Find a more confusing license plate lol.
    09-29-08 10:49 AM
    Lol awesome. Let me guess. His name is Jerry?
    Hadn't named him yet but yeah...I think that works!
    09-29-08 11:01 AM
    Well, I told you all that I decided to adopt a weim. Well, it didnt work out that way. When we got to the pound, they didnt have a weim, so i decided to meet a 1 year old german shepherd and a 4 month old lab/chau puppy, but none of the dogs would connect with me. Finally, on the way back, I saw this 3months old pitbull puppy standing on his hind legs, trying to get my attention. I picked him up and he was giving me puppy kisses and was all happy to be held and then he just settled in my arms put his head down and was like: ok, we can go home now. I just couldn't leave him there.

Because of his breed, they don't keep them in there for too long and the lady told me that they euthanize pitbulls within a week. She said there are younger german shepherd puppies if i wanted to look at them, but i was set on this little bull He is my baby now and he follows me around the house like i am his mommy. Never thought I would bond with a pitbull! I suspect though, that he has some dalmatian in him, because he's got some small spots all over him, but we will see for sure when he grows up. Right now it's a lot of walks and play and training.

P.S. I know people think that pitbulls are vicious, but it all depends on the owners and how they treat them and train them. This dog will be socialized and professionally obedience-trained and will be a friend dog, not a guard dog.
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 09-29-08 at 11:50 AM.
    09-29-08 11:46 AM
    Aww. So cute
    09-29-08 11:58 AM
    Very cute puppy, did I miss it where you said his name?
    09-29-08 12:43 PM
    You should have a good deal on the pup and they are completely faithful to their human, he will defend you to the death. Vicious - no more so than any other dog with the same strength but don't abuse them or they are evil. However, they are basically a fighting breed so any opportunity for a scrap with another dog is a great idea. (Hope your neighbors don't have cats )

True existence is based on the concept of three 'F's
    Food, Fighting, erm...
    Oh, and sleeping on the furniture when they think you are not looking. Don't let the pup get away with it, not ever. There is nothing worse than getting woken at 3am by the monster trying to trample your bed into a comfortable doggy nest.

Finally - checkout the different types of harness for walking. These guys are completely incapable of walking to heel for more than a few seconds, and they have more pulling power than a deepsea tug.
    09-29-08 01:12 PM
    My husky, Juno.
    09-29-08 01:17 PM
    Very cute puppy, did I miss it where you said his name?

We cant decide LOL.. Some names so far:

Iceman,
    Ice-T (lol),
    Zeus,
    Ace,
    Hemi (cuz he pulls like one),
    Zeek
    Buddy
    Mojo

Any other suggestions?

You should have a good deal on the pup and they are completely faithful to their human, he will defend you to the death. Vicious - no more so than any other dog with the same strength but don't abuse them or they are evil. However, they are basically a fighting breed so any opportunity for a scrap with another dog is a great idea. (Hope your neighbors don't have cats )

True existence is based on the concept of three 'F's
    Food, Fighting, erm...
    Oh, and sleeping on the furniture when they think you are not looking. Don't let the pup get away with it, not ever. There is nothing worse than getting woken at 3am by the monster trying to trample your bed into a comfortable doggy nest.

Finally - checkout the different types of harness for walking. These guys are completely incapable of walking to heel for more than a few seconds, and they have more pulling power than a deepsea tug.

I have realized the walking and pulling thing yesterday when he nearly choked himself pulling away to meet another dog. So I bought a harness today

As far as sleeping goes, we bought him a crate yesterday and i thought he would keep me awake but he was fine. I put the crate in the bedroom. What i did was: i waited till he was very very tired and then i took him to the crate half asleep, sat near him while he was laying in there and pet him and rubbed his tummy till he fell asleep. Then, when he was totally asleep i left the crate door open, turned the lights off and went to bed. He slept in there all night, didnt cry, didnt whimper and didnt go to bathroom When I woke up this morning i turned the lights on and he woke up too and just came out of there like it was nothing, i gave him some food and we went out for a walk. So far so good, and i hope it continues to be this easy to house break and crate train him. And of course there is someone there with him during the day.
    09-29-08 01:33 PM
    My husky, Juno.
    That is a beautiful wolfie!
    09-29-08 01:35 PM
    You have cute dog. I'm glad that you found dog and save it from getting killed I hate to see animals being but down for reason at like that.
    09-29-08 08:33 PM

Iceman,
    Ice-T (lol),
    Zeus,
    Ace,
    Zeek
    Buddy
    Mojo
    I vote for Ice-T
    09-30-08 04:53 AM

Iceman,
    Ice-T (lol),
    Zeus,
    Ace,
    Zeek
    Buddy
    Mojo

Any other suggestions?
    Cocaine
    Brooklyn
    Bronx
    Flex

I really like Hemi though, and since you're a "car guy" something car related I think makes sense.
    09-30-08 09:27 AM
    I vote for hemi too.

~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 12:50 PM
    Cocaine
    Brooklyn
    Bronx
    Flex

I really like Hemi though, and since you're a "car guy" something car related I think makes sense.
    Ink she is going to put the smack down on you for calling her a "car guy" better look again!!!!!!
    Last edited by Threefive; 09-30-08 at 12:58 PM.
    09-30-08 12:55 PM
    Pixel - the spots may because of his white color. My 1 year old chihuahua is white with the spots too.

This pic was taken a year ago. Petey (Pistol Pete) is the bigger one and Bullet is the little one. They are the same size now.

09-30-08 01:12 PM
    Cocaine
    Brooklyn
    Bronx
    Flex

I am going to run you over with my G35 for a comment like that.
    09-30-08 01:16 PM
    Nice knowing you Inkwell!! Oh yeah Pix sweet car BTW.
    09-30-08 01:19 PM
    I vote for hemi too.

~ vndlewis

Thank you all for your input. After much research and blah blah blah instead of working, we have settled on...... KAISER. *trumpets* It's easy to say, not too girly, not too mean. It's easy to say, and short enough for the pup to get used to. Would you believe they named him Rock at the pound? LOL

Ok, i am probably blinding my dog with my camera. But he is just so cute! I promise to stop advertising my dog in this thread and get back to taking pix of weird and funny stuff

09-30-08 01:37 PM
    He is a keeper.

You can see Bullets spots in this pic.

09-30-08 01:45 PM
    Ink she is going to put the smack down on you for calling her a "car guy" better look again!!!!!!
    Oh I don't subscribe to the notion that because she is a woman/girl she isn't a "car guy". A woman can be a "car guy" too.

Luigi
    09-30-08 03:52 PM
    pixe those are cute pics of your dog! Hey all I just took some strange pics today but not too sure that I can post them on here, my friend and I were goofing around at wal mart in the bra section and condom section not to sure I can post some of those pics.
    09-30-08 06:11 PM
    pixe those are cute pics of your dog! Hey all I just took some strange pics today but not too sure that I can post them on here, my friend and I were goofing around at wal mart in the bra section and condom section not to sure I can post some of those pics.
    Your reputations will be safe with us
    10-01-08 06:33 AM
    Just remember that this is a family forum and there are minors on here, so if you have doubts about posting then I wouldn't post them.
    10-01-08 08:44 AM
    Cool pix I took i with my Curve......
    10-01-08 10:00 AM
    I think you should. Besides, he said one of the names for your dog should be Cocaine. Oh that Luigi. I like the name you chose in the end. Very regal.
    10-01-08 12:16 PM
925 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD