...I hope this works.

09-06-08 01:59 PM
    Woo hoo...it worked!!

I'm now a SCHWING voter!!!

09-06-08 02:01 PM
    First time trying to past a pic on CB...I hope this works.

LMAO...funny photoshop.

I wouldn't vote for it, but I would hit it.

Here's a scary one that hasn't been photoshopped:

Last edited by boxofrain; 09-06-08 at 02:05 PM.
    09-06-08 02:02 PM
    BTW...

Thanks to Box O'Frain for the assistance with posting pics...tee-hee O'Frain!

09-06-08 02:04 PM
    Yo boyeee!!! LOL

09-06-08 02:14 PM
    LOL...Mac looks hammered!!

09-06-08 02:25 PM
    LOL this is so funny...the liberals are so scared at this point and are showing it...For real, has anyone noticed liberals are all about free speech except for when its the conservatives speaking...noticed the two convetions, Democrats were left alone..Republican convetion....the press gave passes to nutjobs to disrupt the convention...LOL oh baby....the American people wont be fooled..

posted from the GREATEST nation in the world..and if your from a second or third world country the wants to bash the USA..lol...America is the only reason your surviving.
    09-07-08 01:50 PM
    Uh, pico, it's "if you're from..."

I was watching the HBO special about the Dallas Cowboys and noticed a bunch of them rolling trackballs, lol. The one for sure using a berry was PacMan.

09-07-08 02:33 PM
    The one for sure using a berry was PacMan.

he was probably playing strip poker on it.

hah.
    09-07-08 02:38 PM
    Lmao , yeah, he "shot" the camera such a look.

09-07-08 02:44 PM
291 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD