Another component that adds to this climate is the fact that Crackberry now endorses unlicensed beta versions of operating systems for our devices. In introducing this variable into the community, we have drawn many, many individuals who would otherwise never be attracted here. Persons who would normally be in the pirate sites, and other places where illegal activities are unpunished. As a matter of fact, I would say it won't be too long until someone places a link to a virus on this site in a supposed "leaked" OS.

What price, Kevin are you willing to pay for your continued growth?
    I totally disagree here. CB clearly states that they are leaks advises that they only be installed at your own risk! While the person "leaking" the software may be doing something illegal (probably not thou, more likely they are violating an NDA), CB providing the info, and the folks downloading the leak are doing nothing wrong. Well ok we DO risk voiding our warrenty, we do so at our own risk.
    02-03-09 12:58 PM
    So Reed since you only referenced the personal attacks rule, is that the only one you are moderating? How come the threads titles "HEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" never get edited. Even the most recent one I can think of titled like that was a new member asking the what the WAP address was (information that is easily found with a search) still remains on the forums. Why are personal attacks the only thing members are being reprimanded for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If whatever post "bothers" you, why don't you just ignore it and move onto a post that your seriously interested in...
    02-03-09 01:02 PM
    Another component that adds to this climate is the fact that Crackberry now endorses unlicensed beta versions of operating systems for our devices. In introducing this variable into the community, we have drawn many, many individuals who would otherwise never be attracted here. Persons who would normally be in the pirate sites, and other places where illegal activities are unpunished. As a matter of fact, I would say it won't be too long until someone places a link to a virus on this site in a supposed "leaked" OS.

What price, Kevin, are you willing to pay for your continued growth?

The Site was already growing at rapids rates before beta were posted. Posting these softwares has not increased the growth rate any faster. This has just happened recently
    02-03-09 01:06 PM
    is this all pointed at AG or many people? I like him for one and second hes helpful...But i dont understand where the he thinks hes the forum GOD comes from
    02-03-09 01:11 PM
    I need to check out this "off-topic" section. Sounds like it's pretty lively. I've never even gone into it. I do believe though that I once had a thread of mine moved to the off-topic section by a mod.
    Proceed with caution Poe

Maybe take a Karate Class or two as Well LOL
    02-03-09 01:12 PM
    is this all pointed at ... or many people? I like him for one and second hes helpful...But i dont understand where the he thinks hes the forum GOD comes from
    I think that is simply from people misunderstanding or misreading the general tone of someone's response.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-03-09 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    02-03-09 01:16 PM
    is this all pointed at ... or many people? I like him for one and second hes helpful...But i dont understand where the he thinks hes the forum GOD comes from
    I don't care who the attack is directed to, and you are crowding my space by posting that.

I don't look forward to banning, we all know it bairly effective, but it the big stick and the time has come to make the rules effective.
    02-03-09 01:17 PM
    After re-reading this thread (simply because it was interesting the first time and because it was edited for television the second) it occurs to me that some of the people posting have quite the chip on their shoulder about....well too much for a single post really.

This is a forum about phones on the internet!

If your life has such little meaning that this is what you get all upset about in your day, then I feel bad for you. Plain and simple I just feel bad for you and everyone that reads your posts should too. There are many more important things in the world for you to get upset about. I can understand when I see people getting their hackles up on a political forum (that stuff actually does effect our lives), but this is about Blackberries here. True, this particular thread is about how we treat each other and I see that as something important, but I also know when to walk away.

I would like to go back to what someone else said previously (I would actually go back and find the original posters name, but I am just too lazy for that right now). I would like to amend the old saying that "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all" and change it to:

If you can't post anything helpful, then don't post anything at all.

To me this covers everything. Telling someone that they can search the forum is actually being helpful as long as you don't show your a$$ in the process. Posting a link to the actual topic that someone needs to read is even more helpful. Talking about someone's mother (unless the OP was asking for help with his mother's BB) is not very helpful.
    02-03-09 01:18 PM
    is this all pointed at AG or many people? I like him for one and second hes helpful...But i dont understand where the he thinks hes the forum GOD comes from
    Coach, I do NOT consider myself of any more value than
    the oldest or the newest member. I have done my very
    best to assist where I can. For those of you who do not
    know me, that has not only been in the threads, but in
    PM, BBM, Yahoo IM and on quite a few occasions via the phone.

Where I have felt the need to apologize for a post, I always do.
    There is no one amongst the 600,000+ members faster to admit
    to being wrong than I am. I will not however apologize for being real.
    02-03-09 01:23 PM
    Im crowding your space? wow! do what ya gotta do

I don't care who the attack is directed to, and you are crowding my space by posting that.

I don't look forward to banning, we all know it bairly effective, but it the big stick and the time has come to make the rules effective.
    02-03-09 01:24 PM
    AM, you know me dont sweat it I was just asking. I thought it was directed at you so I asked a Q? thats all!
    02-03-09 01:26 PM
    This thread is getting kind of funny but I have a feeling personal attacks are going to begin. How about just closing it?
    02-03-09 01:28 PM
    Some people actually benefit from a little rudeness. There are people who, if you simply point them in the direction of a previous post, will check it, thank you for helping, and then 2 days later they post another duplicate question. Sometimes if you're a little rude, that person will think twice about CHECKING before they post again. With that said, the rudeness does go too far sometimes.
    02-03-09 01:29 PM
    Track Record
    02-03-09 01:29 PM
    AM, you know me dont sweat it I was just asking. I thought it was directed at you so I asked a Q? thats all!
    Ain't no thang Coach. You know you and I will always be as cool as November.
    I'm just a bit annoyed at having my name called out by folk that choose to
    cherry pick <1% of almost 9000 posts.
    02-03-09 01:30 PM
    Couldn't agree more with vortec 5.3. If you don't want to hear it.....ignore it. But as far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 words that could be said to me on any internet discussion board, that could possibly bother me one way or another. And those would be....'IP BAN'!(lol)

You've just got to remenber that, if someones flaming you for whatever reason, they're probably about 1000 miles away. We're they in the same room, face to face with you, the response might be a little different in tone. As posted, I think a lot of people find courage in the anonimity of the internet. It's just the nature of the beast. You've just got to expect it, ignore it, continue to abide by the rules of the forum,.....and go about the business of learning, and helping when possible.

It's just a pleasure for me to be here.
    Last edited by Gothamart; 02-03-09 at 01:39 PM.
    02-03-09 01:33 PM
    Ain't no thang Coach. ....
    That is the best resolution, thank you to all the members make this a really special forum. Your cooperation sets the standard for the forum.

02-03-09 01:35 PM

I am sorry to hear that Coach, others have found my contributions of value. The MOP thead over 100K views, the Dead Blackberry thread, fortunaly, is well behind.

I was satisfied the mutual accord, but feel free to call out any mod. This is aleady archived, we do it BlackBerry style.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-03-09 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Content moderation, thank you for your cooperation.
    02-03-09 01:40 PM

I am sorry to hear that Coach, others have found my contributions of value. The MOP thead over 100K views, the Dead Blackberry thread, fortunaly, is well behind.

I would love your MOP if I could actually understand Reed.... Now I'm not dissing on you.... Just saying...
    02-03-09 01:44 PM
    This thread is getting kind of funny but I have a feeling personal attacks are going to begin. How about just closing it?

I think this warrants additional discussion. It is a big deal to us.

We are not pleased with the increase in name calling and flaming attacks.

The bans will be short, many of our members have returned after a couple days, amended their ways and now are the valued content providers.

I would love your MOP if I could actually understand Reed.... Now I'm not dissing on you.... Just saying...
    Thank you my friend. I am student of the masters, John Clark of BlackBerry forum showed me the ropes and I had a few failures along the way myself. The MOP is a community project, the tough part was conveying the OS Device download directions.

I have concentrated on memory management and suggested in Tips, to leave them alone.

However, the direction still are a little vague, members without well developed computer skills are encouraged to ask their techie friends for a hand.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-03-09 at 01:55 PM.
    02-03-09 01:47 PM
    Ain't no thang Coach. You know you and I will always be as cool as November.
    I'm just a bit annoyed at having my name called out by folk that choose to
    cherry pick <1% of almost 9000 posts.
    Haha I know how you feel AG!

Minus the 9000 posts lolol
    02-03-09 01:48 PM
    hey, theres doushbags in every part of the world so why is there such a surprise when we see some come here? What pains me is if someone has such a short string that they need to insult, rather than to direct kindly or inform, why even post it at all? It takes time to actually post a stupid comment rather than to just look it over, decide, "hey, I'm not gonna give this person the answer if they could of just read," and move on!

It just the nature of some ppl to sturr up the pot. Don't let it bother you! Everyone on here is hiding behind a computer so their confidence grows a lot more than in the real world. It is a lot less than other forums I been on, and I think it has a lot to do with the age/success range of bb owners. But even then, these devices are hittin teens and young ppl more and more... Just move on if u feel the need to insult, and for those insulted, move on as well, lol! Happy CB'in!
    02-03-09 01:50 PM
    Coach just a FYI. Be careful what you post and delete. The Mods can still see all deleted posts.
    02-03-09 01:50 PM
    I'm probably going to get the same rude comments that I am talking about in this post. But seriously why do people have to be so down-right mean about stuff. OK, so there are other posts on a subject.... don't click on the post then. Or someone doesn't know how to do something? Just leave them alone and let someone who is actually going to help them, help them. Its so sad that we are all here united by our addiction to all things Blackberry and we can't even manage to get along.
    I agree completely! When I first joined Crackberry I barely knew what a forum was much less how to search for one! I probably asked questions that was answered many times elsewhere but they all answered politely All I wanted was answers on how to use my phone. But I really enjoy reading the posts and I've learned alot about blackberrys here than anywhere else. After all I didn't join Crackberry to learn how to use a forum (That's probably on another site!)
    02-03-09 01:53 PM
    This happens on every forum, and it isn't going away any time soon.

Sad but true.
    02-03-09 01:56 PM
198 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD