07-27-11 01:57 AM
39 12
tools
    theres too many cell phone operating systems and standards. the game will end just like windows linux and apple...

there will be only few dominating platforms others will be lost..
    for now the way things are going i can see blackberry beeing one of the platforms that cant be clear. since they entered a different game (regular/nonbusiness consumers) but are failing to adapt to their needs with the software.

and they might alienate buziness customers because the phones are getting cheaper and lower quality than they used to be.

android has a good start but next year is gonna be funky
    kaspersky lab already predicting "malicious apps" which is kinda shady since they make antivirus software... new market yeeeey. for them not for users..

apple - for babies and people with ADHD...(im an apple hater hardcore)

i think the raising popularity of android might actually shake up the rest of the cell phone world and make them get their **** together or kill off all the weak systems..
    12-18-09 10:16 AM
    This just in:
    Research in Motion, the maker of the Blackberry, reported better than expected earnings for its third quarter and offered a bright outlook for Q4, despite rumblings about heated competition in the smartphone space, as well as a widespread outage earlier today. Shares were up more than 12 percent in after-hours trading.
    According to the comScore chart (left), 51 percent of consumers eyeing smartphones next year plan to pick a Blackberry device, while 20 percent will grab an iPhone and 17 percent will go Android.
    comScore's management comes from the research field as opposed to the cell phone field so don't seem to have a preordained agenda.
    12-18-09 10:24 AM
    android is too new. nobody knows it yet. blackberry is using its name right now...
    because owning a blackberry is kinda like owning a lexus or mercedes even tho itsa 1995 mercedes that you bought for 1500.
    itsa name brand. people have an illusion that owning a big brand name things would make you somehow better or more attractive...maybe to same kind of people.

some people i know would buy a honda civic if it had a mercedes logo on it...
    i think next year will tell alot more then this end of year...
    12-18-09 10:42 AM
    the only company that is going to lose market share is palm and nokia not rim and as far as android being new and is going to take market share isnt that what palm was to do with web os and we all know what happend with that
    12-18-09 12:45 PM
    Regardless of numbers, market share and all of the above, this is exactly why RIM
    won't be having any incentive to improve their software anytime soon. Everyone
    has spoken with their wallets which is evident with their 3rd quarter numbers. I am
    shamefully included with those people that I speak of.

I've owned RIM (Nasdaq:RIMM) stock in the past, rougly about a year ago when
    they were hovering in the $37 range and dumped them at about fifty months later.
    Their market share will always be strong no matter what. But all these numbers
    don't exactly that great of a product anymore.
    12-18-09 12:51 PM
    Shouldn't this be in General Discussion?
    12-18-09 12:59 PM
    Nah otherwise all the cuckoo Blackberry addicts who have no idea about economics
    will chime in with their uninteresting and biased opinions.
    12-18-09 01:08 PM
    Fair enough, seems like common sense to me.

There are enough faithful Blackberry owners on this site alone to keep RIM in business for a long time.

They may not be the leader in smartphones forever but who cares? Unless you're a stockholder, it shouldn't make any difference.
    12-18-09 01:30 PM
    Man I wish I bought some stock... 58% increase and 75 million handsets sold. Kudos RIM... I have said it before and I will say it again. "I love RIM". This is the only place I feel safe saying such things. If I said this out on the street, I would fear a punch to the gut might ensue.
    12-18-09 01:43 PM
    This is considered off topic discussion?.........
    12-18-09 07:03 PM
    Congrats RIM. If you put out a new browser, and a new OS, your market share will increase even more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:10 PM
    Yea this will make some fanboys be quit until something new comes out again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 01:03 PM
    Way to go RIM! Just goes to show how dumb some people can be thinking Apple and Google android are going to hurt RIM not gonna happen!
    I miss these days.
    07-26-11 03:08 PM
    I wasn't a Blackberry fan in december 2009. At that time the 9700 and Strom2 were the flagship Blackberrys right?

What do you think happened from then to now?
    07-27-11 01:57 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD