Squeeze them hard enough and they fold. Their ideals and beliefs don't hold up in the real world. That's why they pen them up in churches. Its easier to control them and brainwash them that way.

A group mentality is a very hard thing to overcome and at the very core of religion that's where its strength comes from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 01:23 AM
    yeah very observant.....pen them all up in churches....must be why in every part of the world, on every continent, and in every society there is religion....people who attend church live, on average, 15-20 LONGER than those who don't....damn it must suck to get brainwashed and live a healthier life....

btw...there was a bit of sarcasm in there ^
    12-22-08 06:31 AM
    I'm a pastor and I'll happily say that the Christian Right in this country is neither.
    12-22-08 08:49 AM
    Religious Right is Neither What?
    12-22-08 10:39 AM
    Christian Right is neither. I believe Revwill was saying that they are neither christian or right, but correct me if I am wrong.
    12-22-08 10:48 AM
    I would agree both that unmanned properly deciphered the post and that revwill is correct in his statement. It's what the OP said, it's what Alex said, it's what I said. There are those of us who follow what we read in the bible, but do not desire to use it as a platform for politics. We choose to live a life of charity and love for others that God may be shown for who we believe He is.

12-22-08 12:35 PM
    Hello all � It�s good to see things are staying relatively civil. Let's all tone down the "calling out" and "Rambo" BS. It's been said that the pen is mightier than the sword. So, make your (all posters) arguments verbally. If one's position is weak they attack - if one's position is strong they defend.

That�s why I defend.

I feel it is very convenient and simple to just ignore an attack on a group I make no association with. For example: Balloon, Killer, and many others attack religion. Fine - let them win that battle. I agree, "religion is the opium of the people." (That's a quote, Karl Marx, I think). One way to dodge that attack is to just agree and then say, "Glad I'm not religious". Then if an attack is leveled against Christians - say, "You're right, most Christians are wacko." Then add, "Glad I'm a true Christian!"

My position could easily be attacked by someone claiming I'm sitting on the fence and playing both sides. Well... whatever. I think that one can believe the bible, live a Christian life and not fall into the categories that Balloon, Killer and many others associate with closed minds, judgmental diatribes, political involvement, and generally annoying behavior.

You see, unless we all agree on what labels apply to ideas and unless everyone agrees to get pigeonholed into a nice tidy little stereotype and conforms their thinking and ideas into what others think that stereotype should believe. And unless we all agree to wear the mantle of that particular designation with pride - we will always have discord. Unfortunately, everyone is a unique and beautiful flower in God�s garden (sarcasm) and no one wants to be seen as part of a group someone else sees as �wrong�.

I believe the bible was inspired of God. I recognize Jesus as God's son and worthy of modeling my life after. I don't judge. Well, let�s be honest, I "try" not to judge others as wrong if they don't subscribe to my belief system. I fulfill the mandate placed on Christians to preach. I attempt conversion. I do this calmly and mildly and accept that many who are exposed to biblical teaching reject them for whatever reasons they wish. When they do reject the bible, I thank them for their kind attention and move on to my next "victim" (joking). So, I would probably be �labeled� �evangelical Christian�. Yet, just thinking of that label applying to me makes me want to wash.

So, let's discuss the labels and stereotypes and why so many people do things and say things that put them squarely in a stereotype that is seen by rational people as... cooky.

Good example of this: Remember Luvitlo? He admitted beliefs and practices that were downright strange. He attempted to defend his ideas and came off sounding even more strange. Poor guy brought a knife to a gun fight. But, the point is - that's really the way he feels. He is sincere and genuine. Why do people voluntarily drink the cool aid? What is it about the religious right that attracts judgmental, un-evolved people? Do you think they were always judgmental and bigoted and found a way of expressing their ideas under the cloak of religion to appear less socially repellant?

I think we are incorrectly labeling closed-minded hypocrites as religious or Christian because they don�t have the balls to say what they think without assuming the title of religious or Christian. Then, when they say or do things that responsible, thinking, intelligent adults find abrasive the group is attacked and not their ideas.

If your last name is Smith and you�re a good person and some Nazi moved in next door, called himself �Mr Smith� and hung a swastika flag on his house and used racial epithets - would that make all �Smiths� racist? Of course not. Well, I�m a religious Christian but, I find very little in common with my wacky neighbors who go by the same name.
    12-23-08 11:14 AM
    Why is it that I like reading your responses so much more than the "other" responses to this thread?

You have a way of making your point without pointing fingers.
    12-23-08 01:15 PM
    Hello all � It�s good to see things are staying relatively civil. Let's all tone down the "calling out" and "Rambo" BS.
    The truth isn't 'BS' as you say.

It's been said that the pen is mightier than the sword. So, make your (all posters) arguments verbally. If one's position is weak they attack - if one's position is strong they defend.
    Your rhetoric above doesn't make sense the way you're applying the pen is mightier than the sword proverb to it. Also, there are numerous people who defend things because of the fact that what they're defending isn't recognized; or is being labeled wrong when in actuality it is right. The point is that your definition of weak and strong as it relate to one's position is incorrect.
    12-23-08 02:04 PM
    Welcome back Alex. Its about ********* time! Jesus effin Christ!

By the way the blunt is mightier than the pen. Smoke people out and they don't care about nothing.

Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 12-31-08 at 11:12 AM. Reason: language
    12-23-08 03:22 PM
    @Hi def - I'm sure you're correct. I'm just not understanding how.

You said something about "being labeled wrong". So, we agree that a lot of defense / attack stems from incorrect assumptions. This Reminds me of the whole "you know what happens when you assume..." Thing. My boss at an old job was a dummy. I said, "I assume..." He did the little, "you know what happens when you assume" line. My response was, "Yes, I know what happens when I assume - I'm usually right. However, when you assume something, you make an a$$ of yourself". I either quit or got fired 2 minutes later - depends who you ask.

So.... When I ASSUME someone is attacking me - I assume that attack comes from a standpoint of, "I don't want the spotlight on my weak argument so I'll try and blow holes in Alex's and attack him". Read back a few dozen pages and you see how Killer and I engaged in a nice swordfight (parry / thrust). We both got cut up pretty good and each declared ourselves the winner. But, our cases were more strongly made when we just took the floor and made a speech - rather than made a response.

@prada - It's fun reading you too. Where's your sidekick, Cain?

@Killer - jesus effin christ. I have been away too long. Let's get it on - you gay-lovin', anti-christ, bong head, bone head (and whatever other "nutty" thing you're knotted up in to)

Last edited by alex1; 12-23-08 at 05:42 PM. Reason: I hate typos
    12-23-08 03:43 PM
    The gay lovin anti-christ. Dude that sheet is funny. Hahahahha

12-23-08 04:54 PM
    First of all, let me say merry Christmas to everyone here @ CB. I know I have not been the Christian I've claimed to be as of late. I have posted some hurtfull statements to some here that I wish I could retract and for that, I am sorry. I can only say that I will mind my posts and replies from here on out. Further more, I respect everyone's views and opinions here and really enjoy this thread. I wish you all a happy new year.
    12-25-08 02:15 AM
    Group hug.... (Chokes back tears and sniffles as I wipe nose)

12-26-08 07:04 PM
    Its all Good Golfy-

No Hard Feelings, I Hope You and Your Family Had a Good Christmas.

And in Case you were wondering, there is no sarcasm in this post.

12-29-08 03:13 PM
    Its all Good Golfy-

No Hard Feelings, I Hope You and Your Family Had a Good Christmas.

And in Case you were wondering, there is no sarcasm in this post.

Thanks, Prada. My kids had a blast! That's all that matters to me. Hopefully, you and yours had fun too.
    12-29-08 06:35 PM
    I don't know if this fits...it it is not directed at anybody...but it is a good quote. If you are a John Wayne fan, you might recognize it. This has nothing to do with who believes what or anything..just a quote to think about...and please do.

"Life is tough, tougher when you're stupid."
    12-30-08 10:08 AM
    I don't know if this fits...it it is not directed at anybody...but it is a good quote. If you are a John Wayne fan, you might recognize it. This has nothing to do with who believes what or anything..just a quote to think about...and please do.

"Life is tough, tougher when you're stupid."
    So Are We Stupid for BEING Religious?

or

Stupid for NOT Being Religious?

Is there a nice happy Medium in there? Because If There Is, I Can't Find it.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-30-08 at 01:48 PM.
    12-30-08 12:17 PM
    I hope you all had a Merry something! Cheers to a new year of Blackberry goodness and lenghty civil discussions! Love to you all!
    12-30-08 04:34 PM
    Zeitgeist - The Movie

12-30-08 08:17 PM
    This thread was spawned from a current thread dealing with Prop 8. As expected, which is ALWAYS the case,the Bible thumpers had to jump in about how gay marriage is wrong and homosexuality is a choice.

My post isn't directly about that. This post is about my dislike and intolerance of the religious right in this country. The Bible thumpers. You know the type. They believe in some magical place called heaven and the fiery pits of helll. They beleive that all non-beleivers will be banished to helll unless you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. They judge, they condemn, they divide, they quote a sacred book they believe is Gods word and anyone who does not share their beliefs must be saved. They may not do it to your face but when you turn around be sure they are praying for your little lost soul.

I am not an Atheist so before some go there lets get that out of the way. The religious right act so damn self righteous yet live their lives as hypocrits and pass their limited view of reality onto others as truths.

They are brainwwashed and live in fear of pisssing of some judgemental God who will condemn them to the burning fires in helll. They believe that snakes talk, they condemn incest as a sin YET in their little story of Adam and Eve it reeks of it. They turn their backs on child molestation yet condemn thoughts or acts of homosexuality. They beleive that some woman was impregnated by some magical event called the immaculate conception oooooh how interesting. They took something called pergatory (which by the way is the word of God *sarcasm*) and said there is now no such thing.

They teach their kids to pray for others who are different from them, who don't share their same beliefs because "those people are lost" Yes all the Muslims, baptist, Presbyterians, Buddhist, Hindus etc etc are all going to helll. What a bummer for them.

There are some people in this country who practice religion and can function in society normally. I do not have a problem with people practicing religion. My problem lies with the Bible thumpers who spew their intolerance and judgements on others because the Bible says "its not right." Their ridiiculous religious beliefs pop up in politics and peoples personal lives all the time where it doesn't belong.

In closing, I'm tired of these people and I truly dislike what they preach and what they stand for. Their beliefs are solidly anchored in lies, deceit and fear. The perfect brew for the ultimate agenda of religion...CONTROL THE MASSES.

Yes your being brainwashed.
    The top 5 reasons you are clueless!

1. You obviously were not beaten enough as a child!
    2. You should have stayed in school but congrats on passing the G.E.D. on your third try.
    3. Break is over, now get back to the fry vat!
    4. Isn't it time for your medication?
    5. You might want to quit huffing that gold paint.

Over 75% of Americans alone are Christians. You have a long battle ahead of you, but you keep on your dogmatic battle against Christianity
    12-31-08 11:03 AM
    The top 5 reasons you are clueless!

1. You obviously were not beaten enough as a child!
    2. You should have stayed in school but congrats on passing the G.E.D. on your third try.
    3. Break is over, now get back to the fry vat!
    4. Isn't it time for your medication?
    5. You might want to quit huffing that gold paint.
    Your Too Funny.

To Bad You Can't Make a Sound argument, or Even Make a Logical Point-

If not maybe we could take your input seriously.

Until then, Keep Throwing Around Cute Little Assumptions.

It only makes you look better.

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-31-08 at 12:53 PM.
    12-31-08 12:43 PM
    Your Too Funny.

To Bad You Can't Make a Sound argument, or Even Make a Logical Point-

If not maybe we could take your input seriously.

Until then, Keep Throwing Around Cute Little Assumptions.

It only makes you look better.

First off, it is not "your" it's you're.
    Next, it is not "to", it's "too"

Now I am funny and smart.
    12-31-08 12:51 PM
    First off, it is not "your" it's you're.
    Next, it is not "to", it's "too"

Now I am funny and smart.
    Good Job!

Now Your Funny Smart AND a Grammar Nazi.

Your Reward is a Nice Pink Swastika. Wear it Proudly!

You Made One Good Point Against Balloon Knot Though-

He May Push His "Dogmatic Views" Simply Because He wasn't Beaten Enough As a Child.

See, before the 90's, 75% of the Population were beaten by Nuns.

Oh wow! That Must Be why 75% Of the Population is Christian.

Sister Mary-Margaret-Hoe-Bag Beat Every Kid in her class until they Could Vomit Up Every Known Prayer to Man.

But I was Different, While Sister Mary-Margaret-Hoe-Bag was forcing us to Memorize every known prayer to man, I learned them all Backwards.

It's just too funny that when someone doesn't have a resonable response to defend what they stated, they revert to nit picking a persons spelling.

"Oh man! They Made a Good Point! Darn! What Do I say?!?! Oh Wait! They Mispelled doorknob! Yes! A Get out of Jail Free Card! Now I have no need to reply or defend my statement! I'll Just Edit their statement! Yessss! I'm so cool!"

::Rolls Eyes::
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-31-08 at 01:14 PM.
    12-31-08 12:57 PM
    Good Job!

Now Your Funny Smart AND a Grammar Nazi.

Your Reward is a Nice Pink Swastika. Wear it Proudly!

You Made One Good Point Against Balloon Knot Though-

He May Push His "Dogmatic Views" Simply Because He wasn't Beaten Enough As a Child.

See, before the 90's, 75% of the Population were beaten by Nuns.

Oh wow! That Must Be why 75% Of the Population is Christian.

Sister Mary-Margaret-Hoe-Bag Beat Every Kid in her class until they Could Vomit Up Every Known Prayer to Man.

But I was Different, While Sister Mary-Margaret-Hoe-Bag was forcing us to Memorize every known prayer to man, I learned them all Backwards.

Now you have me laughing . . . Even after editing your post (I am assuming so you could look up the spelling of swastika), you still are a slow learner it appears. As referencing my earlier post . . . It is not "your", it is you're.

Let me help you further. The word "Your" is a possessive form of you, referring to something that a person has. "You're" is a combination of the words You and Are.

Now you can go back to being angry at 75% of your neighbors.
    12-31-08 01:15 PM
364 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD