Remember, the military are the ones that protect us when ish hits the fan. Now, go do your search!
    It's not about the military...it's about the dumbass in control of the military...

Dm
    09-02-08 09:18 AM
    How does this discussion have anything to with BlackBerrys? Look, I am a patriot and am very much interested in the subject but is this really the place for this discussion?
    09-02-08 09:40 AM
    Given all the passionate comments, I would steer people to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/ele...y-style-65273/
    09-02-08 09:41 AM
    The thing that amazes me is all the right wingers complaining about
    the Dems drinking the Kool-Aid when it is totally obvious that they
    have also. Double the serving if this thread is any indication.

I wonder how many of these McCain/Palin (ugh) supporters have
    done any of their own research beyond listening to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter and the rest of that screeching crew.
    Exactly. I've been wondering the same thing through this whole thread, and at other boards I belong too.
    09-02-08 10:26 AM
    I was actually going to vote for Obama before he announced Biden as his Vice President. Wasn't Obama running on the premise of change, doesn't having Biden as Vice President blow this theory out of the water? Biden is one of the good ole boys and will never change. I'm really not impressed with McCain either, but I would rather see his Vice President as President than Obama's.
    09-02-08 01:10 PM
    He does have a berry. A titanium curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Finally...an answer to my question back on page 4. What about McCain?
    09-02-08 03:04 PM
    Spoken like a Obama fan : who is a veteran of 143 days is US Senate a few years in the Illinois State house of representatives and after a short career as a ''community organizer". Needs a TelePrompTer to speak.

If she was a LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC like yourself the Mainstream Media and all your Liberal friends would called you a sexist for that remark. She's a great choice and has executive experience.
    You're OBVIOUSLY a direct listener of Rush Limbaugh; or an indirect listener of his via other local/regional/national subordinates.
    09-02-08 03:16 PM
    Spoken like a Obama fan : who is a veteran of 143 days is US Senate a few years in the Illinois State house of representatives and after a short career as a ''community organizer". Needs a TelePrompTer to speak.

If she was a LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC like yourself the Mainstream Media and all your Liberal friends would called you a sexist for that remark. She's a great choice and has executive experience.
    Says who? And guess what, RePro isnt the only one whose never heard of her. McCain ONLY grabbed her b/c her husband is some top dog connected to the Alaskan Oil Pipeline. McMCain is looking at the BIGGER picture. He gets her/he gets her husband/he gets the OIL.

I bet you think he got her to get a hold of the female vote that Hillary garnered!

Ya Heard it Here 1st!!
    09-02-08 03:27 PM
    again why is this in the Blackberry Discussion.... ???????????? Some one please answer that for me

Would like to see this moved into off topic... Political topics and government debates like this have nothing to deal with Blackberry......

The topic first had blackberry discussion but not it's a pointless debate....
    09-02-08 03:28 PM
    Finally...an answer to my question back on page 4. What about McCain?

According to this July 11, 2008 interview, the answer is yes and no.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us...pagewanted=all

It is a long article but here is the relevant part:

"Q: Do you use a blackberry or email? Mr. McCain: No
    Mark Salter (a senior adviser): He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.
    Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don�t e-mail, I�ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. ..."
    09-02-08 03:51 PM

Tell em! OBAMA is an *****!
    09-02-08 04:17 PM
    again why is this in the Blackberry Discussion.... ???????????? Some one please answer that for me

Would like to see this moved into off topic... Political topics and government debates like this have nothing to deal with Blackberry......

The topic first had blackberry discussion but not it's a pointless debate....
    Chill out. Why are you being such a stickler about this topic and this thread being in the wrong forum within CB???

If it gets moved; it'll get moved.

Scandalex..I agree; Palin's husband's connection w/ Alaska's oil industry is too obvious and glaring a connection to overlook. That's a very provocative and insightful angle to view this from.

09-02-08 05:06 PM
    I am just stating some topics always get of topic. Arguing politics doesn't fit here. I don't mind hearing about people using bb's but political debates is not part of it. Discussing oil is not bb's discussion material. Talking who is better is not part of discussion material. Talking about bb's they are using and what they use the bb for is part of this discussion.

Also fyi there is a 2008 political thread started in off topic. This applies to what Kevin talked about before. Nothing meeting bb content or helping other users. Should be talked or thread placed in off topic.

Just my .02

09-02-08 07:17 PM
    Thread moved to OT
    09-02-08 07:22 PM
    Says who? And guess what, RePro isnt the only one whose never heard of her. McCain ONLY grabbed her b/c her husband is some top dog connected to the Alaskan Oil Pipeline. McMCain is looking at the BIGGER picture. He gets her/he gets her husband/he gets the OIL.

I bet you think he got her to get a hold of the female vote that Hillary garnered!

Ya Heard it Here 1st!!
    wow, you guys are really grabbing at straws here. You people have no idea how the supply and demand free market of oil operates. All I hear is a bunch of people that are ticked off because McCain stoll the democrat's thunder after Obama's acceptance speech.
    09-02-08 11:21 PM
    wow, you guys are really grabbing at straws here. You people have no idea how the supply and demand free market of oil operates. All I hear is a bunch of people that are ticked off because McCain stoll the democrat's thunder after Obama's acceptance speech.
    What. Are. You. Talking. About.? The current state of oil's price has zilch, nada, zero to do with supply (specifically a lack thereof); and all to do w/ the price speculators have put on its futures..yes that's future with an 's' at the end of it. Therefore I don't get your little rant about your 'perceived' knowledge of supply and demand. When there is a demand for oil (whether domestically or overseas..and whether its for current or FUTURE use)...companies/states/nation-states/countries/governments with the help of traders; place a price on this oil.

So even the relatively small fish in the pond (even palin's hubby quite possibly)..can play just as much an integral part in the price and share of oil...as any large conglomerate. And any associate that has a stake with an insider/part of the oil industry...can benefit in a handsome manner.

Leave important discussion about important matters that are VERY REAL...to grown-ups.
    There's no need for actors pretending like they know a thing about what's being discussed..hollywood's there for that.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-02-08 at 11:37 PM.
    09-02-08 11:35 PM
    What. Are. You. Talking. About.? The current state of oil's price has zilch, nada, zero to do with supply (specifically a lack thereof); and all to do w/ the price speculators have put on its futures..yes that's future with an 's' at the end of it. Therefore I don't get your little rant about your 'perceived' knowledge of supply and demand. When there is a demand for oil (whether domestically or overseas..and whether its for current or FUTURE use)...companies/states/nation-states/countries/governments with the help of traders; place a price on this oil.

So even the relatively small fish in the pond (even palin's hubby quite possibly)..can play just as much an integral part in the price and share of oil...as any large conglomerate. And any associate that has a stake with an insider/part of the oil industry...can benefit in a handsome manner.

Leave important discussion about important matters that are VERY REAL...to grown-ups.

oh I see, so the spike in the price of oil per barrel that occured at the end of last week due to the fear of a drop in supply coming from the rigs in the Gulf didn't happen. Oh yeah, and the drop in oil today due to the low impact of the storm had nothing to do with the fact that people expected the supply to stay in comfortable position?

I don't know who you think you are talking to about the grown-ups and important matter and such. Just because I don't watch a Michael Moore movie and start spouting off that the oil companies are getting crazy profits. Oh yeah, and by the way, if you can tell the difference between a profit and a profit margin, you would understand that the oil companies make for less per dollar in revenue that a ton of industries, one of such is pharmaceuticals.
    09-02-08 11:40 PM
    Yeah your pretty dead on with all of your comments...Your right about all of the oil stuff and your right on now!

Oh and for all the people willing to comment on me and say that I'm dumb/stupid and I'm nothing compared to obama!

I am 16, Graduated High School last month and will be starting college soon...And I know how many states we have, It's 10 less then obama thinks we have right now!
    09-03-08 01:09 AM

Ya Heard it Here 1st!!
    Wrong he's a union member of the united steel workers of America who works on the pipeline.
    09-03-08 01:17 AM
    Does the change in font make it more factual? Irrefutable?

First, it is a fact that Obama canceled a visit to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center at the last minute after planning it for weeks, that reporters and their cameras would not have been allowed to accompany him, and Obama probably did go to the gym that day because he does so practically every day (sometimes twice a day). Thus the bare facts stated in the ad are true but Obama says, he canceled when he learned that the Pentagon would not allow him to bring a retired Air Force major general serving as a foreign policy adviser to his campaign. Obama says that "triggered then a concern that maybe our visit was going to be perceived as political." Further, it is unlikely that he did not go because there would be no cameras/press present because the Pentagon did not allow cameras/press to be present on previous occassions when he visited the troops (DOD rules prohibit it when part of a campaign, i.e. not in official capacity as Senator). In fact, he had visited wounded troops in Baghdad earlier in the same overseas trip without the press.

As to the vote against the funding, the statement is an oversimplification. First, Obama has voted for all war-funding bills
    (10 times) that have come to the Senate floor since he was sworn in except for this one. The reason for the vote was because the Dems were seeking a provision in the bill calling for a withdrawal of the troops. Furthermore, McCain himself took a similar stand on principal regarding a war-funding bill that contained withdrawal language, he was absent for the vote on the bill but urged the President to veto it. Thus it would be literally true to say that the President voted against funding the troops and that McCain urged a veto of funding for our troops but that too would be an oversimplification.

As to the Aghanistan hearings, while it is literally true that Obama has held no Senate hearings on Afghanistan, he is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's subcommittee on European Affairs which would not hold such hearings. However, the full Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has held three hearings on Afghanistan during the past two years, and Obama attended one of them. It is worth noting that durung the same two year period McCain's record is no better. he's the highest ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee and he missed all seven of the hearings that his panel held on Afghanistan.

Prior to this ad, Obama had last been in Iraq in January 2006 (he was on his way there at the time the ad aired), I guess that makes the 900 days comment literally true, though I submit that the intention was to make it seem longer than 2 and half years.

Those are the facts and the distortions.
    I see you get your answers from his spin website.

FACT
    When Obama wanted to bring his campaign's retired 2 star general military advisor with the press it became a political stop. He knew DOD's policy because you just quoted it. End of story

Comparing the sub foreign relations committee to Armed Services Committee is laughable. Bottom line Obama never went on the record on his sub committee or the foreign relations committee, or the senate floor on Afghanistan.

That vote that Obama voted against is also the same one when the Liberal Dems leader Harry Reid said that we lost the war. The vote was to cut off funding for troops already in theater. McCain at the time was pushing for the surge and no surrender. Bush AGREED-ED AND vetoed the bill.

2 years and half:
    12 months in a year
    6 months in a 1/2 year
    There are 365 days in year correct?
    365 (1 year) +365 (1 year)+180 ( half a year)= 900 days

09-03-08 01:55 AM
    Wrong he's a union member of the united steel workers of America who works on the pipeline.
    Your right on, on that one. I have family that know the Palin Family and so I guess I am kinda tied into this more then I ever thought I would be!
    09-03-08 02:09 AM
    I see you get your answers from his spin website.

FACT
    When Obama wanted to bring his campaign's retired 2 star general military advisor with the press it became a political stop. He knew DOD's policy because you just quoted it. End of story

Comparing the sub foreign relations committee to Armed Services Committee is laughable. Bottom line Obama never went on the record on his sub committee or the foreign relations committee, or the senate floor on Afghanistan.

That vote that Obama voted against is also the same one when the Liberal Dems leader Harry Reid said that we lost the war. The vote was to cut off funding for troops already in theater. McCain at the time was pushing for the surge and no surrender. Bush AGREED-ED AND vetoed the bill.

2 years and half:
    12 months in a year
    6 months in a 1/2 year
    There are 365 days in year correct?
    365 (1 year) +365 (1 year)+180 ( half a year)= 900 days

Your assumption as to my source is baffling since you do not dispute the factual content. Your response changes the subject which was a response from a previous inquiry as to the distortions in the ad. I note that you do not assail the proposition that the ad did distort the facts to benefit McCain's point. BTW, while we are at it, (1) not all of McCain's ads are guilty of this and (2) some of Obama's ads are guilty of the same. Seems that all politicians do it (whether that is right or wrong is another question) but clearly no one should be making decisions on either candidate based on what they see in a political ad. Finally, if you are interested in a genuine discussion of issues and perspective, I am game but if you are only interested in spouting platitudes, party rhetoric and evasion, I am not interested.
    09-03-08 06:26 AM
    Why do you do this? Do you honestly believe that putting your reply in a giant, bold font is any less rude then using all caps? I can assure you that we will be able to comprehend what you are trying to convey just as well if it is at 12 point and not in bold. Whether anyone agrees with what you are trying to convey is a separate issue.
    Last edited by RoninKSB; 09-03-08 at 09:30 AM.
    09-03-08 06:30 AM
    thats what I call an addiction. 2 berrys . . .
    09-03-08 07:26 AM
    Typical...when there is no real substance to bring up against a candidiate; people resort to things like slips of the tongue to pounce on (such as the number of states in the U.S. example). I think it's MORE DUMB to actually boast about being 'smarter' than a person running for the highest office in the world...just because they misspoke from being mentally and physically drained on the campaign trail..it happens. There are more than enough examples of slips of the tongue on McCain as well.

Now here's more of a tell-tale sign of REAL proof in inadequacy...what does it say about McCain's decision making; when the guy and his staff didn't even properly invest the time and thorough'ness of making the choice of his VP (the person he is trying to sell as being competent to be 2nd in command of the free world)...when all this stuff is coming out about her that even McCain and his staffers didn't know. If he's making these types of deficiency in his decisions NOW..think about if he became president. Scary.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-03-08 at 09:54 AM.
    09-03-08 09:51 AM
291 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD