Hello everyone. This is my first meeting.

I am understood it is customary for newcomers to tell their story, so here goes.

My Bold died today.

It had a short lived life, only in my hands for 8 months. Oh, it had the life. Sleeping by my side every night, on its little PowerMat bed. Waking up to the touch of my thumbs. It helped me through school like any best friend would. It went through break ups, get togethers. It was an extension of my body.

It all started at a pool party. Im sure you know where this is going...

I was sitting quietly by the pool reading a book on my PlayBook. Then my mom called out for a pool noodle. I went to get her one, leaning over the pool to hand it to her. Unaware to me, my beloved Berry had fallen out of my chest pocket into the pool. Im sure it had good intentions of showing me how well it could swim. However, it hadn't taken many lessons. I walked quietly back to my chair to continue reading, when i tapped my chest in search of my Berry. It was not there. In a panic, I frantically searched my seat for it. Not there. I searched the bar. Not there. I looked i to the pool, and in horror i noticed my Berry sitting at the bottom of the deep end.

It took me a moment to comprehend my Bold was drowning at the bottom of a pool. Once the fact hit me, i instinctively jumped into the pool to save it. I took the battery cover off, and removed the battery itself. This was in a effort to save my Berry. I took it to the counter and dried it off. Then put it strait into a bag of rice. It has been there for the past 44 hrs. Just now, i decided it was time to try it out, see if it survived. As soon as i put the battery into the device, a strong light came from the LED. i flipped my Bold over, to see no red power light, no Blackberry progress bar, no home screen.

I don't know how i am to survive after this horrible turn of events. That is why i am here telling you all my story.

My name is Robert, and i lost my Blackberry Bold on July 31st.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-02-11 03:03 PM
    Your bold would want you to get another right away. Watch the new litter of BB's closely and choose which is right for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 10:08 AM
    my regards to a fallen blackberry! BTW whats a pool noodle?
    hmm maybe the blackberry gods will resurrect your bb if u let it dry completely for like a week or so! hope it works after a week of natural drying!
    08-07-11 12:45 PM

Here is a pool noodle(well 2 noodles )
    08-09-11 12:51 AM
    Your bold would want you to get another right away. Watch the new litter of BB's closely and choose which is right for you.
    I replaced my bold with a Curve 8330. Oh, what a difference. I have been watching closely the new batch of fresh berries, and I am really liking the Bold 9900.

my regards to a fallen blackberry! BTW whats a pool noodle?
    hmm maybe the blackberry gods will resurrect your bb if u let it dry completely for like a week or so! hope it works after a week of natural drying!
    Thank you. And God, do I hope so. I am praying to the Gods that my Bold is alive when I get back home.
    08-09-11 03:14 AM

Here is a pool noodle(well 2 noodles )
    I see three.
    08-09-11 03:16 AM
    I feel for you man. R.I.P but I am pretty sure your berry wants you to get a new one, could reincarnate itself and live forever in your new Blackberries!
    08-10-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD