4th time now. I've been using this HP laptop for about 5 months now, and it's running so slow. Missing files, drivers are screwed, and so much more.

I really wish I had a Mac.... BUT wouldn't be able to do things to my bb without DM.

Uhhhhg, Vista really needs to go. I wish my Windows 7 beta would be better for the things that I do.
    02-08-09 09:42 PM
    I just went back to using XP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:34 PM
    send me your install disks hahaha
    i can't find any on torrents
    wait.
    what hp do you have?
    02-09-09 12:59 AM
    Dv6000. I have a recovery partition on mine. I just boot from that. Doesn't yours have something like that?

02-09-09 01:01 AM
    I'm running Vista on my computer, and it's great. No issues. I've also got another copy that I was going to turn into a Media Center, but I'm going to build that PC for my wife as I didn't get my HDTV.

I am excited to play with the Win7 beta I downloaded, but Vista has been fine for me.

02-09-09 03:57 AM
    Bypass Vista and go directly to Windows 7 ;-)
    02-09-09 05:53 AM
    I have Vista Home Premium on an HP DV5 laptop. While there are some annoying things about it I haven't come close to a reinstall.
    02-09-09 06:35 AM
    I use my laptop as a primary computer, so it's on all the time. That could be my problem, or it could be that I screw with it so much. I had windows 7 since it came out in public beta, but I deleted it as it wasn't fully supported, while vista is...

02-09-09 07:14 AM
    Sounds like you need a Mac aka computer for *******, never had a problem with Vista x64
    02-09-09 12:09 PM
    This is why I stick with the Media Edition of XP.
    02-09-09 02:01 PM
    Mac's do things better than pc's for what I do. I do A LOT of video editing. Mac's do a lot of things better that pc's can. Pc's do a lot of things that Mac's can't. I use both, and I'm content with both. I don't see why there is a fight between the two. I do think that the build quality of a Mac is better, but pc's are widely used among the common people. I believe the comment about Macs being for "*******" is childish.
    02-09-09 07:12 PM
    IDK who said macs are for *******, but the idea comes from how they market Macs by saying that you barely need to be smart enough to turn one on to use it.

The following link isn't for those who are averse to language... but it's kinda funny in an annoying sort of way...

One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't...

That said.. can't you use virtual PC to use BB DM?
    02-09-09 07:30 PM
    I know they market for the "low end" users. I even know that macs have the stereotype of being only for top class. That's not what I'm getting at. I use Final Cut Pro on the Mac, and it's nothing short of amazing. It does what needs to be done, easily. I love using a Mac, but it's taking a lot of the control out of the user's hands. I like the fact that much of any windows product is "open."

This is how I feel. Certain things need to get done. Pc's might be better suited for the job, or Mac's might be better. I treat the brands equally. I've been a Pc user all of my life, and I will continue to use them (as long as it doesn't crash four times.....). But, Mac's are nothing short of deserving a little respect for what type of computer they are, with such quality backing them up.
    02-09-09 07:43 PM
    I'm not mac bashing... I think tools are for using... and if a tool is good, it should be used.

Vista Business has been very good to me... But it doesn't like media manager either.

I'm pretty certain if you want a Mac, you can do dual boot with Xp and use that!
    02-09-09 07:48 PM
    Perfect Combo: Mac OS X Leopard Dual Booting Windows 7.

That is what I would love to have for my daily.
    02-09-09 07:49 PM
    Dv6000. I have a recovery partition on mine. I just boot from that. Doesn't yours have something like that?

It did.
    being the tech geek I am, i haaaaaaaaad to try a new OS.
    I'm using ubuntu
    and I (stupidly) installed without a partition. So i need the freakin' install disks now.
    baaah. i have the worst luck
    02-10-09 06:56 AM
    It did.
    being the tech geek I am, i haaaaaaaaad to try a new OS.
    I'm using ubuntu
    and I (stupidly) installed without a partition. So i need the freakin' install disks now.
    baaah. i have the worst luck
    I think you need to get them from HP. You can only make one set of backup CD's from the recovery partition, and I'm guessing they'll be geared to your specific machine. There are a gazillion HP pavillion configurations.
    02-10-09 07:38 AM
    You can use any Vista disc to reinstall it assuming you have your product key on the bottom of your laptop. The generic copy wouldn't have the specific drivers for your machine but you could just download them from HP

02-10-09 04:18 PM
    Seven winodws has a lot of bugs and still beta, Ah sucks...!
    02-11-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD