Considering how badass Blackberry's are and how long RIM has been putting them out while all along beating the competition to a pulp (did I say Paaaaalmmmm?[NO]), don't you think maybe they should give it a crack at the notebook/netbook game?

I mean, HONESTLY, I only use Apple for their computers. If they can come out with an iPod (Mobile hard drive with headphones) that's a phone and every DUMBASS would buy one, what do you think would happen if RIM came out with a personal computer of sorts? Just Imagine the following, the market share and the excitement. Even if just rumored!

Oh, you're asking me what I think would happen?

OK...

Well, for starters, Apple would $H!T themselves and I would more than likely be buying a RIM computer and leaving the CRAPTASTIC CORPORATION APPLE HAS BECOME ALL OVER AGAIN for a RIM computer.

Sell ALL of MY APPLE gear to the 12 year kid Johnny from down the street (He's APPLE'S BIGGEST fan as of late, not to mention like EVERY KID out there these days [which might turn into FUTURE dollars for Apple, that is, if these kids stop playing around on their iPhones and iPods and actually learn something in school let alone finish school, so they can get a job to buy Apple products]), cause HIS MOM would pay anything to keep her son Johnny QUIET.

Also, I must say, I have been an Apple COMPUTER loyalist for MANY MANY YEARS and am tired of how the CORPORATE COMPLEX way of doing business here in America has gotten too Apple and is destroying it from within.

Yeah, I like to keep it simple.

...just my $0.02, as if it matters...

PS:
    You think I'm bad, you should hear from the parents of JOHNNY(S) all over America
    Last edited by ennTOXX; 05-27-09 at 12:31 PM.
    05-27-09 12:20 PM
    I didn't read your whole post...sorry it got unbearable.

You're idea however isn't a bad one...but a tough one...Rim has never tried to break into the full OS market. Sure RIM could make hardware that runs an existing OS...but that wouldn't really do much. They would have to develop an operating system to go along with it...and while I love the blackberry OS...a larger full computer OS version would really not work at all. Not to mention there would be absolutely no compatibility with any commercial programs. It would probably end up similar to Linux...there are a handful of really diehard users...but the rest of us just ignore it because it won't run BB Desktop or Photoshop or (name any other of the hundreds of apps that won't work)

Good idea...I just don't see it happening.
    05-27-09 12:34 PM
    Hmm...I think I'd rather them putting the huge amount of effort that would take into making a Berry as powerful as a notebook
    05-27-09 12:43 PM
    Hmm...I think I'd rather them putting the huge amount of effort that would take into making a Berry as powerful as a notebook
    Agreed. There are so many players in the netbook/notebook market that it's pointless. Everything runs Intel or AMD now and one of three OS's. There is no real point trying to compete in a market that is already being run flat by bigger companies.

Better BB's are a must! And once a very high capacity power module is created we'll see mobiles take over the netbook market. Why carry something so large when your BB can do everything a PC can?
    05-27-09 12:49 PM
    +1 for this idea...

That would be incredible.
    05-27-09 12:50 PM
    it would probably need to be almost as big as a notebook/netbook
    05-27-09 01:00 PM
    They are working on so many devices right now, we'll see how they can launch so many at once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:05 PM
    RIM droppin a notebook!!! That's a good *** idea....I would def jump on that because I'm sure the specs would be splindiferous!!!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:12 PM
    They should keep the bberry form factor, but incorporate a big-*** screen that folds or rolls out.
    05-27-09 01:25 PM
    I would much rather see RIM come out with a DM for my damn macbook.
    05-27-09 01:42 PM
    They should keep the bberry form factor, but incorporate a big-*** screen that folds or rolls out.
    Power and processor are limiting factors for display, this won't happen anytime soon.
    05-27-09 02:00 PM
    I would much rather see RIM come out with a DM for my damn macbook.
    I would much rather that Macs didn't exist.
    05-27-09 02:06 PM
    I would much rather that Macs didn't exist.
    I would much rather punch you in the face!

oh but you might like that!
    05-27-09 02:11 PM
    I would much rather punch you in the face!

oh but you might like that!
    So would you because you'd like what I do to you after that.
    05-27-09 02:23 PM
    Honestly, No.

RIM gets away with too much now, locking default browsers and maps to name a few.

The biggest problem would be cost.

The netbook market is pretty full right now. There is really no more room for anyone there.

If the os did not match or beat Windows, then it is pointless. RIM could never meet the price of asus.

There is just not a market. This is why apple is staying out of the market.

They would only get a small margin of the market. And out of that margin, people would just simply go with what they know, windows.

Even if windows does not shoot itself in the foot with windows 7 for netbooks, it is going to have a very hard time competing with linux.
    05-28-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD