View Poll Results: What Do You Think?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is RIM getting over

2 66.67%
  • No RIM isn't they're bringing quality hardware & software

1 33.33%
    I mean just think about this. RIM has re-released the Storm with essentially the same model while saving money to re-use parts, and throw in a new screen design. Next they did the same exact thing with the Tour series just gave it a new name a boost in on board memory and more app space (for that awesome app store). Finally they're doing it gain with the 9780. The funny part of it all is RIM fans are goingnuts for these re-released devices like they are brand spanking new. Honestly i can only applaud RIM, and Apple as well who did the same with the 3G, and 3Gs series. I wonder how long can RIM keep this up and remain successful. If i were them i would keep doing it until people notice (well the fans notice). And this isn't a bash at all i honestly think its good business, but 'm seriously wondering how long will they be able to keep it up.
    11-08-10 01:38 PM
    Once QNX is released it will be a different story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 01:53 PM
    What do you mean by that?
    11-08-10 03:46 PM
    CrackBerry Genius
    Device Model: EVO 4G On Steriods 2600mAh Extended Battery
    Carrier: --
    PIN: LiveProfile - LPO5CRJM
    I get soooo tired of that.
    Yes, RIM hasn't had the best specs. But looking ahead to the PlayBook and anticipating the integration of QNX, RIM is far from out of the game.
    11-08-10 07:03 PM
    I get soooo tired of that.
    Yes, RIM hasn't had the best specs. But looking ahead to the PlayBook and anticipating the integration of QNX, RIM is far from out of the game.
    What do you get so tired of?

And yea as far as QNX I can't wait to see what they bring to the table as well.
    11-08-10 07:25 PM
    Evo people bashing on RIM; we know you prefer the Evo, that's why you got it; some of us prefer our BlackBerry, and that's why we got it

11-08-10 07:28 PM
    here is my pin number, 3211A89A, I ALSO OWN BLACKBERRY, I just don't advertise it because it a work phone hit me up if you want to check for yourself. I posted this in the off-topic section to avoid silly arguments, and so people wouldn't be rewarded for their post just to be obnoxious. So please refrain from starting a blackberry versus whatever other platform argument. As you have noticed i didn't compare RIM to anyone but itself relax, and appluaded them for making money the way they are. I think i even mention Apple for doing it as well. Your input on where they are going was valued, but don't go thinking i posted to start an argument just because i own an Evo. Don't assume!!!
    11-08-10 07:35 PM
    My apologies, I misassumed your intent
    Is your work berry on Verizon or Sprint?
    There's just so many BlackBerry bashing threads that I assumed you meant this to be one. Glad to see it's not.

11-08-10 07:38 PM
    In general, any smart/phone maker re-releases old technology as new to get at our pocketbooks, cash, credit or wallets. Nothing can be done to stop them, just keep an eye on each old or "new" (re-re-re-)released device's specs until it reaches the sweet spot for what you want.

11-08-10 07:42 PM
    My apologies, I misassumed your intent
    Is your work berry on Verizon or Sprint?
    There's just so many BlackBerry bashing threads that I assumed you meant this to be one. Glad to see it's not.

I use the Blackberry 8330, on Sprint which freaking sucks (for lack of a better word). It's a dated blackberry but is what i was issued, and i don't feel like wasting my own money to grab a Bold although it would probably lessen my headache sometimes.
    11-08-10 07:45 PM
    You're right, there are several "refresh" models out there. What you failed to mention were the new innovations like the Torch and the Style. There's also the Pearl 3G which I think is a sufficient improvement to avoid the "refresh" label.

So on the one hand, I DO think RIM is coming up with some new stuff. Granted, the new offerings are not comparable to the latest Androids spec-wise. On the other hand, I don't think the "refresh" devices are targeted at current owners of the original devices. You'll notice these "refresh" phones have all come out about a year after the original. Since that vast majority of users are in a two (or three) year upgrade cycle, the new devices are probably aimed at owners of the last generation of phones.

Think of the Bold family. The original was the 9000. When the 9700 came out, those owners weren't ready for an upgrade. Now the 9780 is being released. It's not in the path for 9700 owners. But it's a great upgrade for the 9000 or any of the old Curves. Next year, when the first 9700's (and Storm 2's) are two years old I expect there to be a phone that is significantly better.
    11-08-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD