Rapunzel's tower was only 2 stories tall.
    06-26-08 01:11 AM
    the term bucaneer- used for a type of pirate back in the day, is actually based on the word boucan which is the french word for what the natives in the carribean called bucann.
    Bucann reffered to the wooden lattice work that the natives used to smoke meats on for food consumption. The spansih then brought over pigs and began to cook them the same way while hiding from the british and French. The British then began to call the spanish pirates 'bucaneers'- those who ate smoked meats.
    Our modern word 'barbeque' is based on the old word bucaneer.
    06-26-08 01:39 AM
    This ones pretty wicked.

Your body shrinks when you sleep.
    06-26-08 11:33 AM
    The Kellogg company was founded an the battle creek sanitarium. Post stole the corn flakes idea from them when he was a patient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 11:52 AM
    No word in the English language rhymes with "Month"
    06-26-08 01:25 PM
    Bring up an old thread because I was about to start something like this.

1. The world's tallest man ever recorded in the history of mankind - Robert Wadlow, was born in Alton, Illinois, in 1918, and was 6 feet tall by the time he was even eight years old. He suffered from the disorder Gigantism that makes the lower portions of the body extremely large, while the head and torso remain at normal sizes. This is caused by a pituitary gland tumor that excretes large amounts of growth hormone, resulting in the disorder that is technically called as acromegalic gigantism. He reached a final height of 8 feet 11 inches at the age of twenty-one years, and finally died of an inflamed leg.

2. The term rule of thumb comes from the old English law that men couldn't beat their wives with anything wider than their thumb.

3. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
    03-22-11 04:36 PM
    Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13
    Paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13

Last edited by ginzel62; 03-23-11 at 03:58 AM.
    03-23-11 03:52 AM
    7 grams make one quarter ounce. (or 6-6.5 depending on how well you know/like them)
    03-23-11 08:06 AM
    The numbers are bad!
    03-23-11 08:38 AM
    Some random/interesting facts about me nobody knew about until now...

-I have a disability that makes me act weird sometimes, I keep forgetting the name of it and, no, it's not a common or popular one at all...
    -I play in a small band.
    -In 2008, I discovered anonymous. After which I attended my first protest and had a damn good time.
    -Popped my knee out more than 50 times back in 2002 right up until 2008 when it mysteriously stopped.
    -Was hit by a car and remained alert the entire time, back in 2007 of July 17th.
    -Wears eye glasses sometimes, but not all the time.
    -Had my left ring finger slammed in a door in kindergarden and the tip was cut off, but stitched on in hospital the same day @ age 2.
    -I own 10 webcams. Three of them are DSC's.
    -My PC is 11 years old, I have a laptop that is 16 years old.
    -I took out a lamp post with a pop bottle filled with sand at age 8.
    -Roofed more than 50 balls at school.
    -Killed a macintosh computer at school, teachers were noobs, I was still learning
    -Was raided by the *chans multiple times, wanted more, got nothing after begging them.
    -Microwaved more than 2000 burned out light bulbs.
    -Posted more than 2,900+ vlogs since 2005.
    -Played Double Dragon II The Revenge, Tecmo World Wrestling and TMNT my whole life, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt came after.
    -Golfed around my neighborhood and only hit 2 cars and took out a window, never got caught.
    -Made 13 windmills from scratch, using broom sticks, coat hangers, fan blades, screws and washers.
    -Has a line of flags spanning from the porch to a street sign.
    -Used linux before ubuntu, Caldera Systems Open Linux eDesktop with windows 95 and 98, DOS and windows 3.1 for almost 13 years before finally trying 2000 and XP, switched to Ubuntu for the majority of computer use in 2007, hence the name Root and my first name, Brian, were merged as one.
    -Joined AOL in 2005 of January, chose Rootbrian and have stuck to that name since.
    -Used to throw **** on the road and watch the vehicles run over it with my friends to see who would get the most stuff crushed.
    -Recharged over 9000 single use batteries, only 100 have leaked to date.

Well, that's basically all.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 03-23-11 at 10:07 AM.
    03-23-11 09:54 AM
    The word "gymnasium" comes from the Greek word gymnazein which means "to exercise naked."

Hmm, we never did anything like that when I was in school.
    03-23-11 11:49 AM
    The word "gymnasium" comes from the Greek word gymnazein which means "to exercise naked."

Hmm, we never did anything like that when I was in school.
    If this was still the case, maybe obesity would not be the problem that it is. I'm thinking that people would frequent the gym more often.

03-23-11 01:25 PM
    By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
    03-24-11 04:52 PM
    No word in the English language rhymes with "Month"
    And "orange"

03-26-11 10:04 PM
    Us and dolphins are the only animals who "get it on" for pleasure...

dont forget the bonobo monkey, who do EVERYTHING we do (including homosexual sex and group sex).
    03-28-11 10:04 AM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD