I personally love a full qwerty keyboard. I've tried the SureType on a friend of mines BB and disliked it. So I guess it's a full qwerty keyboard all the way!

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-25-07 at 10:13 AM. Reason: just tried the SureType this morning and it was a no go
    07-24-07 01:29 PM
    I need the phone to be small and thin, so I don't mind the trade off of not having full qwerty. I got used to SureType in minutes and can fire off a message with it just as fast.
    07-24-07 01:32 PM
    I really like the 7250 full qwerty keyboard. It is probably the best one out of all the BBs. They keys are a nice size and evenly spaced. I tried the 8830 and the keys were all touching and it just seems cramped. As for suretype, I think I will stay away unless maybe Verizon gets the pearl later this year. I would really like to get the curve for Verizon, that device looks like it has a nice keyboard like the 72xx series devices.
    07-24-07 01:33 PM
    I love having a small cellphone - not a fan of the "Batman Utility Belt" look. Too much stuff hanging from the belt makes me look like a geek (whether or not I am is a different issue).

I've had WM devices, Palms and a few different BB's. The pearl was *almost* the perfect compromise for the. But it made enough mistakes so that it was annoying and slowed me down. Also found the screen a bit small.

Then came the Curve! It's small enough, with nice rounded corner (unlike the 8800) so that it slides right into a pocket comfortably, but it has a big screen and a full qwerty keyboard. For me - it's the perfect compromise. Can't imagine a smaller qwerty kybd being usable (this one is, btw), but I don't want a phone any larger than this. For me: the curve is perfect.
    07-24-07 01:39 PM
    the suretype takes a while to get use to but it works great for me. i am pretty fast with it now
    07-24-07 03:46 PM
    When I bought my first cellphone/pda with qwerty keyboard, I stuck.
    There is no way for turning back
    07-24-07 03:52 PM
    Qwerty!!!!!!
    07-24-07 05:52 PM
    Full Qwerty for me too!!

I agree with Trevorhiller, coming from a 7250, I think that had a great keyboard. My 8830 is a little cramped, but surprisingly my thumbs do ok with it.

I'm waiting for the CDMA version of the Curve. It's got a great keyboard layout.
    07-24-07 06:01 PM
    Qwerty for me.

Now if I could just get my laptop to insert a period when I double space, like the BB does.
    07-24-07 07:09 PM
    I know, I frequently type bb waiting for my pc to insert BlackBerry.
    07-24-07 09:27 PM
    I prefer the qwerty keyboard over suretype any day. I came from a Palm Treo 650 which I loved the keys on it, but the 8800 keyboard though it is cramped for many, I find the keyboard design pretty cool and easy to use whereas I can fire off sms & emails quickly without breaking my long nails imagine that. lol
    07-25-07 07:54 AM
    qwerty, no question
    07-25-07 10:55 AM
    i have a 7100 with Suretype and the 8300 with full qwerty and i have to say i much prefer the full qwerty...
    i can type pretty fast with the suretype, but it's just a lot easier with the qwerty... dont have to wait for it to think about the words
    07-25-07 11:03 AM
    Prefer full qwerty over suretype. Makes typing just that much easier for me!
    07-25-07 11:10 AM
    I don't care for suretype myself. I have a half qwerty board & I'm sure I'll be a slow poke once I upgrade to the 8830. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-07 12:00 AM
    Why can't all BB's have a full qwerty keyboard? Why do some have suretype? Is it the design of the BlackBerry that determines which one it will have?

Gia
    08-12-07 07:34 AM
    I have both, I would say that 9 times out of 10 the Qwerty will win. I like to switch it up and go suretype just to keep my thumbs in shape and not get lazy! lol
    Chad~
    08-12-07 09:19 AM
    Good morning Gia, its always nice to read your posts I can switch between suretype & the tap method on my bb. When I upgrade "granny" (7130e) to an 8830, it will have a full qwerty. I wonder if I'll still be able 2use 1 thumb? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, a half qwerty is a key pad w/2 letters on most keys but the 1st three keys spell out qw er ty, right? I'm so stoked, I can't wait to get a new bb.

08-12-07 10:09 AM
    Hello Can't Live Without My BB,

Thank you. I enjoy your posts as well. I am currently using the full qwerty key pad but I did try the suretype and disliked it but if memory serves me correctly, I believe you are correct in what you said. I'm not awake yet. Got in a midnight from celebrating my girlfriend's birthday in Manhattan! We all had our BB's with us.........and each of us had a different model. It was very cool. Trying to get them to join the forum too.

Well a warm good morning to you,
    Gia
    08-12-07 10:26 AM
    Gia, I'm sooo jealous. I miss Manhattan and NJ......OMG I know you gals had an awesome time. if all of my girlfriends had bb's I would surely be one step closer to heaven....lol Did you all talk or just email and IM each other?
    08-12-07 10:41 AM
    Dear Can't Live Without My BB,

We all stayed together as a group and we were emailing our significant others so they wouldn't feel neglected. It was so funny to see all of us whipping out our BB's at the same time. There were about 50 people in total at the party. It was held at a friend's place The funny thing is after I got home, they were emailing me from their BB's about what a great time they had. What more could you ask for: gals with their BB's having a blast in Manhattan and they are addicted to BB too.

By the way, they all had full qwerty keyboards. Can you imagine I asked them the question, and they said "what are you doing a survey?". I said yes I am and then I proceeded to tell them about the forum. I have to get it in when I can and share the joy we all have with the forum to fellow BB people. Hey you know me, the more the merrier. lol

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 08-12-07 at 11:02 AM.
    08-12-07 10:52 AM
    It doesn't get any better than that! Essentially that's what life is ALL about: friends n bb's. What else would you possibly need? Lol oh I 4got food, water, a job, and family. Lmao.... The addiction continues

08-12-07 10:57 AM
    I have had both types, and I do prefer a full keyboard!!!
    08-12-07 02:12 PM
    I'm finally leaving VZW today! I'm looking for that 2nd device, not sure which one I'll get - but it absolutely MUST have a camera on it, since Hobson doesn't have one.

I looked at the Pearl over the weekend (read:drool, ha ha ha). is that what they call a half qwerty keyboard? I liked the shape, size and feel of the pearl - I'm half tempted to get that (without the BB plan, since Hobson already has one) instead of just a plain cell phone... I just need something smaller to carry like when I'm walking the dog, going to a concert, etc....

What shall I do????
    08-13-07 10:16 AM
    To my dear friend Dubya El,

Me personally, I would get anything that is fully loaded and has a full qwerty keyboard. I tried the suretype and I didn't care for it at all. For me, I don't care how thick, big, long or skinny the device is............I just want it to have everything and thensome. lol

Looks aside, whatever new one I get, it must have all the perks..........I'm still holding out probably until 2008. I just got mine this year on Valentine's Day so whatever new one I buy, it's got to blow me away before I buy it. If it's got a little bit of everything, like an antipasto, then I will buy it without hesitation. I still want that 9 series which unfortunately probably won't launch until mid 2008........the way things are going.

Good luck with whatever you buy. Please let us know what you get and how you love it in comparison to Hobson.

Gia
    08-13-07 10:58 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD