Hello, I'm selling a Q10 to a fellow CB member and he / she wishes to use PayPal. I just made a PayPal account but I haven't used PayPal in years so i.dont remember everything about it.

What do I have to do to receive funds without me paying for any fees?

For example, do I have to add something in my wallet? Like debit card or bank account?

Anything else? Please, help. Thank you .

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:13 PM
    You shouldn't have to add anything to forgo the fees. I believe you just need to have the buyer send the money as a gift. You can then transfer the money to your bank account. You will have to add that info to the paypal account.
    07-27-14 09:31 PM
    Okay, so add my bank account and have the buyer send money as gift? Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:36 PM
    Okay, so add my bank account and have the buyer send money as gift? Is that right?

Posted via CB10
    I believe that's what I've done in the past. Adding your bank account is only to transfer the money once you receive the payment.
    07-27-14 09:41 PM
    Dang, I would really like a for sure answer. Thanks a lot for your reply though, I really appreciate it! Especially since you're the only one that has tried to help lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:50 PM
    Ok, I just talked to a friend who uses it all the time. She says send it as a gift and there won't be a fee attached.
    07-27-14 09:55 PM
    Great! And if I add my bank account to transfer the money over, is there any fees or anything involved? Can I transfer it over as soon as I receive the money? Is it available for withdrawal immediately?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 10:03 PM
    There isn't a fee to transfer it to your bank. But it does take anywhere from 3 to 5 days for it to clear.
    07-27-14 10:28 PM
    They sucks. Is there a way to have the funds you received available for withdrawal quicker? Maybe using a debit card or some other method?

That's why I don't like PayPal and would rather use bank services like chase quick pay. Money is available immediately.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 10:29 PM
    That's the only way to do it without a fee. It does suck that that's the way it is.
    07-27-14 10:33 PM
    Do you know how much the fee or fees are to be able to have the money ready for use or withdrawal sooner? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 10:38 PM
    No I don't. I've only used the fee free services with them.
    07-27-14 10:41 PM
    Do you know how much the fee or fees are to be able to have the money ready for use or withdrawal sooner? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about the fees but transferring it into your bank account is the only way of getting money out of your PayPal account, unless you purchase something through PayPal with it. Set it up now if your going to do it because your bank account must be verified. To do this they transfer a random amount into your account with a reference number and then withdraw it. You have to check your account details and verify the transaction in PayPal with the reference number and amount transferred. That can take a couple of days just doing that.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 04:56 AM
    And you can get a Paypal debit card but if you pull out the money from an atm machine you will get fees incurred, however, you can use the debit card like any other at stores with no fees.
    07-28-14 09:25 AM