Have you ever sent yourself an email (just so you can save some info, or something), and you receive it on your BlackBerry, but don't check it right away?

But, then, you step away from your device for a while, when you return you see the light flashing RED, and think, "ah, I have a message". Only to check it and see it's the same bloody one you sent to yourself earlier...

Trust me, I've been there, and am sure am not the only one suffering from red light / green light...

...see, am totally addicted!
    03-02-07 10:00 PM
    Oh yeah... been there done that.
    03-02-07 11:22 PM
    Bet you guys just did it again...just to try it
    03-03-07 04:00 PM
    Still do it to this very day. I just hate when I expect a message from "her" and it turns out to be me emailing myself from the future, LOL.
    03-03-07 04:21 PM
    Still do it to this very day. I just hate when I expect a message from "her" and it turns out to be me emailing myself from the future, LOL.
    Classic...I thought I was the only one
    03-03-07 05:41 PM
    I have a script running on my server that sends me an e-mail every hr just to make sure that everything's running smooth, if it doesn't come through then it sends a sms message to my BB telling me something's wrong.
    03-03-07 06:01 PM
    audit01 - am sitting here cracking up! That is excessive, but, am now about to setup the same feature! LMAO!
    03-03-07 09:00 PM
    Love it, Audit01!! Rehab needed or just practical Great idea!!

And here I put myself on the "loser list" thinking it was just me. How nice to belong to such a fine and upstanding "club" - YAH!! I'm not the only one
    03-04-07 12:57 AM
    One of these days, I'm sure my wife will post on here about my addiction or one of my kids will. I've had my Dr tell me that I need rehab a few times or to just change to a regular phone. Chances of that happening are less then -20%
    03-04-07 08:58 AM
    Change to a regular phone? What's that?

As it is I never pickup the house phone. Even if it's the wife calling...!

ps: posted wirelessly...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 03-04-07 at 09:59 AM.
    03-04-07 09:56 AM
    Change to a regular phone? What's that?

As it is I never pickup the house phone. Even if it's the wife calling...!

ps: posted wirelessly...
    The only reason we have a home phone is for major emergencies and for the FAX. And I'm posting wirelessly also from my laptop

I'm busy doing e-mails on my BB.
    03-04-07 10:43 AM
    Coming to think of it, I only have the home phone because Bellsouth says we have to in order to have Internet! A shame really...
    03-04-07 04:02 PM
    The only reason we have a home phone is for major emergencies.
    That's the only reason I keep the home line.
    03-04-07 09:16 PM
    Home phone definitely gives you 100% reliability - just in case.....

Like VoIP is very nice but when the Internet is down so is your phone - technology isn't quite there yet for home lines - IMHO -
    03-04-07 09:33 PM
    Yup... totally addicted to my BB...
    and yea... I'm only ever texted or called
    when I'm away from it for 30 seconds...
    HAHA... or Sleeping...
    The other day I woke up with 8 BB Msngr adds,
    5 messages & a couple missed calls and that was 8:30 am!!!
    I'm not at all a morning person, so nothing's
    ever checked on my BB till around noon! haha!
    03-04-07 11:10 PM
    Same here, land line is purely to have Internet...sad isnt it....and our Sky Satelite....they update here via the phone lines but aside of that never really use the landline and everything is done wirelessly....
    03-05-07 03:25 AM
    Our phone line is over VOIP so if the cable connection is down, so is our phone. That's why my Son, wife and I have a cell. My son's is for emergency's only and that's why he has a BB, because it can take a beating and still work. Our daughter will get her own phone when she reaches middle school in a couple more years.
    03-05-07 08:28 AM
    Yeah, if I haven't received an email in over half an hour, I send one to myself just to make sure everything's working properly. Or I'll send an email from my BB to someone else (even though my PC is right in front of me), just so I can say that I didn't neglect it that day..........like my bb gets depressed if I don't send at least one text message or email from it in a day's time.
    03-05-07 08:33 AM
    I've been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon and been checking to make sure that my BB is still getting e-mails all the time. Since I have my laptop with me, I'm logged into my office over VPN and have been doing everything over that. My BB hasn't been getting that good of a signal in here so I may ask to move rooms or something.
    03-05-07 09:05 AM
    I hope you're getting better, and am glad you have your priorities in the right order:

1. Get better BlackBerry signal...
    2. Get better...

ps: get better soon...
    03-05-07 10:38 AM
    We shut off our landline....hubby has a phone and I have two--one is my BB. We get pretty good signal at home, so I use my BB for internet. I am at my college's computer lab at the moment though--ha ha!
    03-06-07 08:41 AM
    Yap - I'm with Navilyn and your priorities, audit01 ---- and yes, feel better quickly!!

I hope you're getting better, and am glad you have your priorities in the right order:

1. Get better BlackBerry signal...
    2. Get better...

ps: get better soon...
    03-06-07 02:05 PM
    Had a laugh reading that. Sounded waaay too familiar
    07-18-07 02:08 PM
    Yeah I've done it, sometimes I send things to my other email addresses just to hear the different rings! As if I didn't receive enough emails already!! I'm addicted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-07 03:17 PM
    Glad that I am in such good company. If I don't get emails and an hour or so goes by, I will send a test email from my BlackBerry to one of my other email accounts, I have 5 email accounts. When I do it from MSN or hotmail it could take up to 15 or 20 minutes to get it and by the time it finally comes, I think I'm getting a new message but sadly it's just from myself testing the device because I forgot. I also see the light flashing red when it's flashing green. I'll be on the treadmill and I thought I saw it turn red, so I fly off the treadmill and must retrieve the email but there's no new email. I just saw red, or thought I saw red, when in fact it was green all that time. How sad is that. lol

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-21-07 at 11:04 AM.
    07-18-07 06:25 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD