Well, it’s that time of the year here in Michigan when the local cider mills gear up for the fall season. Nothing like cold apple cider and fresh homemade donuts on a crisp fall day.

09-08-19 09:47 AM
    😲....ooooh looks so nice...😛...
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-08-19 09:58 AM
    Apple Cider donuts are big in upstate NY where I lived for 5 years.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-08-19 05:32 PM
    I wish that “crisp fall” weather would get down to Florida. Lol.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-09-19 04:53 AM
    Can we just focus on getting through hurricane season? You know we’re scheduled for 1-2 fall days in October and 3-4 fall days in November if lucky..

The best are the 4-5 winter days in January when the girls all break out the boots, leather coats and scarves like it’s NYC for 3-4 hours.... :-D
    bakron1 and Jamie Wooten like this.
    09-09-19 06:49 AM
    I talked to my brother in law in Jacksonville yesterday and he said it was 95 and felt like 115 with the heat index.

I know it gets brutally hot and humid down there. I lived in the Hollywood area for a year.
    09-09-19 03:44 PM
    Apple Cider donuts are big in upstate NY where I lived for 5 years.
    Cider and donuts have been popular in the Midwest forever. My uncles started taking me to the local cider mills when I was a little tike and now I am taking my nieces and nephews, great fall tradition.
    09-09-19 03:48 PM
    Not very happy with you Bakron. Every time I open Tapatalk I see your cider and donuts and start craving them. Go mess with someone else’s food weakness!
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-09-19 04:13 PM
    Cider and donuts have been popular in the Midwest forever. My uncles started taking me to the local cider mills when I was a little tike and now I am taking my nieces and nephews, great fall tradition.
    I lived in the Village of Altamont, NY and there were two apple orchards within a few miles from me. I would buy the Macoun apples by the bushel (my favorite apple) and a few gallons of fresh Apple Cider and a few dozens Apple Cider donuts.
    Sadly here in Missouri I can't get Macouns and I don't recall seeing Apple Cider donuts.
    09-09-19 04:54 PM
    I lived in the Village of Altamont, NY and there were two apple orchards within a few miles from me. I would buy the Macoun apples by the bushel (my favorite apple) and a few gallons of fresh Apple Cider and a few dozens Apple Cider donuts.
    Sadly here in Missouri I can't get Macouns and I don't recall seeing Apple Cider donuts.
    That’s the unique thing about apples, depending on the area and the type of Apple used, the cider taste different and most of the cider mills here in Michigan all have a unique recipe they used for their cider and are closely guarded secrets with the family’s who own the mills.

I love Apple cider and have been fortunate enough to have traveled to several states and have tasted some great cider in small towns in the Midwest and out east and I love it.
    anon(8004005) likes this.
    09-09-19 08:01 PM