I was a big fan of Windows Mobile PDA Phones. I used to scoff at my father, with his corporate Blackberry, and even though the always on net was cool, I didn't see the big appeal in having push email, I can check my email on my laptop right?

Then I got a Blackberry Pearl. I saw the error of my ways and I am now trying very hard to repent. I got it for a great deal ($90 Canadian, no contract) on Saturday, and just swapped my current Razr's SIM card to the Pearl and added a $15 Unlimited Email & IM plan. I had no inkling of my impending fate.

It is now Monday. The last thing I check before I sleep is the Blackberry, the first thing I see in the morning is the Blackberry. And when I'm working on my laptop, I keep hoping for the tell-tale flashing red light that signals a new email or IM out of the corner of my eye. I have moved my PocketPC Phone (which I use for music and videos) from it's throne in my right pocket (my left holds my keys and wallet) to the inside jacket pocket of my coat, and moved the Blackberry Pearl in so that I do not miss the subtle three vibrations that signal a hit. I am going to install xplayer and move all my mp3s to the 1gb MicroSD and just use that primarily for my MP3. I BB Message while I am in the washroom. The only time it's not with me is when I shower.

I am now hooked on the...*drumroll* Crackberry!

Thanks for reading my post folks, feel free to add my PIN, I love to chat.

EDIT: Oh, and sliced bread has NOTHING on this baby!
    02-04-08 10:31 PM
    the addiction is a sweet one, huh? :]
    02-10-08 09:15 PM
    We really need a coffee pot. All the other addicts get coffee pots, except the coffee addicts. That would be stupid.

You know you can get a water proof case for the BB so you could take it in the shower?
    02-27-08 09:39 PM
    You are officially hooked!!!! Enjoy and Embrace it!!!
    02-27-08 09:49 PM
    I wonder if you put the otterbox case on the phone, could you take it in the shower? hahaha!
    04-12-08 05:10 PM
    i always said that i didn't even need texting or a camera...i just wanted a phone that made and received calls. then, i got my curve for an early graduation present.

I. AM. IN. LOVE. and freely admit my previous foolishness. except, i still think a non-smartphone is better than an iphone. :-)
    05-18-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD