Eh, you "know" that from personal experience, or are you just parroting someone else?

Double-standards, tich tich.
    Ag is NOT a parrot. He has a mind of his own. there's a diff in trivia u learn and can use later in regular conversation and usless factoids u pull outta ur a$$ to look smart in a debate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:33 PM
    Really, admit it: Obama has been in the Senate two years, and spent half of that running for President.

And being a Governor for two years doesn't qualify one?

Mind you, four of the last five Presidents served as Governor before being elected President.

Palin is a fine person, McCain scored big bringing her to the ticket and the Dems are SOOOOO pissed. lol.
    By your arguments, McCain himself is not less qualified to be President then her. Matter of fact, I think you may have hit gold here, reverse the ticket! Palin-McCain 08!

I would suggest that you consider that for the last several months John McCain has said repeatedly argued that Obama did not have enough/any foreign policy experience and that made him the wrong choice for President. So his VP is someone that has absolutely none. A little hypocritical, I think, but it was an argument that did gain some traction. Personally, I think the job is unlike any other and there is no experience that is directly applicable. One can only attempt to extrapolate based on what the individual brings to the table what kind of President or VP they will make.

I will also add to this mix that she was the Mayor of a town that had 9000 people at its max, and has been the Governor of the least populace state for a year and a half (I read somewhere that when measured by population, Alaska would be the 20th largest city in America). When you consider that each of those citizens get a 'stipend' from the State as incentive to stay, I'm at a loss as to how you consider that job as on the same level as Governor of Arkansas or Iowa or even Texas (a state in which the Leuitenant Governor is equivalent to the Governorship in most other states and the Governor is less powerful).

That said, I don't think it would be a bad thing to have less of these bloody Rhodes scholars, Harvard/Princeton/Yale grads, dynasties, etc. in the office. Time for a regular Joe/Jane. Heck, they couldn't possible do a worse job.

BTW, I do appreciate the irony of this post in light of my previous one.
    09-01-08 11:34 PM
    You've met her and know enough to make that statement?

Cripes.....more Kool Aid Drinking Obamanuts.
    Hey, I've met her only one time less than Mccain has
    09-01-08 11:38 PM
    John McCain has said repeatedly argued that Obama did not have enough/any foreign policy experience and that made him the wrong choice for President.
    No, that was Hillary and Biden who stated that about your nominee, Mr. Barack OBama.
    09-01-08 11:38 PM
    The thing that amazes me is all the right wingers complaining about
    the Dems drinking the Kool-Aid when it is totally obvious that they
    have also. Double the serving if this thread is any indication.

I wonder how many of these McCain/Palin (ugh) supporters have
    done any of their own research beyond listening to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter and the rest of that screeching crew.
    09-01-08 11:39 PM
    Ag is NOT a parrot. He has a mind of his own.
    pffftttt!

If it squawks like a parrot, walks like a parrot... must be, well you know.
    09-01-08 11:41 PM
    That woman is perhaps the worst, most desparate counter intuitive and yet transparent vice presidential choice. With any hope we will wakeup from this nightmare. Poor choices on both sides .
    09-01-08 11:44 PM
    pffftttt!

If it squawks like a parrot, walks like a parrot... must be, well you know.
    Well considering you do not actually know me or how I live my life, your opinion
    of me is completely valueless. Sorry, but an invisible person on a forum ain't
    gonna cost me any sleep.

I know I have intellectual honesty when it comes to matters of politics, can you
    say the same. In your words, and not Hannity's.

because all I have seen from you are talking points and cliches.
    09-01-08 11:44 PM
    The thing that amazes me is all the right wingers complaining about
    the Dems drinking the Kool-Aid when it is totally obvious that they
    have also. Double the serving if this thread is any indication.

I wonder how many of these McCain/Palin (ugh) supporters have
    done any of their own research beyond listening to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter and the rest of that screeching crew.
    You've still ignored every issue that has come up. By the way, where do you get your information then? And what's wrong with listening to them, are they making up lies? Sure they inject their opinion, but facts are facts regardless of where they come from.
    09-01-08 11:45 PM
    Yep, you can call users here a "parrot" all day long and sleep well.

But when you exhibit the same here and are called out on it you claim my opinion is valueless.

Same as yours then.

More like intellectually dishonest, honestly.
    09-01-08 11:47 PM
    That woman is perhaps the worst, most desparate counter intuitive and yet transparent vice presidential choice. With any hope we will wakeup from this nightmare. Poor choices on both sides .
    Amen. That's what I'm talking about!! Glad u came to join the party here my friend!!!

09-01-08 11:49 PM
    No, that was Hillary and Biden who stated that about your nominee, Mr. Barack OBama.
    You sure?

How about this: John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President

I note that this TV ad is a pretty decent distortion of the facts.
    09-01-08 11:50 PM
    Awww... look @ Grand ma and her lil boo baby..oops I mean her baby
    09-01-08 11:51 PM
    Just out of curiosity, are you evenhanded in your attribution of comments made by third-parties? For example, do you refer to to O'Reilly and Limbaugh "Third-Party Attack Hounds" for McCain? I guess the question does require that you believe O'Reilly and Limbaugh are "attack hounds".

Also, how can you applaud his stand if you truly believe that he is to cowardly to say what he really believes and enlists "attack hounds" to do it for him? Seems disingenious to have both in the same statement.
    Ronskin,

Have you ever read the Daily Kos? They were saying that Palin's child with downs syndrome was actually her daughter's baby. Offering no facts just speculation that ran with a story. It's amazing it took the National Inquirer to bring down Edwards when the main stream media ignored the story for almost a year.

Like or not O'Reiily and Limbaugh deal with facts.
    09-01-08 11:51 PM
    No, Ronin, you would actually need to do a little research to find Senator Clinton's and Biden's attacks on OBama.

But you will.
    09-01-08 11:52 PM
    You sure?

How about this: John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President

I note that this TV ad is a pretty decent distortion of the facts.
    can you refute a single one of those statements?
    09-01-08 11:52 PM
    I read through this entire thread and didn't read one policy related post that would sway me either way. Just the same tired name calling. There was maybe one or two comments about Obama's tax plan that wasn't even a direct quote.

Again if one disagrees with the right they are labled unamerican and anti-military. - posted a pretty long thread about why I couldn't vote for a Republican this election. You know, I didn't call anyone a name or use a single slogan.

If you want me to vote for a Republican, give me a real reason. I have a lot of respect for John McCain. He and I served in the military during the same era. He is a genuine hero. Also, why should I hate Obama? He has worked hard for the less fortunate among us in the state legislature and as a community activist -i and there is something wrong with that?

I do remember an Illinois politician with less experience who turned out to be a pretty good president. Can anyone guess who? Reread the thread; I think the right won the mocking, name calling in this thread.

09-01-08 11:54 PM
    Ronskin,

Have you ever read the Daily Kos? They were saying that Palin's child with downs syndrome was actually her daughter's baby. Offering no facts just speculation that ran with a story. It's amazing it took the National Inquirer to bring down Edwards when the main stream media ignored the story for almost a year.

Like or not O'Reiily and Limbaugh deal with facts.
    amen...the dems want to take talk radio down because it's the only thing they can't get their hands around. I mean, look at their attempts at talk radio....how about that Air America!!!
    09-01-08 11:55 PM
    It's amazing it took the National Inquirer to bring down Edwards when the main stream media ignored the story for almost a year.
    WAIT, you mean Edwards really is a two-faced, lying, scandalous, adulterer? Even though we knew that for a year and no one would report it in the main stream media?

While his wife was undergoing cancer treatments? No way, that was just Limbaugh's personal attacks. That is no way true.

And not his kid? Really, now?
    09-01-08 11:55 PM
    Quite a secret. She was not even vetted. You'll learn alot more about her and it may surprise you. Anyway I like her taste in phones. Whoop?
    09-01-08 11:56 PM
    You've still ignored every issue that has come up. By the way, where do you get your information then? And what's wrong with listening to them, are they making up lies? Sure they inject their opinion, but facts are facts regardless of where they come from.
    See that is the thing. I read a variety of news, listen to a variety of radio,
    read various websites, and go to EVERY candidates websites, view the position
    papers, digest all that info and MAKE MY UP OWN FRIGGIN MIND.

There is nothing wrong with listening to any one person, except you only get
    one view. And in some cases total lies: i.e. Hannity's saying Senator Durbin accused the troops of committing war crimes. Absolutely not what he said and not in any way true.

So facts are not facts, depending on where you get these so called facts
    they can be skewed to the commentators way of thinking. Got that!
    09-01-08 11:56 PM
    I read through this entire thread and didn't read one policy related post that would sway me either way. Just the same tired name calling. There was maybe one or two comments about Obama's tax plan that wasn't even a direct quote.

Again if one disagrees with the right they are labled unamerican and anti-military. - posted a pretty long thread about why I couldn't vote for a Republican this election. You know, I didn't call anyone a name or use a single slogan.

If you want me to vote for a Republican, give me a real reason. I have a lot of respect for John McCain. He and I served in the military during the same era. He is a genuine hero. Also, why should I hate Obama? He has worked hard for the less fortunate among us in the state legislature and as a community activist -i and there is something wrong with that?

I do remember an Illinois politician with less experience who turned out to be a pretty good president. Can anyone guess who? Reread the thread; I think the right won the mocking, name calling in this thread.

I could get a direct quote about that tax deal, but no one has even stepped up to bat to discuss it. Once again, people don't. I bet majority of the people here think we have "a right to vote"
    09-01-08 11:57 PM
    See that is the thing. I read a variety of news, listen to a variety of radio,
    read various websites, and go to EVERY candidates websites, view the position
    papers, digest all that info and MAKE MY OWN FRIGGIN MIND.

There is nothing wrong with listening to any one person, except you only get
    one view. And in some cases total lies: i.e. Hannity's saying Senator Durbin accused the troops of committing war crimes. Absolutely not what he said and not in any way true.

So facts are not facts, depending on where you get these so called facts
    they can be skewed to the commentators way of thinking. Got that!
    okay, how is this then....did Obama spend more, less, or equal to 143 days serving in the Senate?
    09-01-08 11:58 PM
    Abe Lincoln.

yea, if i were Ms. OBama, I would take a $300,000/year stipend to do 'commmunity activism' work.

What joke her lie is.
    amen...the dems want to take talk radio down because it's the only thing they can't get their hands around. I mean, look at their attempts at talk radio....how about that Air America!!!
    Wow. Ur something else.........I can't believe YOU are in college sometimes with the things that come out of your mouth-

291 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD