I did, too. lol. Maybe they can explain the meaning. God Bless.
    No meaning really, I just remember someone saying that back when I was younger and I thought it was pretty funny at the time.
    01-12-09 11:03 PM
    In response to Alex, I chose the term Pro-choice only as a quick way to express my stance. Unfortunately as you mentioned there are things tied to it, other isms and beliefs that people assume go along with the term. Baggage. But the same applies to any term. Even the term Christian, which you and I agree is highly tainted and not useful anymore, has connotations.

As for animal spirituality, I concur. Animals were made different from man as stated in the Creation story. A help mate for Adam could not be found in the animals. Thusly God created Eve. And in His image they were created unlike the animals. Now, there is a small section in ecclesiastes that speaks of animals having a soul or spirit. It's ecclesiastes 3:19-21. "I also thought "as for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Man's date is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both; as one dies, so the other. All have the same breath *footnote (or spirit); man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows is the spirit of man goes upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"". *footnote (the last sentence is also translated "Who knows the spirit of man, which rises upward, or the spirit of the animal, which goes down into the earth?"). So perhaps it isn't cut and dry. However these types of debates, as fun as they are, have no real purpose. We'll find out what happens to animals when we pass. We can't change it. What we can change is how we live our lives. And that's all Jesus taught, how to live a life of faith. We all follow something. We all live a certain way. I happen to believe peace is the right way to live. I happen to believe selfless is the right way to live. and every day I live, as I live among people who know what I believe or who don't know me at all, I am telling them about who I believe Christ is. I am doing my best at living the way I believe He told us to. And my hope and prayer is that by doing so "they will see your good works and praise our Father in heaven". Everyday I have to make unknown amounts of choices as to how I react to situations. Whether it's as simple as someone giving me the finger or my wife saying she wants out. I have to choose to react the way I believe Christ wants me to, the way He would. And I fail a great deal of the time, but I learn, apply the lesson, and move on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:34 AM
    I actually laughed at that, but I don't know why.
    Because things are funny when there is truth in them

Scientific fact: Hippies smell.

01-13-09 02:38 AM
    Because things are funny when there is truth in them

Scientific fact: Hippies smell.

No... That's just the patchouli.

01-14-09 12:16 PM
    The smell of petulie oil makes me gag. Yuck. Other than that I like hippies. I too wish I could live in ignorant bliss where peace, love, and happiness were all that existed.
    01-14-09 12:35 PM
    The smell of petulie oil makes me gag. Yuck. Other than that I like hippies. I too wish I could live in ignorant bliss where peace, love, and happiness were all that existed.
    I <3 Hippies I just Wish They just Shaved and Showered.
    01-14-09 01:21 PM
    Living in ignorant bliss... Isn't that also known as being religious??

I knew someone was going to say that. I just wanted to beat them to the punch.

01-14-09 01:46 PM
    I agree with that statement.
    01-14-09 01:57 PM
    By application of logic (yes, mine)...the person that doesn't subscribe to any particular religion/belief in a higher or supreme being(s)...can arguably be called living in ignorant bliss.

The argument can be made that they live in an ignorant bliss because religion casts a set of parameters that ordains an individual to live in a certain capacity/manner...whereas one that self-ascribes their own parameters to live by (with no particular religion)...is living in their own reality created by them; that is therefore blissful to them as an individual.

Self-constructs of most anything; are most always more comfortable.

01-14-09 02:17 PM
    Combined Posts- Please See Next Page
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-14-09 at 03:21 PM.
    01-14-09 03:07 PM
    I can partly agree that being religious connotates being ignorant, but not in the traditional sense.

The Religious are Generally Ignorant Based on the Grounds that, what they are told to believe in they must believe in.

And anything outside of that created "Reality" (IE Anything out of the Kings "Dominion" or Jurisdiction, The Original Meaning Behind "Reality" or to be "Real") would be seen as heretical, or absurd and not worth ones time.

Being Cut Off, and Blindly Following a Given Path in the Hopes that their Actions Will Ultimately Please their "Master" (IE God).

They Neglect to Look outside of their given "Reality", therefore they are not exposed to other "Realities" Effectively Leaving them in the Dark.

So in the most general sense, yes ignorant is the right label-

But it's still in my opinion an ill fitted suit.

~~~

By application of logic (yes, mine)...the person that doesn't subscribe to any particular religion/belief in a higher or supreme being(s)...can arguably be called living in ignorant bliss.
    One Could Equally Argue that Those Who Do Not Ascribe To A Particular Religious Path Are More Aware (I couldnt Think Of any other Antonym for Ignorant ) Of the World Being that They are Not Restricted Nor Limited To a Specific Viewpoint and are Free To Explore the World Without Any Particular Slants, or Biases.

In Other Words, Their Vision Isn't Clouded By Previous Mental Conditionings, Allowing them to truly See What is Happening.

For Example-

A Burnt Grilled Cheese Sandwich Sold On eBay for a TON of Money, Like 28k.

Why?

Because to a Fanatic, it had the Image of Mary on it, and it was a "miracle", a message from Mary, or Xenu, or Whatever.

To the Religiously "Neutral" It would Just Be A Sandwich. In Their Mind They'd Think:

"Why the Heck Would Mary Appear on my Sandwich? Doesn't She Have Better Things to Do? And if it is Her, Doesnt She Have Standards? Like, Couldn't She Pick a BLT?"

LOL

To the Naysayers that don't think this happened, heres the Link to the Story:

'Virgin Mary grilled cheese' sold for $28,000 - Weird news- msnbc.com
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-14-09 at 03:44 PM.
    01-14-09 03:18 PM
    Maybe it's the fact that I have only slept 6 hours since monday morning at 5:30, but I really can't contribute anything intelligent. I am enjoying the conversations.

IMHO (first time I ever used that), I don't believe being ignorant is wrong. Unless you are presented something on which to be educated on, refuse to do so, and make bold statements about whatever it is you refuse to learn about. I hope that made sense.

For Instance, if someone never TRULY experiences the power of Jesus Christ and forms an opinion based on the opinions of others, shame on them. Even if it is a GOOD opinion! They have no idea what they are missing!

Hope that made sense, if not, lack of sleep and I apologize for taking up space!

If it did, I'll try to say something funny to make up for it. Something funny.
    Last edited by jimmiejohnson; 01-14-09 at 08:57 PM. Reason: re read, thought i should add that.
    01-14-09 08:55 PM
    I can partly agree that being religious connotates being ignorant, but not in the traditional sense.

The Religious are Generally Ignorant Based on the Grounds that, what they are told to believe in they must believe in.

And anything outside of that created "Reality" (IE Anything out of the Kings "Dominion" or Jurisdiction, The Original Meaning Behind "Reality" or to be "Real") would be seen as heretical, or absurd and not worth ones time.

Being Cut Off, and Blindly Following a Given Path in the Hopes that their Actions Will Ultimately Please their "Master" (IE God).

They Neglect to Look outside of their given "Reality", therefore they are not exposed to other "Realities" Effectively Leaving them in the Dark.

So in the most general sense, yes ignorant is the right label-

But it's still in my opinion an ill fitted suit.
    Anyone; whether you're a person of 'faith' or not...who neglects to look outside the reality they've chosen to live according to their faith or lack thereof...is ignorant. There are many people of a faith; let's say any of the Abrahamic ones for example...that are conscious and cognizant of the reality outside their own; these are the followers of a faith that become consciously accepting of people outside the reality they have chose to live by.

Reality starts with recognition of differences...if that recognition either doesn't exist; or if the recognition transcends to the unjust treatment of those people that are different from your own reality...that is when reality has been jaded.

One Could Equally Argue that Those Who Do Not Ascribe To A Particular Religious Path Are More Aware (I couldnt Think Of any other Antonym for Ignorant ) Of the World Being that They are Not Restricted Nor Limited To a Specific Viewpoint and are Free To Explore the World Without Any Particular Slants, or Biases.
    I don't disagree with what you've said whatsoever...I only disagree with it when my above take on reality/non-ignorance as a symbiotic relationship...is observed and practiced...not turned a blind eye to.

In Other Words, Their Vision Isn't Clouded By Previous Mental Conditionings, Allowing them to truly See What is Happening.

For Example-

A Burnt Grilled Cheese Sandwich Sold On eBay for a TON of Money, Like 28k.

Why?

Because to a Fanatic, it had the Image of Mary on it, and it was a "miracle", a message from Mary, or Xenu, or Whatever.

To the Religiously "Neutral" It would Just Be A Sandwich. In Their Mind They'd Think:

"Why the Heck Would Mary Appear on my Sandwich? Doesn't She Have Better Things to Do? And if it is Her, Doesnt She Have Standards? Like, Couldn't She Pick a BLT?"

LOL
    I understand what your example above is conveying; and for that sake...your exhibit as proof strengthens your point. However; your example above isn't accurate in the sense that I'm talking moreso on the lines of the effects of reality/ignorance/non-ignorance on the interactions of people to people...not on people and their personal bank account.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 01-15-09 at 03:28 PM.
    01-15-09 03:24 PM
    Christian news and more C001C60B2

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:43 PM
364 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD