I have a 64 gb micro SD card in my z30. I can access all of the pictures and videos while in the phone with no issues. However, when I take it out and put it in my comp it says that it needs to be reformatted and if I do that it will delete all that's on it.....any suggestions? Why will it not read?
    01-29-15 07:42 PM
    Can't really say why, but there may be a way to fix it. set your berry to usb drive mode, connect to computer, backup all data. then use the phone to format the card, then plug card directly in the computer to check if all is well, then just move whatever you need back onto the card. Sometimes cards crap out, so a backup is a good safe guard. Good Luck.
    01-30-15 01:43 AM
    That's weird. In addition to what he said ^, you could also backup using remote file access.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-30-15 02:25 AM
    What does "comp" mean? Windows (which?), Mac (which), Linux (which?), anything else (which?) ???

The type of the file system on a 64GB SD card created by a Z30 is exFAT. Some OSes have minor problems to recognize this and a very dumb system will not recognize anything and suggest to reformat it. Probably you could give your OS a hint, may also be that you must install a driver for this. My Windows machine mounts my 64GB SD card very well and without any problems. My Linux PC at home needs to be told it's an exFAT file system, but then he does what I want.
    01-30-15 02:26 AM
    What does "comp" mean? Windows (which?), Mac (which), Linux (which?), anything else (which?) ???

The type of the file system on a 64GB SD card created by a Z30 is exFAT. Some OSes have minor problems to recognize this and a very dumb system will not recognize anything and suggest to reformat it. Probably you could give your OS a hint, may also be that you must install a driver for this. My Windows machine mounts my 64GB SD card very well and without any problems. My Linux PC at home needs to be told it's an exFAT file system, but then he does what I want.
    Windows.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:27 AM
    Windows 7

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:27 AM
    I'll give a try to some of the things that were posted and post my findings. Thanks. I have other SD micros and they all seem to work just fine. It's just this one. And I've had it for several months only.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:29 AM
    I've read some card readers are the issue, they don't read the sdxc format. Could you try an external reader that you knows does support them?

Edit. Found this on another forum. Might be worth a try even if it is win8.1 that it came from.

Hi Adam,

1. When you say shows up nowhere else, are you unable to see the card in Device Manager?

2. Are you able to connect and use other external devices/ SD cards without any issues?

3. What is the make and model of the computer?

This issue may occur if the drivers/software for the card is not up to date.

Lets try the following steps and check.

Method 1:

You may try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Refer to the section Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Method 2:

Step 1:

If you are able to see the device in Device Manager or if there any unknown devices appear in in Device Manager, then you may try to uninstall and reinstall the same and check.

a. Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select Device manager.

b. Expand the device in Device Manager and right-click on driver and select uninstall.

c. Restart the computer and check.

You may also refer to the Transcend support to check for and install the latest version of drivers/software for the SD Card and check if it helps.

Step 2:

You may also refer to the computer manufacturer support to install the latest version of chipset drivers and check.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.
    MB64 likes this.
    01-30-15 05:59 AM
    My Windows 7 Ultimate did recognize my 64GB SD card immediately. No problem at all.

Have you ever had another (smaller) SD card to be recognized by this computer?

Did you enable accessing the SD card using USB on the BB device settings? You should also switch off the use of BB Link. The settings for USB and BB Link don't like each other.

If this doesn't help try another computer to find out if the BB device has a problem with any or with your specific computer.
    01-30-15 07:00 AM
    My Windows 7 Ultimate did recognize my 64GB SD card immediately. No problem at all.

Have you ever had another (smaller) SD card to be recognized by this computer?

Did you enable accessing the SD card using USB on the BB device settings? You should also switch off the use of BB Link. The settings for USB and BB Link don't like each other.

If this doesn't help try another computer to find out if the BB device has a problem with any or with your specific computer.
    I have another SD micro that it recognized as soon as I put it in. It was a Sandisk. The one having issues is an HC micro
    01-30-15 09:47 AM
    So as night I though I had backed up my phone on BlackBerry Link. I saw my pictures from the SD card under pictures....I then reformatted the card and when I went to restore all of my pics, they had not backed up. Luckily I had them in an external hard rive and I was at to restore that way. In my company laptop however, the micro SD is recognized. No issues on their. Personal windows 7 comp and company laptop both have windows 7.....

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:06 AM
    Might need an external USB reader for yours.
    MB64 likes this.
    01-31-15 12:18 PM
    So as night I though I had backed up my phone on BlackBerry Link. I saw my pictures from the SD card under pictures....I then reformatted the card and when I went to restore all of my pics, they had not backed up. Luckily I had them in an external hard rive and I was at to restore that way. In my company laptop however, the micro SD is recognized. No issues on their. Personal windows 7 comp and company laptop both have windows 7.....

Posted via CB10
    So you didn't check the folder it "sync'd" to...? 8-o
    Don't trust technology. :-)

Verify!

Try this next time, or discover the SDcard in "(My) Computer)" usually as the Y: drive if BB Link is active. Worst case, copy from the SDcard on the phone itself to the phone storage (even partially in several steps, if not enough free space on the phone) and recover from there (phone memory) ..

This to enable USB storage mode in Settings menu, or even wi-fi access:

Reformat micro SD card issues-img_20150201_073424.png

Reformat micro SD card issues-img_20150201_073430.png

Reformat micro SD card issues-img_20150201_073436.png

Reformat micro SD card issues-img_20150201_073453.png

Good luck, or ahem..., better "luck" next time. :-)
    (Preparation is not "luck".... )

  Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?  
    MB64 likes this.
    01-31-15 03:44 PM