For example - all of them run on a single-core processor while the market has moved on to dual-core processors.

Ultimate reasoning fail
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-19-11 08:36 AM
    If QNX fails on phones then RIM as we know it is gone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

When QNX succeeds on phones RIM as we know it is gone!
    08-19-11 08:42 AM
    I'm boycotting Google. I hope everyone else does, too!

I want to, I really do.

BUT unfortunately BING sucks on mobile, I use it on my computer but the formatting, and the search results are just not as good on the BlackBerry as they are on the desktop.

also I pay for my google email, and right now they are the best for my main personal email, if/when microsoft makes a better Webmail client I'll move to them as my primary.
    08-19-11 08:45 AM
    Someone here recommended the DuckDuckGo search engine. I tried it, and it's terrific even on the mobile. Sometimes I use yahoo and bing on the phone and laptop, but I'm getting away from those, too.

08-19-11 08:51 AM
    Why do people STILL post this media garbage? What is the percentage of smartphones on the market with dual-core phones? What about international sales? This article is propaganda at its finest. There is more fiction in this article that in Harry Potter.

Nobody that can afford RIM will buy them...

The Canadian government won't approve it, Mike and Jim will say "NAY", the premium will be HUGE and no company is the perfect fit. There are many cheaper companies out there to buy which have lots of patents too.
    08-19-11 10:02 AM
    Htc Blackberry please , eww to a googleberry

08-19-11 11:34 AM
    Off topic but like the OP's title, the RIM-puns are starting to get RIMdiculous.

Had to, sorry.
    08-19-11 12:40 PM
    My guess is HP. I think that could be why HP has stopped production of it's own line of smartphones and tablets.............putting their money into getting RIM? Just my opinion.
    08-19-11 01:11 PM
    Put a lot of weight behind a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch dontcha? One small step above tabloid journalism.
    As I stated there are MANY more publications running similar stories, investors are saying the same thing. Whether you like the wsj or not the simple fact is their stock went up because of the reasons cited in the article, which I bet you didn't read

08-19-11 02:43 PM
    Publications? You mean BGR?
    08-19-11 02:48 PM
    ... Unless they have a valid legal reason they cannot stop a free-market transaction such as this from occuring ...
    It's called the force of government, and yes, it can stop a transaction from happening; it can even void a transaction that has happened. We are not yet in the laissez-faire paradise the free-traitors dream about.
    08-19-11 02:51 PM
    It's called the force of government, and yes, it can stop a transaction from happening; it can even void a transaction that has happened. We are not yet in the laissez-faire paradise the free-traitors dream about.
    if things get to a point where the company doesn't think it can sustain profit, nobody will stop an aquisition, that would be like burning money
    08-19-11 02:56 PM
    if things get to a point where the company doesn't think it can sustain profit, nobody will stop an aquisition, that would be like burning money
    Katie, Katie, Katie ... What part of "the force of government" do you not understand? You presume government will care about the money. It might have nothing to do with the money or "burning it."
    Last edited by T�nis; 08-19-11 at 03:19 PM.
    08-19-11 03:16 PM
    Katie, Katie, Katie ... What part of "the force of government" do you not understand? You presume government will care about the money. It might have nothing to do with the money or "burning it."
    so if the CEO's and stockholders and board members want to sell, you're telling me the canadian government are going to say "nope, you're not selling, you're going to lose it all without a chance to leave with anything, sorry, no money for you" ?
    08-19-11 03:21 PM
    so if the CEO's and stockholders and board members want to sell, you're telling me the canadian government are going to say "nope, you're not selling, you're going to lose it all without a chance to leave with anything, sorry, no money for you" ?
    Absolutely. If it has to do with national security or selling to foreigners like Google or to Chinese interests. And anyway, no one will "lose it all." That's a bit melodramatic, don't you think?
    08-19-11 03:26 PM
    Absolutely. If it has to do with national security or selling to foreigners like Google or to Chinese interests.
    glad i'm not canadian then, i can't imagine the government making decisions that purposefully hurt their citizens and private companies for spite.
    08-19-11 03:27 PM
    National security is "for spite"? Don't be silly ...
    08-19-11 03:29 PM
    National security is "for spite"? Don't be silly ...
    i don't really see the reason why you constantly pick fights around here, but i'm not being silly, it would be absurd for the canadian government to refuse to let RIM make money from an acquisition if it can't do so on it's own.
    08-19-11 03:33 PM
    i don't really see the reason why you constantly pick fights around here, but i'm not being silly, it would be absurd for the canadian government to refuse to let RIM make money from an acquisition if it can't do so on it's own.
    Ah, start accusing me of "picking fights." You're laughable, Katie. You might think it's absurd that the American government prohibits you from doing business with Cuba or selling weapons to a whole host of governments -- I mean, after all, it's your money -- but your government will forcefully disagree.
    08-19-11 03:36 PM
    Ah, start accusing me of "picking fights." You're laughable, Katie. You might think it's absurd that the American government prohibits you from doing business with Cuba or selling weapons to a whole host of governments -- I mean, after all, it's your money -- but your government will forcefully disagree.
    i don't think selling intellectual property is comparable to the sale of weapons to a hostile nation.
    08-19-11 03:38 PM
    i don't think selling intellectual property is comparable to the sale of weapons to a hostile nation.
    So, selling the technology for the weapons (the intellectual property) would be okay?
    08-19-11 03:40 PM
    Katie-Katie-Katie- you are here again?????? Can't you just go play with your Nexus? Whenever there is anything negative about RIM, you are sure to be there with your 2 cents. (And we all know what 2 cents is worth). Cha-ching.
    08-19-11 08:07 PM
    The canadian government restricts the sale of a company if it doesn't provide a net benefit to Canada. It may sound like Canada is restricting freedoms from an american point of view, and it is. But thats the way it goes when youre an economically small country beside a giant. You can't have all these american and chinese companies buying out all our companies as canadians could be taken advantage of with a more powerful country running important businesses. They could just decide that all the jobs should be moved out of Canada, and many of us would be screwed.

maddie1128 likes this.
    08-19-11 08:21 PM
    The canadian government restricts the sale of a company if it doesn't provide a net benefit to Canada. It may sound like Canada is restricting freedoms from an american point of view, and it is. But thats the way it goes when youre an economically small country beside a giant. You can't have all these american and chinese companies buying out all our companies as canadians could be taken advantage of with a more powerful country running important businesses. They could just decide that all the jobs should be moved out of Canada, and many of us would be screwed.

I see nothing wrong with governments looking out for the general welfare of their people. America has been trashed by the free-traitors. Manufacturing is largely gone, and we're left with gyms, tanning salons, Starbucks, cell phone carriers, and of course, our biggest industry, war.

maddie1128 likes this.
    08-19-11 09:00 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD