View Poll Results: Is it feminine for a man to wear a rope belt?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • If it's a decorative rope than yes.

0 0%
  • If it's not decorative, but just regular rope from a hardware store than no.

3 75.00%
  • It depends on the outfit.

0 0%
  • All rope belts of any kind are feminine.

1 25.00%
    Sometimes my belt starts to tear and after a while I'll have to get a new one. I was thinking of using a rope instead of a belt. It seems like a good idea to me because rope is less likely to tear. It's cheaper than a belt. I could make 40 rope belts for the price of one regular belt.

I told my brother of my idea and he implied that it would be gay because women wear rope belts. I've never heard of women wearing rope belts until now. After a google search I learned that women do wear rope belts indeed.

It's not my intent to dress like a woman. I'm just trying to be practical. I would use a single piece of rope and simply tie it in a knot.

So is it feminine for a man to wear a rope belt? I mean, it wouldn't be a decorative rope belt like the kind that women wear. It'll just be regular rope that can be bought at a hardware store.
    06-20-11 06:08 PM
    I'd say the rope belt is a unisex thing.

06-20-11 08:11 PM
    I don't feel the need to give into the culture of modern consumerism. What advantages are there to buying a belt compared to a cheaper yet multifunctional rope?

It's like the movie, Fight Club. They want you to keep spending and spending until you're in constant debt. The national deficit(USA) is outrageous. Social Security is going bankrupt. But what does the government do? They spend even more. It's not sustainable. Look what's happening in Greece. All of this debt is only good for the bankers because they're racking in the interest. The bailout is the icing on the cake. They mess up and the central bank bails them out with taxpayer's money. It's funny how the Federal Reserve Bank is responsible to all of it's share holders except the government.
    06-21-11 12:36 AM
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title.

Jed, Jed, there's a opossum in the cement pond.

I'd say the rope belt is a unisex thing.

06-21-11 06:39 AM
    Just because it looks good on Jethro, don't mean it'll look good on you! Check out Bass (yea the shoe place) they are always running specials on belts. Some of the department stores run specials too, like JC Penny & Boscov's for example.

PS It don't really look all that good on Jethro either! Now Elle May is another story!
    06-21-11 08:33 AM
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title.
    +1.....i think the only that that could differentiate the rope belts masculinity is the type of knot you'd use.
    06-21-11 08:39 AM
    +1.....i think the only that that could differentiate the rope belts masculinity is the type of knot you'd use.
    Us computer geeks use a "square" knot.
    06-21-11 08:57 AM
    Rope belt for me?

Frayed knot.
    06-21-11 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD