I want to believe that someone is messin' with me, but I fear a new low is coming with the next generation.

My Q10 just upgraded automatically software to 10.3.3 and now it just produces a two tone sound for no reason. There are no displayed notifications. I have all notifications turned off except for text messages, BBM, and whatsapp. Doesn't seem to do it when I hold the device but as soon as I put it down, it dings a minute later. I tried not charging it to see if it was that, but still did it. Help! Or am I going to the iPhone?

My Reply!
    I'm curious! Where did you get the idea that not charging your device would somehow do anything but not charge your device??
    The fact that you don't know "why" you're getting this "two tone" only means that YOU don't know the reason.
    Going to an iPhone isn't going to solve the tone issue either. Do you plan to just change devices every time you don't know the reason??
    Try rebooting your device. Did you download or update an app around the same time (before or after) the OS upgrade?
    It's a good possibility that an Android App may be causing this issue.
    Also, it could be coming from the notifications that you DIDN'T turn off. (Text, BBM, WhatsApp)

But, don't start just clicking this or trying that, having no idea what you're doing. You may have better luck just throwing it against a wall.
    (at your own risk, of course)

I do have a few "theories." Does the tone get louder or faster as you get closer to an iPhone? It could be a warning to stay away from it.
    Or it could be the "little people" inside you're device trying to phone home.

Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-09-17 at 09:58 PM.
    02-09-17 01:19 AM
    If that's a new alcoholic drink you have just tried please keep me some 🍸 🍻 :-)
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-09-17 02:00 AM
    If that's a new alcoholic drink you have just tried please keep me some ������ ������ :-)
    Not sure who you're referring to but if you consider anything that this person did before asking for help relevant,
    Then, I WAS right. It was YOU messin ' with me. Or so I'd like to think but you probably were serious with the battery idea.
    Even I couldn't make something like that up.

And, you should probably give up drinking. It's not working in your favor.
    02-09-17 02:33 AM
    Well it really looks like you were not yourself when you wrote/typed. I still do not get what you actually want to ask or share.
    02-09-17 11:35 AM
    Well it really looks like you were not yourself when you wrote/typed. I still do not get what you actually want to ask or share.
    That YOU don't get it, answers your own question. So, don't drag me into it, because I get it just fine.

But, Fair enough. I highlighted what was a question from a guest.
    I work one on one with people trying to help solve their issues... so, when I come across this kind of situation, I WANT to believe that someone is kidding around,
    otherwise you have to accept that ya can't make up this kind of logic and that there really IS no hope for you humans!!
    02-09-17 10:18 PM
    Hmm, I have actually let my devices totally discharge to the point they won't turn on at all. I have found that this does indeed get rid of the two tone sound that comes from the phone. The only real issues comes when you charge the phone back up, the two tone seems to reappear. but at least it is a temporary fix.
    Lostboy5151 and john_v like this.
    02-10-17 08:50 AM
    I want to believe that someone is messin' with me, but I fear a new low is coming with the next generation.

My Q10 just upgraded automatically software to 10.3.3 and now it just produces a two tone sound for no reason. There are no displayed notifications. I have all notifications turned off except for text messages, BBM, and whatsapp. Doesn't seem to do it when I hold the device but as soon as I put it down, it dings a minute later. I tried not charging it to see if it was that, but still did it. Help! Or am I going to the iPhone?

My Reply!
    I'm curious! Where did you get the idea that not charging your device would somehow do anything but not charge your device??
    The fact that you don't know "why" you're getting this "two tone" only means that YOU don't know the reason.
    Going to an iPhone isn't going to solve the tone issue either. Do you plan to just change devices every time you don't know the reason??
    Try rebooting your device. Did you download or update an app around the same time (before or after) the OS upgrade?
    It's a good possibility that an Android App may be causing this issue.
    Also, it could be coming from the notifications that you DIDN'T turn off. (Text, BBM, WhatsApp)

But, don't start just clicking this or trying that, having no idea what you're doing. You may have better luck just throwing it against a wall.
    (at your own risk, of course)

I do have a few "theories." Does the tone get louder or faster as you get closer to an iPhone? It could be a warning to stay away from it.
    Or it could be the "little people" inside you're device trying to phone home.

Oooohh ooooooooohh give us an glue sea wots bein the annserr eh?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-12-17 01:30 PM
    Hmm, I have actually let my devices totally discharge to the point they won't turn on at all. I have found that this does indeed get rid of the two tone sound that comes from the phone. The only real issues comes when you charge the phone back up, the two tone seems to reappear. but at least it is a temporary fix.
    How can something so wrong, be so right??
    Good call, Brewsky!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-18-17 at 09:44 AM.
    02-15-17 06:38 AM
    Oooohh ooooooooohh give us an glue sea wots bein the annserr eh?
    Who am I to disagree with that kind of logic!!
    02-15-17 06:41 AM
    That YOU don't get it, answers your own question. So, don't drag me into it, because I get it just fine.

But, Fair enough. I highlighted what was a question from a guest.
    I work one on one with people trying to help solve their issues... so, when I come across this kind of situation, I WANT to believe that someone is kidding around,
    otherwise you have to accept that ya can't make up this kind of logic and that there really IS no hope for you humans!!
    I'm not sure that your multiple personalities can actually work one on one.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-15-17 05:43 PM
    I need a drink lostboy.
    Html html html

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-15-17 05:54 PM
    I'm not sure that your multiple personalities can actually work one on one.
    As always, you're thinking in one dimensional or demented terms.
    What you see (not even using all 10%) as multiple, is actually one personality open to multiple ideas.

02-18-17 09:39 AM
    I need a drink lostboy.
    Html html html
    Bartender...Q needs a drink. In fact.. a round for everyone on Q !
    02-18-17 09:43 AM
    As always, you're thinking in one dimensional or demented terms.
    What you see (not even using all 10%) as multiple, is actually one personality open to multiple ideas.
    You know me so well. I'm flattered that you see me as demented. Takes one to know one. but there you go, presuming that I can see at all.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-18-17 09:50 AM
    You know me so well. I'm flattered that you see me as demented. Takes one to know one. but there you go, presuming that I can see at all.
    Absolutely! I'm DOCTOR Demented! Got my certificate from the "Sally Struthers On-Line College"
    I know...I know! How can I be demented AND be the only SANE person on the planet.. you ask!
    I'm sane enough to know how best to appear to others to keep my sanity.
    (it's deep... just roll with it!!)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-17 01:18 PM
    Absolutely! I'm DOCTOR Demented! Got my certificate from the "Sally Struthers On-Line College"
    I know...I know! How can I be demented AND be the only SANE person on the planet.. you ask!
    (it's deep... just roll with it!!)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    Seezy fur yous too says eh?.............. I is just bein an Hunlovveded, Hunwanteded, Hunderprivalidgeded, Hunderpayded poower sole hoo is losted is ways in them wurlds sea eh?
    02-18-17 01:39 PM
    Seezy fur yous too says eh?.............. I is just bein an Hunlovveded, Hunwanteded, Hunderprivalidgeded, Hunderpayded poower sole hoo is losted is ways in them wurlds sea eh?
    Oh! I'm sorry!
    Sympathy is down the hall, forth thread on your left!

I'm not laughing at you, I'm... Oh hell, yes I am!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-17 01:52 PM
    (it's deep... just roll with it!!)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    How many folks around here do you think actually know who that is, besides you and me? Or will admit to it?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-17 02:13 PM
    Oh! I'm sorry!
    Sympathy is down the hall, forth thread on your left!
    http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif

I'm not laughing at you, I'm... Oh hell, yes I am!!
    Yous honely sed that cos yous nose I is kant count sea eh?
    02-18-17 02:52 PM