Confused about what? I just agreed he is a hit and run type poster. I don't care. It's his life. If that is how he spends it then so be it.
    I think he was asking how to ignore.

Click the users name
    Click View Public Profile
    Click the Dropdown for User List
    Select Ignore List
    Done.

You will still see post where user is quoted but that's it.
    07-02-12 10:14 PM
    I think he was asking how to ignore.

Click the users name

Click View Profile

Click the Dropdown for User List

Select Ignore List

Done.

You will still see post where user is quoted but that's it.

Ah. My bad. Good info to have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 10:15 PM
    xandermac brings up a pretty good point. RIM might have quite the countersuit.
    07-02-12 10:28 PM
    @rroy-
    You've been an ally to CrackBerry over the years with an OS for multiple devices on numerous occasions. You're not the first nor the last to file a suit. As far as winning, it will be easier said than done. Besides, if your evidence is good, they will settle out of court and restrict you from discussing. At any rate, thanks, and good luck.
    07-02-12 10:34 PM
    I have accidentally ignored myself.

Help.

07-02-12 10:37 PM
    Not to be a complete Dik about this but you've been making money off of RIMs intellectual property for a long time, I'm not sure you want to open a can of worms over the price of a phone.

I agree that RIMs support (or lack thereof) is severely lacking but still. I'm interested to know the outcome.
    Making money? Am I selling RIM apps? or sharing their paid apps illegally? I'm sharing their apps to ppl who are not able to get it. RIM would make them available to all but because of laws and restrictions in some countries they can't. I'm not asking money for downloading apps... There's only donation link and all I got there goes mostly to hosting service. I don't need to earn money illegally (even what I do is not illegal) just dont wanna pay money because I'm helping ppl and what I do as hobby. That's why I've donation link.

(and my links to free RIM apps making ppl happy and luv RIM and BlackBerry happy because they are using free apps provided by RIM. That little site has over 300.000 unique users! and never heard such thing as you wrote...)
    07-02-12 10:38 PM
    Duplicate post.
    Last edited by canuck_67; 07-02-12 at 10:49 PM.
    07-02-12 10:45 PM
    Now, seriously. How can you sue over customer service? The lack of interest companies show to customers in the last few years is only exceeded by the distance in which they are from them multiplied by the profit margin. I Have no expectations of any customer service beyond what they are required by local law to provide. And even this can be circumvented by the use of well written fine print. It is a sad commentary, but true non the less. There are of course exceptions that prove the rule.

Good luck in your endeavor.
    07-02-12 10:46 PM

Help.

LOL... I almost spit out my soft drink laffing so hard..

This should get the Funniest TOP POST of the night!

PS. I hope it's not true....
    07-03-12 12:06 AM

Help.

Post of the year...I just laughed loud enough my neighbours heard.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-12 01:21 AM
    You got your Blackberry smartphone wet and are blaming Research In Motion? Seriously? You are stupid. Sorry, moderators, but it had to be said. RIM does not screwy things but blaming user caused problems on the company and threatening a lawsuit? If I was a lawyer working for RIM I would squash you like a cigarette on the ground.
    07-03-12 03:52 AM
    You got your Blackberry smartphone wet and are blaming Research In Motion? Seriously? You are stupid. Sorry, moderators, but it had to be said. RIM does not screwy things but blaming user caused problems on the company and threatening a lawsuit? If I was a lawyer working for RIM I would squash you like a cigarette on the ground.
    Are you ignorant? Using smartphone under "light rain" is not user caused problem go try other brands with same condition you wont have any problem even with Nokia 9110...

Even If it is: 485 USD for Repair?

And I'm again asking are you ignorant? RIM said they are sorry about the money asked for repairing the device and sent me 9800 for my 9700... The problem I'm talking about is 9900 one! They are just other examples in my thread...

Now who is stupid? RIM or you?
    Last edited by rroyy; 07-03-12 at 05:44 AM.
    07-03-12 04:37 AM
    Not only you Roy, I paid about 1.5x the device full price in the US. That's how RIM deals with us in the EMEA specially the Middle East and countries near to it as Turkey. At least you've got an official after sales service from RIM also got RIM Turkey. But me got nothing but my stupid carrier at least I can handle arguing with them for replacements.

I paid a total of 1200$ on my BlackBerries just in 2012. Got a Torch 9860 and Bold 9900. Sold the Torch 9860 for half the price and unfortunately got an iPhone 4S instead. If RIM has released devices with PlayBook OS instead of the OS 7 fail they could have won loads of cash and customers also developers in much shorter time. I'm dealing myself with RIM PR Agency in Egypt and we are all sad for RIM's loss but sorry Mike and Jim killed RIM already and don't think RIM can stand again.
    rroyy likes this.
    07-03-12 04:56 AM
    Are you ignorant? Using smartphone under "light rain" in not user caused problem go try other brands with same condition you wont have any problem even with Nokia 9110...

And I'm again asking are you ignorant? RIM said they are sorry about that repair device and sent me 9800 for my 9700... The problem I'm talking about is 9900 one! They are just another exampled in my thread...

Now who is stupid? RIM or you?
    Ummmm....I have been trying to accidentallyonpurpose kill my work issued 9650 so I can issue myself a 9930.

I've tried accidentally poking a paper clip under the keys.
    I've tried accidentally lifting the trackpad.
    I've tried accidentally dropping it.

Nothing.

Last month we went to have tapas for lunch, bosses and some mucky mucks included. The waiter literally spilled water on my phone. I thought YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! In full view of boss.

Nothing. Phone kept working.

I spilled soda on it when I got to my desk hoping to exacerbate any possible water effects.

Phone is still working.

So.....it's got more than light rain. Still working.

Just sayin.....
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-03-12 at 05:04 AM.
    Jean-luc_Picard and elphie28 like this.
    07-03-12 05:02 AM
    Ummmm....I have been trying to accidentallyonpurpose kill my work issued 9650 so I can issue myself a 9930.

Nothing.

Last month we went to have tapas for lunch, bosses and some mucky mucks included. The waiter literally spilled water on my phone. I thought YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! In full view of boss.

I spilled soda on it when I got to my desk hoping to exacerbate any possible water effects.

Phone is still working.

Just sayin.....
    Either Your phone loves you or you are lucky. My Torch 9860 trackpad got broken when it dropped from my pocket once only once.
    rroyy likes this.
    07-03-12 05:05 AM
    Either Your phone loves you or you are lucky. My Torch 9860 trackpad got broken when it dropped from my pocket once only once.
    Can't be luck. I've been on a murderous rampage against that poor thing since October.

Built like a frackin' tank....
    07-03-12 05:11 AM

Nothing.

Phone is still working.

Just sayin.....
    That is what it should be! And what I told to them "this is not water leakage" but after sale service told as it is because water leakage ends your warranty... I even eccepted what they told but RIM Canada didn't because after sales company should ask me to pay 485 for new device (thats how RIM ask them to do) but they asked that for "repair" and RIM CA told they are sorry about that.

And yes once I dropped my iPhone in to water and it is still working... That wasn't water leakage sure but RIM Turkey after Sale Service always doing that to their customers.

I have many friends stop using BlackBerry right after RIM Turkey after Sale Service pissed them all! No saying 1-2-3 more than 30 friends switched to iPhone because of them and yesterday RIM TR authority told me that they are planning to change their after sale service firm.

I have 20-25 Turkish friends left on my BBM it was about 100 and now I got 220 contacts on Whatsapp 20 (who are already on my BBM) with BlackBerry and @ least 150 from iphone and others using Android/Nokia etc...

RIM Turkey knows how they suck on after sale service here in Turkey and they should find way to stop pissing their customers off...
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-03-12 05:11 AM
    Can't be luck. I've been on a murderous rampage against that poor thing since October.

Aww and the reason they giving phones with OS load: Here they have to repair devices in 15 business days if they cant they should offer replacement or money back they don't have any option as repairing! They don't know how to repair BlackBerry's! Too earn legal time they are giving devices with OS Reload and when you give device back because problem is there for the 2nd time they gain another 15days to repair it...

Overall this is just BS!
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-03-12 05:15 AM
    I think that you need to be very careful about what you plan to do here.

1). You like BlackBerrys and they have given you, and us, good service for years.
    2). Some of us are a little harder on our phones that perhaps we should be. I know that I am. I pop SIM cards and microSD cards in and out whilst helping other quite a bit. I know that I exceed the limits of what a consumer phopne was designed to do.
    3). I like you have paid lots of money for full price, of contract, unlocked phones, many times over the years.
    4). I have also paid lots of money for repairs to my phones. Sometimes this has been due to my abuse, somethimes not.
    5). RIM is a good company and will usually treat its customers well. I hope this will be th case with you.
    6). If you buy an Apple phone, there will be far fewer opportunities for customization than with a BlackBerry.
    7). Apple customer service is terrible. They wil lie and cheat to make you buy a new phone. This made the national TV here in England when Apple tried to tell people that their phones had been water damaged and the sales reps only looked at the EXPOSED water marker on the outside of the phone (by the connector) and not at the one inside. The outside one goes red if you use the phone in the rain under certain conditions. The interior one does not. I am convinced that dealing with RIM will get you a better deal than with Apple.

In summary, if you can find a way to compromise with RIM to get close to what you want, do that rather than go with Apple. Because you won't like them one bit.
    07-03-12 05:22 AM
    I also have iPhone 4S bought from UK for 8+ months nothing happened yet. If same thing happens for my iPhone I'll do the same for Apple too. Companies should learn customers are not stupid people with money (even they are with most cases) I'm not. And sadly I got bored to deal with all these RIM aftersale service problems...

Using my iPhone only for almost 4weeks because of this. If RIM thinks they'll survive by forcing their customers use other brands they should learn they wont...

I'm almost addicted to my BlackBerry devices! BlackBerry is the best smartphone managed by company with lack of management, lack of customer care and loyality... Sad but this is the fact...

I think that you need to be very careful about what you plan to do here.

1). You like BlackBerrys and they have given you, and us, good service for years.
    2). Some of us are a little harder on our phones that perhaps we should be. I know that I am. I pop SIM cards and microSD cards in and out whilst helping other quite a bit. I know that I exceed the limits of what a consumer phopne was designed to do.
    3). I like you have paid lots of money for full price, of contract, unlocked phones, many times over the years.
    4). I have also paid lots of money for repairs to my phones. Sometimes this has been due to my abuse, somethimes not.
    5). RIM is a good company and will usually treat its customers well. I hope this will be th case with you.
    6). If you buy an Apple phone, there will be far fewer opportunities for customization than with a BlackBerry.
    7). Apple customer service is terrible. They wil lie and cheat to make you buy a new phone. This made the national TV here in England when Apple tried to tell people that their phones had been water damaged and the sales reps only looked at the EXPOSED water marker on the outside of the phone (by the connector) and not at the one inside. The outside one goes red if you use the phone in the rain under certain conditions. The interior one does not. I am convinced that dealing with RIM will get you a better deal than with Apple.

In summary, if you can find a way to compromise with RIM to get close to what you want, do that rather than go with Apple. Because you won't like them one bit.
    Canuck671, howarmat and ljfong like this.
    07-03-12 05:36 AM

Just drop it in the sink or wash the thing. By now the "accident" ploy is probably transparent enough.
    07-03-12 05:41 AM
    I also have iPhone 4S bought from UK for 8+ months nothing happened yet. If same thing happens for my iPhone I'll do the same for Apple too. Companies should learn customers are not stupid people with money (even they are with most cases) I'm not. And sadly I got bored to deal with all these RIM aftersale service problems...

Using my iPhone only for almost 4weeks because of this. If RIM thinks they'll survive by forcing their customers use other brands they should learn they wont...

I'm almost addicted to my BlackBerry devices! BlackBerry is the best smartphone managed by company with lack of management, lack of customer care and loyality... Sad but this is the fact...
    Companies should learn but, in my long experience, they do not. People learn and then they leave the company. Their knowledge goes with them. If there is not a culture of customer service then the company and the customer loses out.

Please play the long game here. If you are associated with a legal firm then you know that angry demands rarely win the day in court. Be nice to RIM, be very nice when you are talking to them on the phone and by letter or email. Try hard to elevate your problem above the first or second level of support. These people have nearly zero latitude in their actions.

If you can explain in a nice light manner to a manager person then there is a very good chance that they will give you what you want. A new phone costs RIM some money but not a lot. However you need to get to someone who is allowed to make the decision.

I am very good at doing this and I rarely lose out when I get to customer service depts. The trick is never to statedemandsdemans early on. What you need is for them to suggest what you want. In short, you must guide them without them being aware of being guided. If you simply say "Gimme a new phone, or else." They will never do it. But if you say "I really love this phone. I am a loyal BlackBerry user, please can you help me." then you stand a chance. This needs to be done on a person to pbasisbaseis with every person.

Good luck.
    07-03-12 05:49 AM
    An old girlfriend put hers through a nice rinse cycle in the washing machine. "oops, left it in my pocket!"

rroyy likes this.
    07-03-12 05:50 AM
    As I said in my first post, I wasn't trying to be a dik, I personally think you provide a service that RIM should be providing themselves. The older version of appworld you host recently got me out of a bind when the latest version failed to run on my 9800. The service you provide is better than the service RIM provide.

I actually left RIM for the iPhone because of their terrible support, so I do feel your pain. I did come back to RIM somewhat but I will never buy a new phone from them ever again. Now I buy used devices 3rd party and I self insure simply because I know that if I have to deal with RIM directly i'll be very disappointed again. Apple may be more expensive but I've never had an issue with their service/support and to me that's worth it's weight in gold.

Good luck with your fight. I'm shocked at the prices they charge you, it's disgusting to be honest. $485 is pretty much the retail price of a new device, one that costs them $200 to build. There is absolutely no loyalty toward you as a customer and that is an awful thing from a company in RIMs position. They do need to do better.
    rroyy, M.Rizk and awp1323 like this.
    07-03-12 05:52 AM

Help.

I might be able to help but if you're ignoring me you won't know it.
    07-03-12 06:40 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD