To clarify...

I'm not suggesting police are perfect. They're human, can make mistakes, and indeed like the rest of the population there are going to be some bad apples. This growing distrust though, brought on in large part by bad reporting, is not helping.

Trusting the police in Mexico more? Really?!?
    08-04-15 11:57 PM
    I never thought I'd distrust the police and need to have a recording device either. Now I'd love to have a simple to use reliable app to upload real time to the cloud.

Unless you've been set up by the cops it's easy to say if you're doing nothing wrong you don't have to worry. Every time the blue lights come on, your life is in danger. People think it's OK to worry about terrorists but each year more people are killed by US Civilian cops than any terrorist attack.

I'm white by the way. I have panic attacks just being outside mowing my lawn thinking a cop is coming. Because I lived through it. One arrest can bankrupt you if you're innocent. By the time you post bail and hire a lawyer and go to court and get the charges thrown out you can be 20k in debt.

I can't even imagine driving while being black. Any interaction with a cop is dangerous. And this guy's kid is being taught correctly. Get everything on video if possible.

I feel safer in Mexico than I do in my own country.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    Why would you continue to live in a community, with such fear of those who are there to protect? If I felt that way, I'd have left long ago and never looked back.
    08-05-15 12:11 AM
    To clarify...

I'm not suggesting police are perfect. They're human, can make mistakes, and indeed like the rest of the population there are going to be some bad apples. This growing distrust though, brought on in large part by bad reporting, is not helping.

Trusting the police in Mexico more? Really?!?
    Bad reporting is it? You mean, reporting the facts of the case as it happened? Or are you referring to the report that found institutionalised racism in ferguson police dept?

You're trying to single out one "bad apple", while we have a very good report that lays all the facts that prove the contrary - system is the problem, and individual actions are instances of a wider pattern.

Yes, the police are there to serve and protect, but reality is slightly different and more so for different communities. My experience of living in different countries and working there, inter alia, on police reform, suggests that without sufficient independent oversight, any police degrades from service to force - oppressive and discriminating.

In a situation like this, when the police become a menace, what's wrong with having a little protection in a form of recording. It has nothing to do with trust or respect, I can't imagine why would any cop be offended unless he or she isn't sure they are following the letter of law.

And finally, if a country believes that citizens should have a right to have guns to protect themselves against potentially oppressive government, then I think this country should not have a problem with citizens employing less extreme means (like a recording device/app) to protect themselves against such a government or its agents.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 01:26 AM
    Police are good they are there to protect and serve, put their lives on the line blah blah blah.
    The police are paid servants of the people, except they don't serve the people they serve the law. They are paid to keep order. That's what our police force has become, go ahead and ask a cop and that's the answer you will get. With the militerazation of the cops, jade helm, martial law in Boston, Baltimore, the check points (like in nazi Germany), all the border laws... did you know living next to lake mighigan counts as a border and if they stop you they have the right to search your belongings...Yeah it's that bad. But then Americans will let the TSA grope their children bc terrorists lmfao. The government are the terrorists, they have stolen our freedoms, but as long as we can but **** we are content to put up with anything. Including putting spikes on window stills so the homeless don't sleep on them. Even rounding up the homeless in North Carolina and taking them to Fema camps (that don't exist yeah ok).

While this country goes to **** let's all keep rooting for the guys that are helping the elite get us to that point. Doesn't get much worse than cheering USA! USA! While the police go door to door with no warrents looking for a "terrorist", but I'm sure the US will get much worse in the coming months. Probably cheering USA! as they start rounding up disenters... all the brainwashed sheep will surely be pleased by that.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-05-15 03:33 AM
    This discussion was bordering on "not meant for CrackBerry" to start, so I'll close this before it delves any further into political debate.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-05-15 05:35 AM
30 12