You paid $1,150.00 for a Blackberry Phone?
    Lesson learnt for next time. Buy a cheaper phone from the UK if you run into these problems.

That way you will have a spare 500+ for a second if / when the problems arise.

Thanks for the OS leaks rroyy
    rroyy likes this.
    07-03-12 10:00 AM
    Lesson learnt for next time. Buy a cheaper phone from the UK if you run into these problems.

That way you will have a spare 500+ for a second if / when the problems arise.

Thanks for the OS leaks rroyy
    That's like saying that it's normal a BlackBerry would have issues and we always have to find the cheapest to get ready to pay for replacements?
    rroyy likes this.
    07-03-12 10:03 AM
    Would be interesting to see with the 75 millon plus how many actual service issues like this come up.... Rarely hear the good customer service stories... more negative.... wonder why RIM gets a bad rep..... Human nature to complain....

As for those who think Apple is better at service... I had to throw away my original Ipad as Apple Canada would not service it... as lengthy explanation as the OP so will not bother with details... I just accept from time to time god blesses us with lemons......
    07-03-12 10:10 AM
    That's like saying that it's normal a BlackBerry would have issues and we always have to find the cheapest to get ready to pay for replacements?
    Yeah they shouldn't break. Neither of mine have, well the first was my fault.

Its being cautious. And common sense, but I know what some of us are like. If we would like something we'd pay a premium to have it now rather than later.
    07-03-12 10:11 AM
    Got e-mail from CSO Customer Loyalty lets see what'll happen.
    07-03-12 10:34 AM
    Companies should learn but, in my long experience, they do not. People learn and then they leave the company. Their knowledge goes with them. If there is not a culture of customer service then the company and the customer loses out.

Please play the long game here. If you are associated with a legal firm then you know that angry demands rarely win the day in court. Be nice to RIM, be very nice when you are talking to them on the phone and by letter or email. Try hard to elevate your problem above the first or second level of support. These people have nearly zero latitude in their actions.

If you can explain in a nice light manner to a manager person then there is a very good chance that they will give you what you want. A new phone costs RIM some money but not a lot. However you need to get to someone who is allowed to make the decision.

I am very good at doing this and I rarely lose out when I get to customer service depts. The trick is never to statedemandsdemans early on. What you need is for them to suggest what you want. In short, you must guide them without them being aware of being guided. If you simply say "Gimme a new phone, or else." They will never do it. But if you say "I really love this phone. I am a loyal BlackBerry user, please can you help me." then you stand a chance. This needs to be done on a person to pbasisbaseis with every person.

Good luck.
    That is the technique I have always used and it has always worked quite well.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-03-12 11:43 AM
    Whatever you do, rroyy -- and I am grateful for all you've done for the CB community -- be sure you name Balsillie and Lazaridis individually in your lawsuit.
    How do we know you didn't drop this phone yourself?? Come on man... !! Like someone else wrote, why do you bother to waste your time writing such a negative story on here. You could have spent it walking your dog or something!
    07-03-12 11:48 AM
    How do we know you didn't drop this phone yourself?? Come on man... !! Like someone else wrote, why do you bother to waste your time writing such a negative story on here. You could have spent it walking your dog or something!
    Please think before you speak!

"I sent my device to insurance company because I thought it was my fault to have such problem" If it was my fault I should get new device asap in 2business days!

And they send my device to after sale service if it is my fault or not! And after sale service told us with report "there's no user caused problem it is manufacturing problem and we are fixing the issue" BUT they just made OS Reload and send my device with montage problem.

Please stop playing advocate role for RIM you "newbie" everyone knows how I love my device, BlackBerry and do for the community! Even RIM knows it... So stop just stop writing stupid things as you did since 2009... You only get and get giving nothing for this community... No post since 2009? And you think you'll save RIM?

Dont think so... bye bye...
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    07-03-12 12:35 PM
    Customer from h--l as far as I'm concerned. And pays $1000 for a BB? My carrier is giving them away free this week.
    07-03-12 05:31 PM
    That is the technique I have always used and it has always worked quite well.
    That's what I did for 2times already and this time not because I'm done with all these after sale service BS'
    07-03-12 08:38 PM
    Yes I did! I could buy it from USA but to support company I bought all my BlackBerry's from Turkey.
    Why are BlackBerrys more expensive in Turkey?
    07-03-12 08:39 PM
    Why are BlackBerrys more expensive in Turkey?
    Taxes, high profit and mostly after sale service costs because you have to give at least 2years warranty to sell your product
    07-03-12 08:41 PM
    Taxes, high profit and mostly after sale service costs because you have to give at least 2years warranty to sell your product
    How much wuold it have cost elsewhere, cheaper?
    07-03-12 08:43 PM
    Even though the OP has done a lot of good with his OTA downloads, I'm sorry but LOL

YOU WATER DAMAGED YOUR ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY. Let me spell that out for you, it means RIM is not liable because it's your fault and not covered under the warranty. Water damage isn't covered by ANY warranty including Apple's. No amount of liquid damage is and it doesn't matter if it's light rain. They were obviously generous enough to send you a replacement device which you didn't deserve to begin with, you deserved diddly squat.
    • The turnaround times are expected and not guaranteed.
    • You don't get to negotiate the repair fees or how they service your handset, particularly when you are at fault where your issue isn't covered by warranty.
    • Per the warranty, they will repair or replace your handset at their own discretion.
    • You aren't going to get an upgrade because you cry about it.

If you're that rich that you can pursue frivolous litigation where when you lose, you'll have to fork out RIM's court costs, you should be able to afford to replace your handset.
    dodger_moore and crazeee4u like this.
    07-04-12 07:45 AM
    This is about as stupid as it gets. If you are not happy with RIM and there service they give then just move on you got the money to buy a new phone if that is what you want. But if you get it wet from standing in the rain then you will have to buy a new one again and again. If you want a water prof phone then buy one. If you want a BB then stay out of the rain. I hope they laugh your out of court and you have to pay for all court cost. Grow up and get a life.
    07-04-12 08:10 AM
    RRoyy

Have you explored the idea that RIM may have secret warranties on (1 or more of) the products that have caused you problems? Secret warranties are usually identified deficiencies known only by the manufacturer of a product and the deficiency is addressed when the customer presents the product for repair or a recall is communicated.

A red flag that there might be a secret warranty on a product or device is a manufacturers hasty attempt to remedy the customer complaint. ie: quick replacement of a defective product.

And decide to send fax to RIM Canada and learned that the amount they were asking was the price for replacement and they made me pay + 500 for new device... After negotiating with RIM (which I decide to open court that day too) I got new Torch 9800 for free...
    rroyy likes this.
    07-04-12 08:32 AM
    Even though the OP has done a lot of good with his OTA downloads, I'm sorry but LOL

YOU WATER DAMAGED YOUR ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY. Let me spell that out for you, it means RIM is not liable because it's your fault and not covered under the warranty. Water damage isn't covered by ANY warranty including Apple's. No amount of liquid damage is and it doesn't matter if it's light rain. They were obviously generous enough to send you a replacement device which you didn't deserve to begin with, you deserved diddly squat.
    • The turnaround times are expected and not guaranteed.
    • You don't get to negotiate the repair fees or how they service your handset, particularly when you are at fault where your issue isn't covered by warranty.
    • Per the warranty, they will repair or replace your handset at their own discretion.
    • You aren't going to get an upgrade because you cry about it.

If you're that rich that you can pursue frivolous litigation where when you lose, you'll have to fork out RIM's court costs, you should be able to afford to replace your handset.
    This is about as stupid as it gets. If you are not happy with RIM and there service they give then just move on you got the money to buy a new phone if that is what you want. But if you get it wet from standing in the rain then you will have to buy a new one again and again. If you want a water prof phone then buy one. If you want a BB then stay out of the rain. I hope they laugh your out of court and you have to pay for all court cost. Grow up and get a life.
    Did you read the whole story? or just talking to say something? Water damage thing was 2years old story latest story is in the end... Sorry to see how you guys are bling.

Money I don't care at all even I can say I got better finance condition than Mike & Jim...

But if want your self to name as stupid next time when this happens you can buy new device! I know what "Ethical Consumption" is! I know what customer care and loyalty is thats what I learned and certify that I learned it with 2 university diploma...

And these were happened because here people don't care as you not... They just had problem and by new device from same brand or another one...

Since I have money I won't let any firm name me "stupid rich custemers" category... If you are and happy with it good luck with it...

And please learn how to read something from start to end... If you forget some parts while reading the whole store please take notes I can help your little brains to understand the story completely not part of it...
    Last edited by rroyy; 07-04-12 at 08:49 AM.
    07-04-12 08:37 AM
    Was your shot aimed at me or GSThomas?

I'm only trying to help.
    rroyy likes this.
    07-04-12 08:45 AM
    RRoyy

Have you explored the idea that RIM may have secret warranties on (1 or more of) the products that have caused you problems? Secret warranties are usually identified deficiencies known only by the manufacturer of a product and the deficiency is addressed when the customer presents the product for repair or a recall is communicated.

A red flag that there might be a secret warranty on a product or device is a manufacturers hasty attempt to remedy the customer complaint. ie: quick replacement of a defective product.

And decide to send fax to RIM Canada and learned that the amount they were asking was the price for replacement and they made me pay + 500 for new device... After negotiating with RIM (which I decide to open court that day too) I got new Torch 9800 for free...
    Problem happened with 9700 was something like that I should pay 485 and get new device but after sale service asked me $485 for repair not replacement as RIM states. Thats why I decide to buy new device for 1000 not repairing water damaged device. And RIM Canada told me "they shouldnt ask that price for repair thats replacement price and they guide you wrong and you bought new device for $1000 but you should get new device for $500" and sent me free 9800.

What some stupid guys reading this thread really don't know is all my problems fixed by RIM and they always apology because they thin I'm right after contacting them but this doesn't mean there's no after sale service problems.

I know business and business law in Turkey. With out thinking if I'm right or wrong in this kind of problem I never talk all these.

And some said I won't get new device.... Do I care? No I don't... This is my chance to make decition as consumer to keep using BlackBerry brand or not... They don't need to send me new device because If they don't find solution to my problem I'll just leave the company... Court and newspaper thing? Thats to let other consumers know how their services fail...

And guy told me I'm gonna spend all court coust etc and I'll lose the court... 1) I really don't think that I'm gonna lose it but even if I lose I'm able to afford court expenses even more...

I love BlackBerry products but I'm not stupid as companies want consumers to be...
    07-04-12 08:48 AM
    ((= fixed the quote it wasn't for you you can see my reply to you after refresh.

Was your shot aimed at me or GSThomas?

I'm only trying to help.
    07-04-12 08:49 AM
    And RIM Canada told me "they shouldnt ask that price for repair thats replacement price and they guide you wrong
    Would you consider pursuing what exactly RIM is communicating to their Overseas Customer Support Services to determine what RIM's message really is regarding the Support Service charge matrix?

What RIM tells you and what instruction RIM actually gives to Overseas Support Services might conflict.

If what RIM tells you is true then there may be a communication from RIM to support services with a warning message to stop that practice and or to properly align their service charge matrix.

Good Luck
    Last edited by blackburberry; 07-04-12 at 09:42 AM.
    07-04-12 09:15 AM
    Leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance, I won't miss you. You have no loyalty to the brand.

"Mommy, mommy! I have a defective device, I'm gonna sue them over something outside of RIM's control and mommy mommy I want my own way!!!"

Typical arrogant ignorant rich guy who thinks he knows the law and how warranties work. If you continue to file these kinds of lawsuits, eventually you'll be banned which the court can lawfully do.

It sounds like a miscommunication, the CSR got the words "repair" and "replacement" mixed up. Mistakes happen and you cannot pursue that in court.

P.S a university diploma has nothing on a degree. 1 year vs 4-5 years. Not so smart are you.
    Last edited by CatlinFD; 07-04-12 at 10:09 AM.
    07-04-12 10:04 AM
    As far as I'm are the standard BlackBerry warranty internationally is 2 years. Could be wrong. I think its 3 years here or so my Telco said.
    07-04-12 10:12 AM
    Not gonna reply any ignorant person in this thread.

If you think you are in this category this is my general reply.

University diploma means 4years here in Turkey make it 2?
    Law changes in every country and I'm partner with Turkey's one of the most important Law Offices
    Broken English: No one needs to learn your mother language as you do... I've many firms and even a holding which is making 1-2billion export annually to Iran, even Partner with Worlds 3rd biggest jewellery company owned by UAE and Qatar firms... Also have construction company in Turkey which is making projects only $500M + because we want to play high... In this case your "perfect" English vs my broken English which is good?

You keep your perfect English to live and I use my broken one to make billions...

If any of you still thinking this is "money" case please read the first message again carefully and think before you write your reply here...

I'm talking about a problem causing customer lose for RIM and as I said before at least 100 of my friends switched to other platforms after these kind of problems. And if this is out of RIM's business why they care this so much?

Company is about to die when you look at their financial status and treating customer like this is BS. They also know it thats why I got call from RIM authority saying "we gonna stop working with KVK -their current after sale service company-) I don't ask device in my e-mail and phone calls with RIM just put them as an option with saying they are not "must have for me" I just gonna decide to use their products anymore or not... That's the case...

Now sorry for my "broken English" which help me make billions as it is. Seems it bother you guys...

After now I'll only reply messages with knowledge...
    07-04-12 10:29 AM
    He is Turkish you dolt! Try speaking his language let's see how good you are at it.

As far as 'loyalty to the brand' is concerned, he's put more money in RIM's coffers than you have. RIM would rather lose YOU as a customer than him...try to remember that when you get into your 'RIM defender 2012' fantasies.

Beat me to it. Especially when someone claims "Brand Loyalty" and also has an HTC. Yes, I have a iPhone (in case someone brings it up). LOL, I also had a Palm prior to BlackBerries 5 years ago. But, Brand Loyalty has nothing at all to do with someone acting like a thug towards another on here. RIM should feel safe now. All is well.

Sent from my Sexy BlackBerry 9810 on Mecca's Delta Prime Hybrid using Tapatalk (*_~)
    rroyy likes this.
    07-04-12 02:32 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD