I can't help but feel sad with his passing. I grew up watching his films. Sad he couldn't find a reason to live.

via Q10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-13-14 11:20 AM
    Interesting analysis of his life and circumstances that may have led up to his tragic end. What do you all think?

anon721037 likes this.
    08-13-14 03:51 PM
    Aside of his talent, he was a very generous man in real life. I had read several sites. Regular folks who had chance encountered with him benefited from his generosity. He never mention his numerous tour of duty with the troops overseas. He paid for his former roommate Christopher Reeve medical expenses when his insurance coverage was maxed during the horrid incident that left him paralyzed. A lot of good stories like this start to emerge as people recounted their experience with the actor. He was a bike enthusiast. Aside from getting Conan O Brian one to cheer him up. A few regular folks got gifted with bikes at the chance encounter with him. Never show up with an entourage and keeping a low profile no matter where he is at.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and anon721037 like this.
    08-13-14 05:15 PM
    I actually know a couple of people who worked with him in some capacity (i.e. more than casual acquaintances), and they regard him with a lot of affection.

I live in the Yukon Territory, a pretty remote part of Canada. He made a movie here about 10 years ago with Woody Harrelson and Holly Hunter called "The Big White". One night he entered a local restaurant for dinner and a nearby table was celebrating a birthday. Someone from the party asked Williams to sign the card, and he did one better by visiting the table and spending a half hour or so visiting.

People would invite him to their houses for dinner and he frequently accepted. Both he and Harrelson socialized a lot while they were here. I, with my luck, was working out of town while all of this was going on and so I missed out.

"The Big White" wound up getting released in 2005 to pretty much no response at all. It was something of a "Fargo" rip-off, but it actually did have some good laughs. Worth seeking out...
    08-13-14 05:59 PM
    This is another good deed he did that save the television show Homicide not only to the numerous actors and writers and crew. The author David Simon subsequently went on to become the creator of HBO's The Wire. The domino effect of Robin Williams generosity does not stop.
    David Simon | Robin Williams: A brief encounter
    anon721037 and Thunderbuck like this.
    08-13-14 06:44 PM
    This is another good deed he did that save the television show Homicide not only to the numerous actors and writers and crew. The author David Simon subsequently went on to become the creator of HBO's The Wire. The domino effect of Robin Williams generosity does not stop.
    David Simon | Robin Williams: A brief encounter
    Thanks for posting that! Great anecdote!
    08-13-14 07:05 PM
    You will never know what someone else is going thru- especially one of the funniest comedians, to date. R.I.P., Robin......and thanks for the memories. I came very close to going thru this with my son. Still battles depression and Aspergers, but, he's still with us. Prayers going up for the Williams Family.
    08-13-14 07:32 PM
    You will never know what someone else is going thru- especially one of the funniest comedians, to date. R.I.P., Robin......and thanks for the memories. I came very close to going thru this with my son. Still battles depression and Aspergers, but, he's still with us. Prayers going up for the Williams Family.
    I agree, totally.

how old is your son.
    08-13-14 07:43 PM
    I agree, totally.

how old is your son.
    He's 18. He was bullied in the 7th and 8th grade and never said a word....because the kids told him it would get worse for snitching. When he was a freshman in high school, we found out thru a counselor, after he decided he was tired of living. Moved to a new city, better school system, and he did graduate. He still battles depression. The best way to describe it's like an endless roller-coaster on top of the Asperger. So, I can imagine what Robin was going thru at his age , playing numerous characters, and the internal pressure he placed upon himself.
    08-13-14 08:45 PM
    He's 18. He was bullied in the 7th and 8th grade and never said a word....because the kids told him it would get worse for snitching. When he was a freshman in high school, we found out thru a counselor, after he decided he was tired of living. Moved to a new city, better school system, and he did graduate. He still battles depression. The best way to describe it's like an endless roller-coaster on top of the Asperger. So, I can imagine what Robin was going thru at his age , playing numerous characters, and the internal pressure he placed upon himself.
    Well its great that he is doing good, i'm sure he is very special as most kids are.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-13-14 08:54 PM
    I think the most important that he is able to reach out. To anyone. It must be very challenging for any parent and love ones such as yourself to constantly monitoring and looking for signs.
    anon721037 and Blacklatino like this.
    08-13-14 09:06 PM
    Well its great that he is doing good, i'm sure he is very special as most kids are.
    I think the most important that he is able to reach out. To anyone. It must be very challenging for any parent and love ones such as yourself to constantly monitoring and looking for signs.
    I help with a lot of anti-bullying projects, fun raisers to help others. I monitor him daily. Very intelligent and a good kid. Eventually, I'll get him into online courses....for starters. He has panick attacks in large crowds. So, no hurry. Hell he's earned a break. My apologies, MODs. This is about Robin. I tend to plug anti-bullying whenever I can under the circumstances. Again, apologies.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-13-14 at 10:45 PM.
    08-13-14 10:12 PM
    No apologies necessary Blacklatino. There is nothing more important in life than family.
    08-14-14 01:18 AM
    No apologies necessary Blacklatino. There is nothing more important in life than family.
    I would go farther and say a healthy relationship with family. Just because someones family doesn't necessarily make them important.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 01:23 AM
    It's sad he find no reason to live.

via Q10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 04:22 AM
    Thanks. I agree, family is very important. I give him his space, but, I make sure he knows the communication door is wide open.
    08-14-14 07:08 AM
    08-14-14 04:58 PM
    Now the wife revealed Robin had first stage Parkinson disease. You have to wonder how much more can one handled of life crisis.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 05:01 PM
    Yeah, that is bizarre about the episode. I know he was in a new comedy series that didn't do so well. Like anything else, when you're on top everyone loves you, but,......
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-15-14 at 08:29 AM.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 05:16 PM
    Loved all his movies. It not every day that a comic can make the transition to different genres and succeed.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:19 PM
    Here's one of many of his guest role.
    08-14-14 09:32 PM
    Loved all his movies. It not every day that a comic can make the transition to different genres and succeed.

Posted via CB10
    That's true. He was a great comedian and humanitarian.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 09:33 PM
    Amazing actor god rest his soul in peace.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 05:27 AM
98 ... 234