Yeah it does, but that is because people get locked into ideology
    and stop thinking critically.

Look at the post in this thread alone. So many talk radio cliches and party talking points. It's like listening to a room full of parrots

I love politics and really love a good debate, but debating people that can't or won't think for themselves is pointless.
    How many glasses of that cool aid have you drank already AG??
    09-01-08 09:34 PM
    How many glasses of that cool aid have you drank already AG??
    I'm gonna hurt you. Seriously, I have no party affiliation at all. None.
    I don't vote based on party. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents.
    My criteria, best person for the job, i.e Reagan twice, Clinton twice, Bush once, etc...
    09-01-08 09:38 PM
    I'm gonna hurt you. Seriously, I have no party affiliation at all. None.
    I don't vote based on party. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents.
    My criteria, best person for the job, i.e Reagan twice, Clinton twice, Bush once, etc...
    Lol, I figured I'd get a rise outta ya with that one. That was my only intention. I refuse to go down the political path on a Blackberry forum. lol...
    09-01-08 09:41 PM
    That people is an attempt at levity so this thing does not go
    to h3ll in a hurry. There are 2 political threads in Off Topic,
    this doesn't have to nor should it be one.
    Poor attempt, and you did your part anyway to keep it off-topic.

It's fun to see the angry Dems take to personal attacks of big hair and small towns. Does one have to be from Chicago to be smart, or to be President? Wasn't your Bill Clinton a product of a backwoods Arkansas town, with a big-haired Mama? Oh, but he was one of your Dems, so that makes it noble.

But not for Palin. Your double standards are showing.
    Last edited by jsanders; 09-01-08 at 09:54 PM.
    09-01-08 09:46 PM
    jsanders, Obviously can't take a joke, but whatever.
    And read through the rest of this thread and try hanging
    the "Angry Democrat" label on me again. Right, you can't.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-01-08 at 10:10 PM.
    09-01-08 10:05 PM
    oh, a joke. ;-)

haha, i will laugh then.

/eye rolling off.
    09-01-08 10:11 PM
    McCain's act of desperation.
    LMAO. thats funny.
    09-01-08 10:14 PM
    The Dems are just SO freaking mad that McCain stole the thunder on Friday from Obama's speech Thursday night. Obama/Biden didn't get their expected bump in the polls from Biden nor the convention nor his acceptance speech.

Now the Dems are attacking Palin's 17 yr old daughter, so pitiful.
    09-01-08 10:19 PM
    Is 'bama a BB user? Does anyone know.
    09-01-08 10:26 PM
    If Obama or Bidens teenage daughter was pregnant out of wedlock during the election, they would be attacked as well. That's politics.
    09-01-08 10:30 PM
    It's not spelled "Cool Aid", it's "Kool Aid" and can anyone tell where it was first made?

Blueraven
    09-01-08 10:31 PM
    Yeah, but that is a family matter and should be completely off
    limits in any political campaign. Debate her ideas and positions,
    leave her children the h3ll alone.
    09-01-08 10:32 PM
    The Dems are just SO freaking mad that McCain stole the thunder on Friday from Obama's speech Thursday night. Obama/Biden didn't get their expected bump in the polls from Biden nor the convention nor his acceptance speech.

Of course...because they have no agenda. ....they could have chosen the Ted Kennedy Chappaquidick solution......or the Bill Clinton "I did not have ...relations" solution....or the John Edwards "Sure I'll be happy to have a paternity test after the mother refuses it" solution.......but that would be too easy........the Alphabet Media Lemmings would probably never catch on.
    09-01-08 10:33 PM
    It's not spelled "Cool Aid", it's "Kool Aid" and can anyone tell where it was first made?
    Created by Erwin Perkins. Hastings, Nebraska
    09-01-08 10:33 PM
    Yeah, but that is a family matter and should be completely off
    limits in any political campaign. Debate her ideas and positions,
    leave her children the h3ll alone.
    Amen........
    09-01-08 10:34 PM
    Graceless, did you really know that or was that a google answer?

Blueraven
    09-01-08 10:34 PM
    If Obama or Bidens teenage daughter was pregnant out of wedlock during the election, they would be attacked as well. That's politics.
    I disagree. The kids have always been off-limits, and should be. The race is not about them, and traditionally the press and opponents have laid off the kids.

In this case it was an Obama-endorsed and Obama-embraced Daily Kos website who made the personal attacks.
    09-01-08 10:35 PM
    Graceless, did you really know that or was that a google answer?Blueraven
    Oddly enough, I knew that. I remembered that from when I was in Junior Achievement
    (many many moons ago).
    09-01-08 10:39 PM
    Wow. I hate that this crazy lady has a bb. But, ag- I agree. Leave her kids outta this campaign!!! I dislike her for HER, not cuz of her kids!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 10:44 PM
    Wow. I hate that this crazy lady has a bb. But, ag- I agree. Leave her kids outta this campaign!!! I dislike her for HER, not cuz of her kids!!

can you actually give a reason of why you dislike her? And I mean specifics?
    09-01-08 10:46 PM
    I disagree. The kids have always been off-limits, and should be. The race is not about them, and traditionally the press and opponents have laid off the kids.

In this case it was an Obama-endorsed and Obama-embraced Daily Kos website who made the personal attacks.
    I hate to intrude with a fact but the NYT has quoted Obama on this very topic as saying the pregnancy "has no relevance to Governor Palin�s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.� He added that, �my mother had me when she was 18. How a family deals with issues and teen-age children � that shouldn�t be the topic of our politics.� �So,� he added, �I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories.�
    09-01-08 10:49 PM
    Yes, Obama did just that. His third party attack hounds at Daily Kos did it.

I applaud OBama's stand.
    09-01-08 10:51 PM
    His third party attack hounds at Daily Kos did it.

I applaud OBama's stand.
    Just out of curiosity, are you evenhanded in your attribution of comments made by third-parties? For example, do you refer to to O'Reilly and Limbaugh "Third-Party Attack Hounds" for McCain? I guess the question does require that you believe O'Reilly and Limbaugh are "attack hounds".

Also, how can you applaud his stand if you truly believe that he is to cowardly to say what he really believes and enlists "attack hounds" to do it for him? Seems disingenious to have both in the same statement.
    09-01-08 10:59 PM
    I don't agree with politics, but I commend her on her good taste in phones.
    09-01-08 11:01 PM
    can you actually give a reason of why you dislike her? And I mean specifics?
    Let's take a former beauty queen/sports caster and make her mayor. Then, how bout make her governor for LESS than 2 years- then why not let her be the VP of our country??!!! Suuuree. That's a great idea!! lemmie tell ya...... How bout vanna white for president!!! "I'd like to buy a vowel please" we need a vp we can take seriously!! Someone with REAL experience!!!

09-01-08 11:01 PM
291 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD