Horrible idea! Yeah, let's pay someone for repackaging a free app and hosting it as an OTA. Brilliant....
    Its not about paying him FOR the app, its about toss him a little consideration for his effort in making your bb/pb experience pleasureable.

You still tip your server even though they didn't make your food. Same thing here - I never donate to free apps or podcasts and stuff but this is one where, baring a return, I'm willing to toss a little $ his way.
    jcbrunson and ambarmetta like this.
    03-28-12 12:45 PM
    is it just downloading it from another carrier or is there some modifying that needs to be done?

if someone knows how to make it work PM me

Same here. Without rroyy I will be royally screwed by ATT.
    03-28-12 12:45 PM
    What the heck? Thread got moved to off-topic! Boo, moderators! Boo!
    03-28-12 12:52 PM
    What ever you do... DO NOT UPGRADE/UPDATE YOUR BRIDGE or you are screwed! Oh yeah and back up, back up, back up your phone! I tweeted RRoyy and told him if he needs donations to let us knows. I gonna try to figure out how to get the file and save it for future AT&T user. I will never leave AT&T I have an unlimited data!
    Spencerdl, RoseBud68 and LuisCast like this.
    03-28-12 12:57 PM
    What ever you do... DO NOT UPGRADE/UPDATE YOUR BRIDGE or you are screwed! Oh yeah and back up, back up, back up your phone! I tweeted RRoyy and told him if he needs donations to let us knows. I gonna try to figure out how to get the file and save it for future AT&T user. I will never leave AT&T I have an unlimited data!

Same here, plus I have the now defunct international data unlimited plan as well.
    03-28-12 01:06 PM
    I have Sprint, but I like what rrory did for the ATT customers, all other carriers allow for the bridge......ATT is "GREEDY". I wouldn't suggested updating the bridge app if you have ATT,
    ralfyguy, LuisCast and angel_esq like this.
    03-28-12 01:06 PM
    Willard if you find a way to download the file lets us know please. I have the OS5 ringtone COD on my desktop, wish i'd done the same for the bridge.
    03-28-12 01:09 PM
    You can use many applications to pull Bridge from your device, and write a simple ALX file for later loading via DM. I believe BBSAK allows you to pull cods.
    03-28-12 01:11 PM
    It is sad day to be an ATT Customer. I have benefited from RROY and I appreciate everything that he has done for ATT Playbook Customers. It is really SAD that we are taking what he does and not offering credit. I really hope he re-considers hosting the OTA as there are more people who appreciate his work then those who bash what he does. And those who take credit for his work should be sorry and go find something else to do. RROY please let us know how to donate so we can keep this alive.
    LuisCast, ambarmetta and angel_esq like this.
    03-28-12 01:24 PM
    rroyy, I have donated in the past and will donate more if I have to make up for the people that dont (that's a shame that some people dont) . Tell us what you want.
    03-28-12 01:41 PM
    LYRICIDAL has posted links to the Bridge JADs! Come n git it! Link below, pg33:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/index33.html
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-28-12 04:19 PM
    Didnt read all of the posts... By saying "to protect my work and stop someone stealing my work" I mean I decide to close it today not on 31st. After saying that you gonna close a site it's easy to copy all stuff in it and make copy site... I didnt close my site because some are getting my OTAs and release them as theirs...

Hope this explnation will be enaugh for all...
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-28-12 05:14 PM
    Didnt read all of the posts... By saying "to protect my work and stop someone stealing my work" I mean I decide to close it today not on 31st. After saying that you gonna close a site it's easy to copy all stuff in it and make copy site... I didnt close my site because some are getting my OTAs and release them as theirs...

Hope this explnation will be enaugh for all...
    You picked it up, and you put it down. Let someone else carry it for a little while. No explanations needed.
    ambarmetta and SCrid2000 like this.
    03-28-12 07:59 PM
    RROYY I will miss you!!
    I appreciated all you did for us ATT users and donated every time there was an update.
    Take a REAL vacation this time and enjoy life as you should.

But you will still be MISSED!
    03-28-12 08:31 PM
    Well this clearly sucks for us that have AT&T. Now what are we gonna do?
    There is another site I got my 2.0.0.26 on AT&T, I am mad because I always donated to rroyy just to pull the Site is bs He should have made it a member site with user I'd and passwords.
    03-28-12 09:15 PM
    Site is back BUT please check this before: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7275121
    03-29-12 07:01 AM
    Thanks rroyy. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset about the fact that you had closed the site....I noticed you still posted the links within an existing OTA thread and you said you would still try to take care of team blackberry. You're efforts are appreciated and I can't believe someone is harassing you over the site. Hopefully the donations that come with you reopening the site will make it worth while. PEACE.
    rroyy likes this.
    03-29-12 07:17 AM
    Welcome back Sir Roy!
    rroyy likes this.
    03-29-12 07:55 AM
    rroyy: thank you.
    rroyy likes this.
    03-29-12 08:53 AM
    Site is back BUT please check this before: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7275121
    Tesekkur ederim.
    rroyy likes this.
    03-29-12 10:22 AM
    Wow, you people clearly have NO CLUE how EASY it is to make an OTA.
    I appreciate that rroyy does it, but anyone with half a brain can create an OTA and host it once they have the .cods, and getting those is freaking easy too.
    OniBerry, middbrew and joski like this.
    03-30-12 12:26 AM
    Btw rroyy links are back
    edthebudman likes this.
    03-30-12 12:49 AM
    I see that the site is back online!
    03-30-12 06:51 AM
    It is back up, and other sites (such as BBH-Plus Forums - BBH-Plus.net OTA Downloads) are up too, and they don't beg donations, take their site down because they're angry at the world, claim ownership of RIM's apps, or put "follow me on twitter" in the app description.

OpenSourceBB is also going to host a most recent OTA page, as soon as the contributors are slightly less busy with school and work.
    Deathcommand, middbrew and joski like this.
    03-30-12 09:48 AM
    Its not about paying him FOR the app, its about toss him a little consideration for his effort in making your bb/pb experience pleasureable.

You still tip your server even though they didn't make your food. Same thing here - I never donate to free apps or podcasts and stuff but this is one where, baring a return, I'm willing to toss a little $ his way.
    You know what, you are right. So, I tip my server 20% of the bill, therefore I will make sure to tip rroyy 20% of the cost of the bridge app. Everyone should be happy with that, right?
    middbrew likes this.
    04-05-12 08:34 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD