So an over-extension of credit and spending got us into this problem. The government's solution is to over extend credit and spend too much? We have two places to get this money

1. Borrow money from China(issue t-bonds)
    A. China already holds more than 2 trillion dollars worth of our debt, I doubt they want anymore. Especially considering China is the main driving force behind the one world reserve currency.
    2. Let the Federal Reserve print the money.
    B. If we print this 3 trillion dollars(low end expectation) imagine what it will do to the value of the currency we already have. The dollar is already on the slide, and printing this money will further weaken it. Many economists(the ones that predicted the housing bubble busting) are saying that the dollar is going to crash.

So the question is, what is the solution?

Well my answer is to cut government spending. Currently entitlement spending comprises about half of our budget(medicare, medicaid, social security, welfare, etc) programs like this either need to be cut, or severly reformedm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 01:02 AM
    I'd like to see the politicians work for a $1 a year till they start running a profitable enterprise.
    And if it isn't enumerated in the Constitution, eliminate it!

04-03-09 04:05 AM
    Here you go... this came to me in an e-mail and makes more sense than anything else I've heard.

Subject: Stimulus that makes sense

Patriotic retirement, stimulus that makes sense. This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. TheBusiness Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix theEconomy?"

Dear Mr. President,

There's about 40 million people over 50 in the workforce - pay them $1 million apiece severance with the following stipulations:

1. They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
    2. They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
    3. They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

This is the first suggestion that I really understand!!!!!!!
    04-03-09 07:12 AM
    the only thing that will fix our country is jobs.

jobs = making money.
    jobs = making products
    jobs = services to help everyone else
    jobs = a way to better our county

but the problem is we have 3rd and 4th generation of people that grew up only knowing welfare. And they don't want to work, so untill you get people to work, you won't fix the problem. Untill then give me my government cheese
    04-03-09 07:55 AM
    Lmao!!!!!!!

04-03-09 06:32 PM
    If you cut or take away Government entitlement spending, the March on Washington will look like a bar on Tuesday night. People will be all over it.

Ever seen a fata$$ run for their KFC? Its not a pretty sight. Take away the money for KFC... Holy ****. I don't want to imagine it!!

04-03-09 08:17 PM
    It is the debate of the last 80 years. People criticize FDR for doing too much and prolonging the depression and many criticize him for not doing enough for not long enough. It is the (simplistic explanation, but enough for this thread) Keynesian idea of using deficit spending to prime the pump and get the economy going. We under-regulated Wall Street and it obvious what the result of that was - for everyone but right wing zealots who bury their heads in the sand and ignore the facts. I'm really too tired to argue the points with those who would cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Well, we now have the experiment on-going. If these ideas of priming the pump work, I don't expect any of those who complain and whine to admit they were wrong. But if it doesn't work, I will come back and admit I was wrong and vote for a Republican in the next election. I am big enough to admit it when I am wrong, we'll see if those on the other side are as well. I think I already know the answer to that.
    04-04-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD