whoever said mountain dew volt doesn't glow lied!!!!

09-19-09 12:57 AM
    ^^That a black light?
    09-19-09 01:01 AM
    At Pixel8rberry:

I pop into this thread once in a while - like to see what others have snapped with their cameras (nice sammich, btw) - couldn't help but notice your other photo and explaination on why you felt you needed a new cellphone with a nasty surprise contained within.

I'll try to be brief with my comments (this after all being a BB-site/pictures thread).

Firstly, congrats on being pro-active with your personal safety and deciding to pick up a non-lethal defense device for protection.
    My concern however for you, or anyone who has one of these "tazers" is twofold:

1: have you attended a personal self-defense class?
    2: have you been briefed on the limitations / reasonable expectations for the device?

I only mention this, because a lot of people get these things with no real training on them, which can lead to causing a victim more harm than good.

If you have, Bravo. A non-lethal weapon is still a weapon, any of which involves specific cautions, proper techniques for maximum effectiveness, and their own limitations of design.
    Taking the time to enrole in a self-defense course and getting proper training shows good judgement on anyones part.

If not: highly recommended to do so.

Everyone has the right to personal safety and defense - but education is a paramount, to learning techniques and best advice that could save your life.

*even if you HAD a tazer-gun, it was a far better idea to hand your purse over to a potentially handgun-weilding thief, my humble opinion.

Last comment - try to wrap this up quickly...
    "Don't depend on one form of defense".

A Tazer requires you to be in VERY close proximity to your assailant (unless you're using a 20" stun-baton, but there goes your element of surprise), and needs a few seconds of direct muscle-contact to be most effective.

It's what I would call a defense weapon of last resort.
    Handheld Tazers are also notoriously difficult to use against someone in heavier winter clothing - and can be knocked out of your hand in a struggle.

I would *suggest* making the Tazer a secondary defense weapon - and having a Primary one that doesn't require such close contact to ward off an attacker.

A friend picked up a T-100 self defense flashlight from TigerLight a bit back - which I think is one of the better self-defense devices out there.
    The flashlight would be helpful when you walk your dogs at night, but the real surprise is the Pepper-Spray you can direct at someone quickly, if they approach.

http://www.tigerlight.net/Home_Page.html

Quick overview here, on the T-100:

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...gerlight-t100/

Pepper-Spray does have limitations as well... (Which again: a training course will show you these) but it can still be used at a greater distance from your assailant - doesn't require direct contact with them, in most instances.

Only a suggestion though.
    Everyone's needs and comfort levels, with choice of carry are different.

Hopefully you or anyone else here will never have to use a weapon - non-lethal or otherwise - on an attacker...
    Be safe.
    That IS a sweet looking "cellphone" though.
    09-19-09 03:31 AM
    ^^I agree, my issue is that once u taze them...then what? If you havent opened your door u still have to "get away" and if the guy really has a gun you could be in trouble and then he would be pissed...
    09-19-09 03:59 AM
    ^^That a black light?
    No its a surefire flashlight pointed through the bottom of the bottle of a mountain dew volt. I was just messing around and it turned on and looked cool. Lol I'm going to experiment more with the different colors and see what I can come up with lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 06:44 AM
    ^^I agree, my issue is that once u taze them...then what? If you havent opened your door u still have to "get away" and if the guy really has a gun you could be in trouble and then he would be pissed...

Trust me, I am not naive. There is no defense against a gun pointed in your face. As for what to do once you have tazed them? Electric shock converts blood sugar to lactic acid, thus incapacitating the person and giving you enough time to escape while he is on the ground weak, in pain and disoriented.

watch this video of what just 1-2 seconds can do:

a full discharge is definitely going to cause a lot more pain and possibly brain damage, cardiac arrest or even death. hopefully, I will never have to use it.

At Pixel8rberry:

I pop into this thread once in a while - like to see what others have snapped with their cameras (nice sammich, btw) - couldn't help but notice your other photo and explaination on why you felt you needed a new cellphone with a nasty surprise contained within.

I'll try to be brief with my comments (this after all being a BB-site/pictures thread).

Firstly, congrats on being pro-active with your personal safety and deciding to pick up a non-lethal defense device for protection.
    My concern however for you, or anyone who has one of these "tazers" is twofold:

1: have you attended a personal self-defense class?
    2: have you been briefed on the limitations / reasonable expectations for the device?

I only mention this, because a lot of people get these things with no real training on them, which can lead to causing a victim more harm than good...

...Everyone's needs and comfort levels, with choice of carry are different.

Hopefully you or anyone else here will never have to use a weapon - non-lethal or otherwise - on an attacker...
    Be safe.
    That IS a sweet looking "cellphone" though.
    You are right. I am tiny, and being a woman, as the police put it, have a virtual target painted on my back. But even if I was trained in self-defense, there isn't much I can do vs 6ft 200+lb man.

The "tazeberry" has a flashlight but it's not that comfortable to hold in your hand. It was knocked out of my hand when my dog had a sudden urge to go chase a cat.

To wrap it up, I was lucky there was no actual gun involved. I still walk my dogs in the dark.

No one goes near me when this baby is around, even in daylight. Now let's get back to posting funny and cool pictures. I am sure everyone is already bored with our conversation
    09-19-09 10:51 AM
    I would post my dog if I knew how to post straight from my BB. Someone please PM me or PIN me with the info.

09-19-09 11:33 AM
    Agreed - wishing you no more unpleasant encounters!

Beautiful dog, Pixel8rberry - what breed is she/he?
    09-19-09 11:41 AM
    Agreed - wishing you no more unpleasant encounters!

Beautiful dog, Pixel8rberry - what breed is she/he?
    Thank you, he is a shelter mutt. When we adopted him (3 months old) his papers said APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier). When he grew up his vet identified him as an Argentine Dogo/Pointer mix. I could have sworn this dog is half-clown

I have posted these photos before, but I still laugh every time I look at them. I came by at lunch time to take him for a walk. He was about 5 months old, i think. Turns out he was bored and decided to rip up his brand new bedding. He was feeling very sorry:

Last edited by pixel8rberry; 09-19-09 at 12:24 PM.
    09-19-09 11:51 AM
    Funny picture of Puppie feeling remorseful- Lol.

OK- going to *attempt* to paste a photo in here with Flickr acct. If it doesn't work, then I guess I'll take my noob beating. Whatever.

If it does work, my Mom's cat says hello. She basicly does nothing but eat and lays in the sun all day. The cat that is, not Mom.

******* edit *******
    Well, halfway there. Now I just need to do it so photos don't look postage-stamp-sized.
    Fook it. Tired, me go bed now.
    I'll futz with it tomorrow.

Nighterz, pixel8r.
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 09-20-09 at 02:27 AM.
    09-20-09 02:02 AM
    Make this would help keep the robbers away?
    Are these yours, and are those black talons????
    09-21-09 05:46 AM
    My next phone

09-21-09 07:28 AM
    My next phone

Clintro I can't see the photo. It might just be me.
    09-21-09 07:29 AM
    It is just you..... LOL.... I can see it??

09-21-09 07:36 AM
    My next phone

OMG big buttons and 0" display. And it's by Lucent! Where can I get one?!?!?!?
    09-21-09 07:52 AM
    It is just you..... LOL.... I can see it??

Yeah it is just me. LOL
    09-21-09 07:59 AM
    Pass him every morning...
    09-21-09 10:04 AM
    don't wear red!
    09-21-09 10:27 AM
    Oh that's a lot of bull!!!
    09-21-09 10:32 AM
    You think? you should see his... ummm... other end...

Oh that's a lot of bull!!!
    09-21-09 10:43 AM
    Are these yours, and are those black talons????
    yes those are mine, but the rounds are just some cheepy Wolf steel cased rounds, nothing special.
    09-23-09 03:25 AM
    What I do on my free time at home LOL (its a piece of an orange)
    09-23-09 10:10 AM
    yes those are mine, but the rounds are just some cheepy Wolf steel cased rounds, nothing special.
    Oh I couldn't really tell, but they are nice. I have a very nice collection myself.
    09-23-09 10:27 AM

09-23-09 10:38 AM
    What I do on my free time at home LOL (its a piece of an orange)
    Oh I thought you didn't own a toothbrush!!!!
    09-23-09 10:40 AM
925 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD