Comedian-actor George Carlin died of heart failure Sunday in Los Angeles. He was 71. I'll never forget one of his classic bits, "The Seven Worlds You Can Never Say on Television." He hosted the very first Saturday Night Live in 1975.

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies - CNN.com

Sad to see you go George, but your comedic wit will live forever.
    06-23-08 07:09 AM
    I will really miss the guy! No matter how many times I watch one of his routines I'm still rofl!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 07:12 AM
    The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends.

I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.

George Carlin
    06-23-08 07:22 AM
    Yea I was just abt to post this! I can't believe that he has died...

06-23-08 08:08 AM
    Just saw it on CNN and was about to post a link.

The man was a genius and an American treasure
    06-23-08 09:00 AM
    so sad!! tim russert now this.
    06-23-08 09:07 AM
    Does anyone remember that George did some TV appearances? Here's a trivia question. What television show did George appear on as a disc jockey, who when one of the characters turned a dial and took the station off the air, said this classic line, "Touch that again, and I can really get into breaking your fingers!".
    06-23-08 09:21 AM
    He will be missed, my fav comedian... I learned sarcasm as a second language from him.

Luigi
    06-23-08 10:26 AM
    So f#*king sad. RIP.
    06-23-08 11:18 AM
    Happy trails, George...you'll be missed...
    06-23-08 04:28 PM
    Breaks my heart :|

He will definitely be missed.
    06-23-08 07:56 PM
    RIP George! You will be missed. You will be making us laugh for a long time to come even though you are gone. Your legend will live on.

06-23-08 07:59 PM
    This guy was amazing i just watched his newest hbo special a few days ago
    06-23-08 08:02 PM
    Does anyone remember that George did some TV appearances? Here's a trivia question. What television show did George appear on as a disc jockey, who when one of the characters turned a dial and took the station off the air, said this classic line, "Touch that again, and I can really get into breaking your fingers!".
    I think we're gonna need a little hint! It' couldn't have been WKRP in Cincinnati," right?
    06-23-08 08:41 PM
    06-23-08 08:52 PM
    Been listening to youtube videos all day at work. That man was a genius and much of what he said, 30+ years ago still applies.

Open your eyes people, history repeats itself.

Luigi
    Last edited by inkwell; 06-24-08 at 03:49 PM.
    06-24-08 03:45 PM
    He was a legend & will be surely missed.

The world's gonna be a lot less funnier..
    06-24-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD