I'm probably going to get the same rude comments that I am talking about in this post. But seriously why do people have to be so down-right mean about stuff. OK, so there are other posts on a subject.... don't click on the post then. Or someone doesn't know how to do something? Just leave them alone and let someone who is actually going to help them, help them. Its so sad that we are all here united by our addiction to all things Blackberry and we can't even manage to get along.
    02-02-09 10:19 PM
    Personally, I dont mind answering the same questions multiple times. I cant say what or why others do what they do but I'm sure to them the have a validated reason. You have to remember that this is a forum so you will get all kinds of responses from all kinds of people. Its the internet.
    02-02-09 10:22 PM
    I think the anonymity of the internet allows for some meanness to go on. Can't do much about it I'm afraid. It's just the internet.

On a side note, CB is one of the nicest forums I've been on. I'm serious! It really is!
    02-02-09 10:24 PM
    People who don't know how to use the search function or post topic titles like "HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!1!1111!!one!! 11" break my heart.

I don't think it's rude in anyway for people to be reprimanded for not using common sense.
    02-02-09 10:28 PM
    Complete agreement on this one.
    02-02-09 10:29 PM
    Good thread! Maybe many will read this
    02-02-09 10:29 PM
    Why is there a thread like this every other friggin day. Grow up
    people. Not everyone will communicate in a fashion you approve of.
    That does not make them rude, it just means there are those of us
    who refuse to sugar coat things, coddle anyone, hold anyones hand
    or pretend to be "Pollyannish" for the sake of Forum harmony.

Furthermore, there is so much that get lost in translation in a
    post. There is absolutely no way to determine the posters
    intent from what is typed. That is completely subjective. I have
    misinterpreted and have had more than a few comments
    misinterpreted. It happens.

Rather than these ridiculous "can we all get along threads", can
    we all just get a brain.
    02-02-09 10:36 PM
    Yes having a good thread title and searching helps. Most people that come here with thos questions are looking for a fast answer as they are desperate. Informing them to search and title better with class is one thing. I have seen some on here straight out bash them. Now thats uncalled for anywhere anytime. For the most part, this forum is great for people responding kindly.
    02-02-09 10:37 PM

we all just get a brain.
    I knew this was gonna happen. its one thing to politely correct and another completely to bash.
    02-02-09 10:40 PM
    Yes having a good thread title and searching helps. Most people that come here with thos questions are looking for a fast answer as they are desperate. Informing them to search and title better with class is one thing. I have seen some on here straight out bash them. Now thats uncalled for anywhere anytime. For the most part, this forum is great for people responding kindly.
    My exact point in a nut shell.
    02-02-09 10:41 PM
    I knew this was gonna happen. its one thing to politely correct and another completely to bash.

...and you are making my misinterpreting point for me.
    This was not a bash. It is reality.
    02-02-09 10:42 PM

we all just get a brain.

AG... I dont think the OP ment this in the forums in general. There is so much flaming going on in the Storm forums and we have been pleading for peace there. Unless you spend all you time there, you just would not understand.
    02-02-09 10:44 PM
    ...and you are making my misinterpreting point for me.
    This was not a bash. It is reality.
    It may be reality but you can say the truth without being abrasive. not many people take kindly by being told to grow up when they were just expressing their concerns... its one of those if you don't agree why even reply situations.
    02-02-09 10:45 PM
    AG... I dont think the OP ment this in the forums in general. There is so much flaming going on in the Storm forums and we have been pleading for peace there. Unless you spend all you time there, you just would not understand.
    VERY accurate. That is where i spend the majority of my time.
    02-02-09 10:46 PM
    And that is why I am in the process of deleting my account....blunt..honest...straightfoward is one thing...I have thick thick skin...I grew up in bad places...I know how to take care of my little feelings....but to listen to the HS crap gonig on...the trashing of people ...the calling of people rats...where I have been you should have some bonefide proof in those types of things before you make allegations like that....that being sad...all people will not get along....different backgrounds and different ways of communicating and different insecurities lend themselves to questionable motives sometimes....all get along...probable not...all be respectful...well that should go without saying.
    02-02-09 10:49 PM
    It may be reality but you can say the truth without being abrasive.
    Again, that is your view. And again, you have no idea behind my intent typing
    that. Assume what you wish, but there will not be a more honest answer to this.
    Yeah it is uncalled for when people are bashed like that. As another member posted earlier it is a "public forum" with all walks of life on here so...
    very true. *sigh*
    02-02-09 10:51 PM
    OK...I'm gonna have to start hangin out in the storm rooms. The one place I never tread in.....watch out cus I'm coming in swingin!!!!
    02-02-09 10:53 PM
    I always try to help folks with a touch of humor. It is far easier to go nuclear and cause destruction than to harness fission and get some useful work done.

One thing useful about answering rthe same questions is that you yourself start learning to ask the right questions. As many folks that are relatively new to their BBs, sometimes they're not sure how to ask the question to get the appropriate answer.

Ignorance is a curable thing, thankfully. Each day for me, in all things, is a learning experience. Observe, do, teach. We'll all be the better for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:58 PM
    I always try to help folks with a touch of humor. It is far easier to go nuclear and cause destruction than to harness fission and get some useful work done.

One thing useful about answering rthe same questions is that you yourself start learning to ask the right questions. As many folks that are relatively new to their BBs, sometimes they're not sure how to ask the question to get the appropriate answer.

Ignorance is a curable thing, thankfully. Each day for me, in all things, is a learning experience. Observe, do, teach. We'll all be the better for it.

Very well said. Though I do also agree with AG. Perhaps I just read things diffenetly than others.
    02-02-09 11:07 PM
    Im with the OP on this to an extent. I feel the board has noticeably more flagrant rude responses than ever before.

Internet Gangsters
    02-02-09 11:07 PM
    I believe part of OP's point is there are some basic principles of civil expression, discussion, and debate that all (should) understand to communicate a point and yet not unduly quash communication or hurt feelings. Sure, there are innumerable views of what civility is; but humility, conisideration for others, and good old "swift to hear and slow to speak" go a long way to guide one's posting form.

That said, there obviouslyis a place to clearly encourage people to use some sense

Insulting, directly or indirectly implying that someone or their views/ideas are stupid, character attacks, and the like should have no place in an online forum. Anyone can be rude and then hide behind internet anomynity.

Being positive, thinking twice before posting, and conideration for people always works the best.
    02-02-09 11:20 PM
    Im with the OP on this to an extent. I feel the board has noticeably more flagrant rude responses than ever before.

Internet Gangsters
    Most of us are not "internet gangsters". Simply people who are fans of common sense and realities (however harsh they may be).

Also, I have no sympathy for people who post the topics with titles such as "HEEELLLLLLLPPPPP" just because they feel they need urgent help. Most times searching would get them an answer quicker.
    Last edited by kvaughan; 02-02-09 at 11:25 PM.
    02-02-09 11:21 PM
    I know when I first joined these forums, I had a pretty hard time getting used to the search. It took me a while to figure out that the best thing to do is put a small phrase of what you want in quotations (for instance "docs to go"). I found that the easiest way to get quick answers to my problems was to start a new thread, and I did get some pretty snappy remarks about "re-posting" and that I'm asking questions already answered. And there is something to be said about not cluttering the boards with a bunch of repitition, but one thing that I've found is that for every thread about a common subject, you'll usually find information that is helpful for your problem, as well as an answer to a question that you never originally had! Most of the things I have learned on this site have been when I've been looking for an answer to something usually unrelated. The bottom line is, we're all on here to exchange information on a common subject, everything BlackBerry. If I have to read 10 threads about hiding shortcuts to find my answer, than so be it, I'll find what I wanted to know, and probably learn 20 other things in the process. We all started as newbies at one time, maybe we should all just calm down and be a little more polite from time to time, we're not all forum experts when we first start out! Just post a link to a thread that has an answer, and politely say, "this should help you find your answer" no reason to be brutally honest or semi harsh, we all want the same thing, an answer to our questions!

02-02-09 11:23 PM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD