This thread was spawned from a current thread dealing with Prop 8. As expected, which is ALWAYS the case,the Bible thumpers had to jump in about how gay marriage is wrong and homosexuality is a choice.

My post isn't directly about that. This post is about my dislike and intolerance of the religious right in this country. The Bible thumpers. You know the type. They believe in some magical place called heaven and the fiery pits of helll. They beleive that all non-beleivers will be banished to helll unless you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. They judge, they condemn, they divide, they quote a sacred book they believe is Gods word and anyone who does not share their beliefs must be saved. They may not do it to your face but when you turn around be sure they are praying for your little lost soul.

I am not an Atheist so before some go there lets get that out of the way. The religious right act so damn self righteous yet live their lives as hypocrits and pass their limited view of reality onto others as truths.

They are brainwwashed and live in fear of pisssing of some judgemental God who will condemn them to the burning fires in helll. They believe that snakes talk, they condemn incest as a sin YET in their little story of Adam and Eve it reeks of it. They turn their backs on child molestation yet condemn thoughts or acts of homosexuality. They beleive that some woman was impregnated by some magical event called the immaculate conception oooooh how interesting. They took something called pergatory (which by the way is the word of God *sarcasm*) and said there is now no such thing.

They teach their kids to pray for others who are different from them, who don't share their same beliefs because "those people are lost" Yes all the Muslims, baptist, Presbyterians, Buddhist, Hindus etc etc are all going to helll. What a bummer for them.

There are some people in this country who practice religion and can function in society normally. I do not have a problem with people practicing religion. My problem lies with the Bible thumpers who spew their intolerance and judgements on others because the Bible says "its not right." Their ridiiculous religious beliefs pop up in politics and peoples personal lives all the time where it doesn't belong.

In closing, I'm tired of these people and I truly dislike what they preach and what they stand for. Their beliefs are solidly anchored in lies, deceit and fear. The perfect brew for the ultimate agenda of religion...CONTROL THE MASSES.

Yes your being brainwashed.
    11-02-08 03:25 PM
    Whoa dude. Drink a beer and settle down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 03:30 PM
    As I agree with most of what you have said, they still have that right. We all might not like it, but again they have the right to practice whatever religion they want. I dont agree they should be forcing it on anyone else though.
    11-02-08 03:49 PM
    Who cares. They honestly have had no effect on my life. I felt the same as you before I grew up.

Oh yeah and, my sister is gay and has a life partner. They could care less and are voting for McCain.

To quote wally; "drink a beer and settle down".

11-02-08 03:53 PM
    Who cares. They honestly have had no effect on my life. I felt the same as you before I grew up.

Oh yeah and, my sister is gay and has a life partner. They could care less and are voting for McCain.

To quote wally; "drink a beer and settle down".

Perhaps my writing style comes off as hot. It's just passion now take the Pats off your shoulder : )
    11-02-08 03:58 PM
    Yep, everyone has rights to practice whatever religion they want... be it christianity (stolen beliefs from paganism), satanism, paganism. athiestic or whatever you want. I myself just consider myself spiritual, I just believe in bits & pieces of all religions.. as honestly none are accurate and they all have flaws.

I certainly don't believe anyone should force their beliefs upon anyone at all. Kinda like some door to door people... Hence I never answer the door on a Sunday when I see them roaming around. Heck I even call the neighbors and warn them.. LOL

But yeah every religion has hypocrites and flaws... but it's how everyone gets through life... So it's just a matter of ignoring them as much as they try to make themselves be heard.
    11-02-08 04:02 PM
    Perhaps my writing style comes off as hot. It's just passion now take the Pats off your shoulder : )
    No way. Pats have a chance to take sole posession of 1st place

No worries. You got a right to your opinion too.

11-02-08 04:12 PM
    No way. Pats have a chance to take sole posession of 1st place

and then will blow it......again. haha
    11-02-08 04:57 PM
    separation from church n the govt. some people are forgetting about this!
    11-02-08 05:06 PM
    Freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion.
    11-02-08 05:36 PM
    I have a feeling this will get heated at some point..
    11-02-08 05:41 PM
    I prayed when I thought my Curve was bricked. Sorry about that, won't happen again ;>)

11-02-08 05:44 PM
    you always make me laugh dude.

Everytime you say things like that it happens. It will remain calm I think. Most people here are pretty free spirits plus its a sin to be posting on forums that encourage addictive behavior. This is the devils playground.

11-02-08 06:07 PM
    I literally clapped and cheered for every word of that. I couldn't agree more.

(I mean the original post)
    11-02-08 06:11 PM
    I'm so pleased the OP shows none of the intolerance he ascribes to the religious right.

11-02-08 06:40 PM
    Can't you just feel all the tolerance emanating from Balloon?

They beleive that some woman was impregnated by some magical event called the immaculate conception oooooh how interesting. They took something called pergatory (which by the way is the word of God *sarcasm*) and said there is now no such thing.

They teach their kids to pray for others who are different from them, who don't share their same beliefs because "those people are lost" Yes all the Muslims, baptist, Presbyterians, Buddhist, Hindus etc etc are all going to helll. What a bummer for them.
    Wiki Immaculate Conception and purgatory. You're just factually wrong about both. Both those are Catholic doctrines but in the next paragraph you say that "they" believe that non-Christians are going to ****. Catholics do not. In fact for Catholics, there is no conception of "saved." Judgment of all, Christians and non-Christians, are left to God.

There are some people in this country who practice religion and can function in society normally. I do not have a problem with people practicing religion. My problem lies with the Bible thumpers who spew their intolerance and judgements on others because the Bible says "its not right." Their ridiiculous religious beliefs pop up in politics and peoples personal lives all the time where it doesn't belong.
    That sounds a lot like "I don't mean no disrespect but your mother's a *****."

In closing, I'm tired of these people and I truly dislike what they preach and what they stand for. Their beliefs are solidly anchored in lies, deceit and fear. The perfect brew for the ultimate agenda of religion...CONTROL THE MASSES.

Yes your being brainwashed.
    Yes, because you know the Judeo-Christian tradition is just a history of control. From Moses "Let my people go" to Jesus overturning the tables at the Temple to Martin Luther's 95 Thesis, it's all about keep people in line.

I love these ridiculous Bible-thumping quotes intended to control the masses:

"Here, before God, in the presence of these witnesses, from this time, I consecrate my life to the destruction of slavery!" - John Brown

"All of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" - MLK

"Therefore I, by the grace of God and the favor of the Apostolic See Bishop of the Eparchy of St. George in Canton, must declare to you, my people, for the sake of your salvation as well as my own, that any direct participation and support of this war against the people of Iraq is objectively grave evil, a matter of mortal sin. Beyond a reasonable doubt this war is morally incompatible with the Person and Way of Jesus Christ. With moral certainty I say to you it does not meet even the minimal standards of the Catholic just war theory. Thus, any killing associated with it is unjustified and, in consequence, unequivocally murder. Direct participation in this war is the moral equivalent of direct participation in an abortion. For the Catholics of the Eparchy of St. George, I hereby authoritatively state that such direct participation is intrinsically and gravely evil and therefore absolutely forbidden." - Bishop Michael Botean

These Bible thumpers just can't leave us alone!
    11-02-08 06:44 PM
    Can't you just feel all the tolerance emanating from Balloon?

I sure as heck hope not. I made no bones about who I did not tolerate. I tolerate everyone except for the religious right in this country. The Religious right. The RELIGIOUS RIGHT. I made that very clear and if not hopefully you understand that now.

You can pull quotes from the Bible all day long and that does not change a thing. The Bible means absolutely nothing to me. It was written by people to get others to conform. It is also intented to control them using fear.

You want some of your precious Bible quotes? Here I'll show you some good ones.

Heres one on slavery and the subjugationn of women

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

on immorality

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Heres another good one

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Theres a lesson on intolerance. your point was what yeahman? I missed it.
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 11-02-08 at 07:41 PM.
    11-02-08 07:31 PM
    You can pull quotes from the Bible all day long and that does not change a thing. The Bible means absolutely nothing to me. It was written by people to get others to conform. It is also intented to control them using fear.

You want some of your precious Bible quotes? Here I'll show you some good ones.

Heres one on slavery and the subjugationn of women

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

on immorality

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Heres another good one

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Theres a lesson on intolerance. your point was what yeahman? I missed it.
    I didn't quote anything from the Bible. Martin Luther King Jr. isn't in the Bible. Why you thumping the Bible all of a sudden? That's so annoying. Keep it to yourself! Leave us non-believers alone!!!
    11-02-08 07:45 PM
    I might also add you can also commit rape, and still be in obedience to God's word in the Bible, provided that, in addition to raping slaves, you also rape enemy women. When you are through abusing and raping them then you can just send them packing.

Really it's true it is in the Bible right here:

"When you go to war against your enemies and you see a beautiful woman and find her desirable, you may take her. If she ceases to please you send her away." Deut. 21:10

Also I bet you didnt know that you CAN rape foreigners but you are FORBIDDEN to marry them. That's kind of is unfair I think, but here take a look.

"I saw that the people were marrying foreigners. Their children were even learning foreign languages. I called down curses on them. I struck them and tore the hair out of their heads and made them swear by god, 'you will not marry foreigners.'" Neh. 13:23

this IS the word of God so it makes sense I guess. I think if I'm allowed to rape a woman I should have the choice to marry her but what do I know.
    11-02-08 07:51 PM
    I didn't quote anything from the Bible. Martin Luther King Jr. isn't in the Bible. Why you thumping the Bible all of a sudden? That's so annoying. Keep it to yourself! Leave us non-believers alone!!!
    hahahaha thats why was asking what your point was. Dude seriously though your funny.
    11-02-08 07:56 PM
    Hey balloon, looks like you were serious about the thread. I can give credit where it's due. Not that you care but I stand corrected. You manned up and followed through. Still disagree but you've earned my respect here. Way to come out swinging.
    11-02-08 09:06 PM
    Balloon Knot, I agree with everything you said in your original post and 99% of what you said in this thread. I have never understood why SOME Christians are so intolerant and hateful. I am not a Christian,but I am a very spiritual person. I could never condemn any human being because of their race, religion, or sexual orientation. Future generations will look back at our treatment of homosexuals with disdain and horror. It's wrong to single any person or group out because they don't fit in the Christian rulebook.

11-02-08 09:38 PM
    Real christians don't condemn anyone for any reason at all! God has given us all free will. And we are also told not to judge others, to love our neighbor. So anyone who does those things aren't being true to the beliefs.

By all means though to the OP, why do you care if I choose to live my life "brainwashed"?

11-02-08 11:24 PM
    Real christians don't condemn anyone for any reason at all! God has given us all free will. And we are also told not to judge others, to love our neighbor. So anyone who does those things aren't being true to the beliefs.

By all means though to the OP, why do you care if I choose to live my life "brainwashed"?
    Because it means that you are inferior and that makes everyone else feel better about themselves. You should try it. Put someone down. It can be a Muslim or an atheist or a gay person. Tell them how wrong they are and mock them. You'll feel better.
    11-02-08 11:33 PM
    How? The OP didn't ask for a discussion or debate. He just started spewing hatred. If I were religious, I wouldn't jump in and start a debate.
    11-03-08 05:54 AM
364 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD