Katie-Katie-Katie- you are here again?????? Can't you just go play with your Nexus? Whenever there is anything negative about RIM, you are sure to be there with your 2 cents. (And we all know what 2 cents is worth). Cha-ching.
    I own a myriad of rim devices, sorry but I think I don't think your opinion is worth any more than mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 09:35 PM
    Those sound like fighting words ...

08-19-11 09:40 PM
    Good thing HP is getting out of the BIZ, or is HP the one buying out RIM??!!! LoL

A good reason to dump WebOS!
    08-19-11 10:46 PM
    I see nothing wrong with governments looking out for the general welfare of their people. America has been trashed by the free-traitors. Manufacturing is largely gone, and we're left with gyms, tanning salons, Starbucks, cell phone carriers, and of course, our biggest industry, war.

Your comment is disgusting...

It hints that you have no clue about how economics work, what government intervention does, what is has done already, and even more so with the healthcare that is -tentatively- going to be rammed down taxpayers throats.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you stay in the US. If you don't like it, why don't you move to China. I'm sure you'll appreciate how things are run over there.
    08-20-11 03:02 AM
    Your comment is disgusting...

It hints that you have no clue about how economics work, what government intervention does, what is has done already, and even more so with the healthcare that is -tentatively- going to be rammed down taxpayers throats.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you stay in the US. If you don't like it, why don't you move to China. I'm sure you'll appreciate how things are run over there.
    Do you always have a kneejerk (i.e. emotional) reaction when someone says something you don't understand? What's wrong (un-American or untrue) with what I said? Let's take an intellectually honest look at it.

"I see nothing wrong with governments looking out for the general welfare of their people." (me)

Yes, promoting the general welfare is mentioned right in the preamble to America's Constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

How did the Framers envision protecting America's economy and the general welfare of its people? With constitutional taxes on imports, the duties, tarriffs, and imposts mentioned in the Constitution. How have the free-traitors trashed America? By circumventing those protectionist measures and implementing "free trade" "agreements" like NAFTA, CAFTA, and MFN status for China. These schemes have allowed them to set up shop in places like Mexico, Central America, and China, to import things tax free, and to pocket the money that would ordinarily uphold the living standards of American workers. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with a nation like Canada looking out for the general welfare of its people by blocking the sale (to foreign interests) of a company so valuable (on many levels) as RIM is to its (Canada's) people. In America, doing so is even constitutional. Too bad our corporate/politician criminal class has gotten away with doing the opposite.

"America has been trashed by the free-traitors. Manufacturing is largely gone, and we're left with gyms, tanning salons, Starbucks, cell phone carriers, and of course, our biggest industry, war." (me)

What's disgusting is that because of the free-traitors' machinations, the bulk of the American people are absolutely without a real economy. Cottage industries like tanning salons and Starbucks are great, but they can't exist by themselves forever without real wealth production. Traditionally, in America, that has been manufacturing and agriculture -- the production of things we need to survive -- not blowing dotcom and housing bubbles, telemarketing, spamming, and engaging in various financial antics like debt-buying. (What else is there to do when the steel mill shuts down? Work at the call center! But even a lot of that's getting exported.) Some of it is the result of subversion, but most of this is directly the fault of the American people for being asleep at the wheel.

Despite the free-traitors assertions, America's Framers did not establish a laissez-faire capitalist system where anything goes. They set up an American system which consists of capitalism, held in check by government regulation, so that it can be reeled in when it starts to fly in the face of the people and hurt the general welfare. I didn't mention healthcare, but yes, war makes money for a lot of people. It's our biggest export. That doesn't make it right.
    Last edited by T�nis; 08-20-11 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Changed the word "providing" to "promoting" -- for accuracy and clarity.
    08-20-11 05:05 AM
    Do you always have a kneejerk (i.e. emotional) reaction when someone says something you don't understand? What's wrong (un-American or untrue) with what I said? Let's take an intellectually honest look at it.

^Yes kneejerk, my apologies.

"I see nothing wrong with governments looking out for the general welfare of their people." (me)

Yes, promoting the general welfare is mentioned right in the preamble to America's Constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

How did the Framers envision protecting America's economy and the general welfare of its people? With constitutional taxes on imports, the duties, tarriffs, and imposts mentioned in the Constitution. How have the free-traitors trashed America? By circumventing those protectionist measures and implementing "free trade" "agreements" like NAFTA, CAFTA, and MFN status for China. These schemes have allowed them to set up shop in places like Mexico, Central America, and China, to import things tax free, and to pocket the money that would ordinarily uphold the living standards of American workers. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with a nation like Canada looking out for the general welfare of its people by blocking the sale (to foreign interests) of a company so valuable (on many levels) as RIM is to its (Canada's) people. In America, doing so is even constitutional. Too bad our corporate/politician criminal class has gotten away with doing the opposite.

"America has been trashed by the free-traitors. Manufacturing is largely gone, and we're left with gyms, tanning salons, Starbucks, cell phone carriers, and of course, our biggest industry, war." (me)

What's disgusting is that because of the free-traitors' machinations, the bulk of the American people are absolutely without a real economy. Cottage industries like tanning salons and Starbucks are great, but they can't exist by themselves forever without real wealth production. Traditionally, in America, that has been manufacturing and agriculture -- the production of things we need to survive -- not blowing dotcom and housing bubbles, telemarketing, spamming, and engaging in various financial antics like debt-buying. (What else is there to do when the steel mill shuts down? Work at the call center! But even a lot of that's getting exported.) Some of it is the result of subversion, but most of this is directly the fault of the American people for being asleep at the wheel.

Despite the free-traitors assertions, America's Framers did not establish a laissez-faire capitalist system where anything goes. They set up an American system which consists of capitalism, held in check by government regulation, so that it can be reeled in when it starts to fly in the face of the people and hurt the general welfare. I didn't mention healthcare, but yes, war makes money for a lot of people. It's our biggest export. That doesn't make it right.
    Sigh, I feel we may be on the same page but I didn't get that from your post.

What I don't think is in our best interest is having government run services, ie: USPS. The government has had how long to get it right yet it still runs deep in the red.

How long have we had Amtrack, yet it still runs deep in the red.

Government is the problem, not the solution. Unfortunately we are already on the slippery slope where society is screaming for the government to run everything.

Once that happens, you can't go back, you have no other options, you have no place to take your grievances to. Look at the heatlhcare, how long do people have to wait to get treated in countries with socialized health care provided via government. Why do others come here for medical treatment(excluding cost from this)?

In countries with socialized medicine, if you don't agree with the care you are receiving, tough sh!t, take it or leave it as you have no other choice. At least currently, people can tell the doctor to shove it and get seen by another provider, or select a different insurance company.

As far as war goes, yup makes lots of money for lots of different industries, no argument against that(not that I am/or trying to argue).

All in all, I think we may be on the same page, just different paragraphs perhaps...
    Last edited by mrrsquared79; 08-22-11 at 01:39 AM.
    08-22-11 01:33 AM
    IF Someone was to buy RIM I Don't think it would be a biggie like google or apple etc. but someone who we know but not for mobiles amazon, mozilla, etc.

if i buy depends on who bought it if apple bought it NO if google bought YEs if Windows Bought it NO if mozilla bought it YES
    08-25-11 08:54 AM
    IF Someone was to buy RIM I Don't think it would be a biggie like google or apple etc. but someone who we know but not for mobiles amazon, mozilla, etc.

if i buy depends on who bought it if apple bought it NO if google bought YEs if Windows Bought it NO if mozilla bought it YES
    If rim was to be sold then I'm not gonna get another bb as it'll be crap knowing the somneone else owns it.

08-30-11 03:33 AM
    Jim and Mike would deserve a takeover cause of there disability to recognize the signs of the market just in time... but no BlackBerry-User/owner earns this kind of punishment...
    09-09-11 05:52 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD