As most know by now, Tim Russert, the NBC Washington Bureau Chief and moderator of "Meet the Press" died unexpectedly Friday at the age of 58 of a suspected heart attack.

A loving father, best selling author, dedicated journalist and network Vice President, Russert was the gold standard of his profession. His family was out of the country at the time of his Washington death.

The analysis of the fall Presidential campaign will perhaps ring hollow without his insight. Most analysis does, but his carried weight. We'll miss you Tim.
    06-13-08 09:14 PM
    I just found out about this about an hour ago. Very sad.
    The man was one of the best at his craft, and Sunday
    mornings just won't be the same, without him.

Prayers to his family, friends an colleagues.
    06-13-08 09:16 PM
    RIP, I got chills when I saw the newscast today....
    06-13-08 09:16 PM
    RIP Tim Russert.
    It's going to be so sad when Wolf Blitzer dies.
    06-13-08 09:18 PM
    Tim was great to watch. Following the election will not be the same without him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 09:23 PM
    Gone far too soon.

I can't even begin to count the number of podcasts of "Meet the Press" I would listen to on Monday mornings on the way in to work in order to get my political fix. I came to count on Russert as the host who held the feet of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike to the fire in the quest for truth. If you said it, he had a record of it and made you explain what you meant by it. He was neither rude nor abrasive, but polite and tactful. For me, he made politics palatable and fun.

In this day and age of the Keith Olbermans and Bill O'Reillys of the airwaves, Russert let the the viewer draw his or her own conclusions regarding the words and actions of our politicians. He will definitely be missed.
    06-13-08 10:07 PM
    If you said it, he had a record of it and made you explain what you meant by it.
    True. I just watched an interview with former Secretary of State Madeline Albright. She told a story about how she went on MTP and Tim Russert challenged her on a few of her statements.

She said when she got back to her office, someone asked her how'd it go and she said, "you won't believe it but Tim had me debating myself"

That's one of the reasons he was the best.
    06-13-08 10:17 PM
    Yes, very sad.
    06-14-08 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD