45 records before 12'

damn im old ....
    08-25-08 09:26 PM
    Remember the show Ghostwriter?

I always wore a pen around my neck.

Don't judge...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 12:09 AM
    Yeah, this thread is making me feel old too...

I remember crystal pepsie, I remember listening to Michael Jackson on cassette tapes. I remember drinking "Surge" to get a caffiene buzz. I remember being the first one on the block to get a super nintendo.

Argh... Did you know if you were born in 87 you can drink in a bar now? Everytime I card someone who's I.d. says 87 I always freak out.
    Yes folks, we are getting a bit old.

08-26-08 01:03 AM
    I remember drinking so much surge my **** turned green. I just sent off my cousin who was born in 90 off to college, now that makes me feel old.

08-26-08 03:26 AM
    does anybody remeber a show called "v" ....... way before "x"files
    a cartoon called voltron
    a classic hiphop movie krushgrove
    45 records before 12'

damn im old ....
    ARRGHH!!!! Krushgroove!!

LMAO!! That was on a few weekends ago !!

What about acid wash jeans...?? AND THE WORD 'FRESH'??
    08-26-08 03:29 AM
    i remember when you used to have to get up to turn the knob to change channels on a tv.

i still remember my first computer being a commodore 64 with a 5.25" floppy and a cassette tape backup with a 1200 baud modem and a dot matrix printer. i can still hear the sound of it; like skinning a live cat.
    Last edited by oakie; 08-26-08 at 04:05 AM.
    08-26-08 04:03 AM
    Haha, oakie, and my first big computer was a 386sx 16mhz, 1mb RAM and a 40mb hd! I bought a 2400 baud modem later.....

Hey, I had a DJ Jazy Jeff and the Fresh Prince LP......Parents just don't understand, and that was their 2nd album!

08-26-08 04:19 AM
    Lmao! I have a box of LPs. I remember: Chuck Taylors, Miami Vice, Madonna's first album, Garbage Pail Kids cards, She-Ra, etc. I am so **** old! : /

08-26-08 04:42 AM
    Garbage Pail kids cards were great, I used to have a ton of those stickers. Does anyone remember Fraggle Rock? I remember watching that every week when I was little.
    08-26-08 09:38 AM
    Garbage pail kids loved them, remember the movie? It was so gross but I loved that too. I remember breakin and breakin 2. The disorderlys with the fat boys. Ahh good times. Lol.

08-26-08 09:50 AM
    I bought a 2400 baud modem later.....
    Hey, I had a DJ Jazy Jeff and the Fresh Prince LP......Parents just don't understand, and that was their 2nd album!

I saved up my lunch money in Junior High to buy a modem it was $75.00 took me all month to save for it.
    08-26-08 10:12 AM
    I had Windows 3.11 on my 486 with 4MB of RAM and a 25 MB hard drive. It had a turbo button that got the processor speed up to 25!! I thought I was cool when I went from a 1440 Baud modem to a 56K
    Gotta love those ribbon printers !!!
    08-26-08 10:21 AM
    I had Windows 3.11 on my 486 with 4MB of RAM and a 25 MB hard drive. It had a turbo button that got the processor speed up to 25!! I thought I was cool when I went from a 1440 Baud modem to a 56K
    Gotta love those ribbon printers !!!
    NOOB! Get off my lawn, my 1st computer was 1.86Mhz 56K of RAM. 5" amber screen, and the keyboard was connected to the computer by RJ-11, (read phone cord)
    08-26-08 12:32 PM
    Ok Java you have me there. I think I got that computer in '92 so we were only a couple of years off from the pentium processors. I did however have an Apple II GS. Does that count??? Haha
    08-26-08 01:06 PM
    Does anybody remeber calicovision with pong and beata movies before vhs
    And the only cable t.v. Was h.b.o. Or w.h.t

08-26-08 01:24 PM
    You people are young!

My first calculator was a Texas Instruments one that cost me $40; as I recall, it was the size of a brick, the battery lasted half an hour, and you couldn't read the screen outsides. This was in 1976, when I took classes in COBAL and learned how to write simple computer programs to put on the key-punch cards; you'd then submit your cards, and find out in several hours if your program worked!

Also; my first 45 was "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor, and my first LP was Tapestry by Carole King.

08-26-08 02:02 PM

Yes I do, my family had a beta player, and I loved watching the EQ LED go up and down. Still do, I remember buck rodgers on TV, and rotary dial phone that had those funky plugs before they went RJ 11
    08-26-08 03:59 PM
    Haha, betamax......we just saw that war played out again, blu-ray vs HD DVD, Sony won this time!

I remember calico vision. I also remember writing programs on a friends commodore 64 that you had to save to cassette tape!

Funny though, talking to a guy at work the other day who is getting ready to retire, he's been here longer than I've been alive!

08-27-08 06:15 AM
    Commondore 64 was so bulky, the keyboard was huge because of the floppy drive. Remember Rob the Robot for the original Nintendo?
    08-27-08 08:33 AM
    Remember having to use those set-top boxes for cable? The ones with the big dial you rotate to select from like 50 or 60 channels, and then the other dial (IIRC) was like a fine tuning dial.

08-27-08 08:36 AM
    remember when pagers where the move? (didnt want to curse) the skytel pagers played ringtones and you could beam across a room.
    08-27-08 11:52 AM
    Remember when POGS were cool, lol.

08-28-08 01:42 AM
    Remember when POGS were cool, lol.

Popples, Glo Worms? anyone, anyone?
    08-28-08 08:28 AM
    Remember when Morgan Freeman used to be on Electric Company!?!?!?
    08-28-08 08:30 AM
    Remember when Morgan Freeman used to be on Electric Company!?!?!?
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...11,12!!!!!

I loved that show!!

Anyone remember the two old guys that sat in the balcony on the Muppet Show?
    08-28-08 08:33 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD