I There is an over abundance of repetition and �stupid� questions
    No offense intended, but is your definition of a stupid question?
    02-03-09 09:16 AM
    BTW, there are people, who don't have a problem with being told how to use "search", or how to use post titles to help make topics more searchable (which makes finding info for everyone that much easier). If you don't know how to work a forum (and many folks don't), then be open to learning. Don't get an attitude, or go into depression, cuz someone told you to "please do a search" — cuz there's nothing wrong with that suggestion. The community needs to "work" for everyone — the novice, and the experienced user.

If you try to interpret "tone", with just words (that aren't rude by themselves), then you run into trouble, because you can't "see" tone, and you'll be frustrated/sad/brokenhearted 24/7.

Both sides can take this thing way too deep. We've got all types of personalities in here — it's naive to think that everybody is going to communicate just like you.

If things get nasty — report it. That's what we've been asked to do, by the admins/mods. There's no excuse for abusive behavior. After that, move on and try not to add to the madness.

FYI, "you" means anybody, not somebody.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 02-03-09 at 09:51 AM.
    02-03-09 09:22 AM
    Why is there a thread like this every other friggin day. Grow up
    people. Not everyone will communicate in a fashion you approve of.
    That does not make them rude, it just means there are those of us
    who refuse to sugar coat things, coddle anyone, hold anyones hand
    or pretend to be "Pollyannish" for the sake of Forum harmony.

Furthermore, there is so much that get lost in translation in a
    post. There is absolutely no way to determine the posters
    intent from what is typed. That is completely subjective. I have
    misinterpreted and have had more than a few comments
    misinterpreted. It happens.

Rather than these ridiculous "can we all get along threads", can
    we all just get a brain.
    I can name one time when you misinterpreted a post. Lol. Heehee. Haha. Funny funny. J/K.

Inside joke. I still like you AG

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 10:02 AM
    This is a good topic...I am with you on the rudeness..

02-03-09 10:05 AM
    It's not what you say but how you say it. It is, in fact, hard to tell the difference between someone is being rude or being straightforward on the internet. That's why someone invented these things...
    02-03-09 10:06 AM
    I just say 'agree to disagree' and vice versa. I do make it a point to try to NOT be rude.
    02-03-09 10:07 AM
    BTW, there are people, who don't have a problem with being told how to use "search", or how to use post titles to help make topics more searchable (which makes finding info for everyone that much easier). If you don't know how to work a forum (and many folks don't), then be open to learning. Don't get an attitude, or go into depression, cuz someone told you to "please do a search" � cuz there's nothing wrong with that suggestion. The community needs to "work" for everyone � the novice, and the experienced user.

If you try to interpret "tone", with just words (that aren't rude by themselves), then you run into trouble, because you can't "see" tone, and you'll be frustrated/sad/brokenhearted 24/7.

Both sides can take this thing way too deep. We've got all types of personalities in here � it's naive to think that everybody is going to communicate just like you.

If things get nasty � report it. That's what we've been asked to do, by the admins/mods. There's no excuse for abusive behavior. After that, move on and try not to add to the madness.

FYI, "you" means anybody, not somebody.
    I was really focused on when people throw out insults as opposed to suggestions

02-03-09 10:09 AM
    Wow this has been an interesting read. I think we should put this energy into helping out other people that love their BB. I mean no one here is perfect, we all just need to try and let things be what they are. We certainly are not capable of changing others views or actions. Things run pretty smooth on CB with the minor hic-up now and then. So let's just enjoy the forum.

02-03-09 10:12 AM
    No offense intended, but is your definition of a stupid question?
    No offense taken. It is not, however, my definition that I was referring too. That is why I put it in quotes.
    Last edited by roeod4; 02-03-09 at 10:40 AM.
    02-03-09 10:35 AM
    I think also since cb has boomed so much that there will just be more folks like this. When I first got on CB almost a year ago it was still tiny and everyone was just really helpful because we were all bb enthusiast. Now it's a mixed crowd of enthusiasts and folks who just got a bb and dont really know much about them.
    02-03-09 10:41 AM
    No offense taken. It is not, however, my definition that I was referring too. That is why I put it in quotes.
    Non taken..............
    02-03-09 10:42 AM
    And that is why I am in the process of deleting my account....blunt..honest...straightfoward is one thing...I have thick thick skin...I grew up in bad places...I know how to take care of my little feelings....but to listen to the HS crap gonig on...the trashing of people ...the calling of people rats...where I have been you should have some bonefide proof in those types of things before you make allegations like that....that being sad...all people will not get along....different backgrounds and different ways of communicating and different insecurities lend themselves to questionable motives sometimes....all get along...probable not...all be respectful...well that should go without saying.
    THat's where MODERATORS should do their job and delete those posts. That's what Moderators are for. This is a Monitored service and abuse should not be part of it.
    02-03-09 10:54 AM
    I love this place. I came on here quite a bit before the storm came out and I can tell you the rudeness was abundant. There were people who would call you an ***** to your face, and then they got nominated by Kevin for the best poster of 2008--several of them. Wacky, right? I think the problem here is that the moderators are selective on who they police, and Kevin wants this place to be controversial so it will get more visitors and more sponsors, which means more money for him. And in the mean time (ha I made a joke) we all get to play around and tell each other to go **** ourselves and nothing happens! This is like rage therapy! Hahahaha **** you, **** you all! Hahahhahaaha
    02-03-09 10:56 AM
    THat's where MODERATORS should do their job and delete those posts. That's what Moderators are for. This is a Monitored service and abuse should not be part of it.
    I'll take it a step furthur, warn the poster who is attacking the poster, if that doesn't help, give said poster a timeout (whatever period of time) and if that doesn't do it, ban him or her.
    02-03-09 10:58 AM
    Your mod's do not get PAID.... Just fYI... With that said it has been posted before.... If you find a rude, harassing or just plain insane post from someone... now not ones that someone may rub the wrong cheek but you get what i mean...... All Admins and mods have told us to hit the report button. I am getting real used to doing it on a daily basis..... Why.... Nobody pissed me off, I am just trying to se this place cleaned up as much as anybody else does....

But backt ot he mods and reporting. I beleive they are not going to follow you all around and baby sit you all. They have lives, families, jobs, and their Blackberry to attend to... But if you report a post or thread.. Trust me it will be taken care of........

Just something to think about.....
    02-03-09 10:59 AM
    On a side note, CB is one of the nicest forums I've been on. I'm serious! It really is!
    I agree; CrackBerry has THE friendliest forums I've ever participated in. The users are usually exceptionally helpful

02-03-09 11:03 AM
    So you are saying that people should never use the search function and should feel free to clutter the board with redundant posts because they are lazy?
    not @ all but I feel like they could be corrected in a nicer way than being called names and having their intelligence insulted.
    02-03-09 11:05 AM
    I agree; CrackBerry has THE friendliest forums I've ever participated in. The users are usually exceptionally helpful

PackerChatters.com - The #1 Green Bay Packers Fan Site - The People Behind The Posts
    02-03-09 11:06 AM
    FTR This thread itself has been moderated. If you were watching closely (ok I guess this REALLY proves I'm a CB addict) at one point the thread went from 5 pages back to 4, and now because it's active it's back to 5. BUT posts were deleted, so the mods ARE doing their job.
    Compared to most forums this place is pretty tame. There aren't trollers every where just trying to kill posts.
    Being nice and courteous is one thing, but allowing people to break rules because you want to be nice and courteous is different. It's time for rules to be followed and the mods to start enforcing them.

I love this place. I came on here quite a bit before the storm came out and I can tell you the rudeness was abundant. There were people who would call you an ***** to your face, and then they got nominated by Kevin for the best poster of 2008--several of them. Wacky, right? I think the problem here is that the moderators are selective on who they police, and Kevin wants this place to be controversial so it will get more visitors and more sponsors, which means more money for him. And in the mean time (ha I made a joke) we all get to play around and tell each other to go **** ourselves and nothing happens! This is like rage therapy! Hahahaha **** you, **** you all! Hahahhahaaha
    Not any more.

Being nice and courteous is one thing, but allowing people to break rules because you want to be nice and courteous is different. It's time for rules to be followed and the mods to start enforcing them.

Over the past couple year, we have attached a large and diverse membership and have led by example. The results have been very satisfactory.

Then come the Storm. It understandable that some Storm owners will be unhappy, that is the purpose of the Rants and Raves sub forum. We all know this is a work in progress, much like the OS upgrades we have seen, there will be a final version that works and works well.

Personal Attacks

Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion.
    If your post gets reported, and we can qualify any violation of this rule, you will receive a short term penelty ban. If it happens a second time....

Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-03-09 at 11:20 AM.
    02-03-09 11:17 AM
    ^-----Toldya the thread was being moderated! Good job Reed.
    02-03-09 11:21 AM
    I can name one time when you misinterpreted a post. Lol. Heehee. Haha. Funny funny. J/K.

Inside joke. I still like you AG
    Um... Yeah... about that... Totally my bad And I am so sure you can name
    more than one. BUT, DON'T!!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-03-09 at 11:28 AM.
    02-03-09 11:25 AM
    How do you become a Moderator. I would volunteer my time since I do read many threads. Sounds like more Moderators are needed to uphold the peace around here anyway.
    02-03-09 11:27 AM
198 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD