Shouldn't so called "tolerant" people be more tolerant of the intolerant people in the world?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 06:17 AM
    good question.

But being "Tolerant" would mean I have to open minded, and for one I am a "right wing" type of person, I do not believe in Killing Babies, I do not believe people that have caused any type of hurt or death to a family should be aloud to go free (yes i believe in the death sentence). I believe that one has the right to carry a firearm, and drive foreign cars, or american cars. But i not going to set here and support ideas, or actions, that cause down fall to this nation. We live in a nation that was founded ON Basic Godly ideas, of equality for everyone. Notice i said EQUALITY, not one group get speical laws protecting them. On laws based on "you work, you eat" for lack of better terms. But we live in a country where the basis of life is set around and collect welfare for doing nothing, and some of those people have the idea of try and touch me. I'm a different color, i have protection rights. Or the every popular "i was born this way". no the eff you were not born that way, "in the beginning it was Adam and Eve" - not "Adam and Steve". And you do not see that lifestyle lived/carried out in the wild. But they are protected because of one reason or another, or supported by said Pepsi Co. company, McDonald's, Disney and various other mega companies.

So being Tolerant?!?!?! i dont think so... i'll keep on packing my 9mm, Loving my wife, Loving the USA, and supporting those ideas that made us great. In fact i have a bumper sticker on my car that reads " Tolerance = Being so open minded that your brain fell out"
    04-03-09 07:42 AM
    Shouldn't so called "tolerant" people be more tolerant of the intolerant people in the world?

Absolutely Yes.

But, I've found that most of *these folks* ( subject to definition, of course) are only tolerant of those within their own ideological camp. So, for example, if I subscribe to a different political philosophy and governing ideology, tolerance doesn't apply. If I subscribe to their political philosophy, I can do almost anything or govern myself personally according to just about any ideology and be *tolerated*. Huge double standard.

And I would disagree with mjneid (on this and several points, frankly) ... if by "right wing" you mean conservative. Conservatism has less to do with *equality* and is more focused on *liberty*. This one drives the *tolerance* crowd nuts.

A huge amount to say on this / these topic(s) if this thread continues.
    Last edited by taddley; 04-03-09 at 10:00 AM.
    04-03-09 09:07 AM
    What up VD??!!! Where you been brother?
    04-03-09 02:39 PM
    You certainly don't see the allegedly tolerant practice what they chant, do you?

I have shed blood and lost acquaintances brothers defending what is right, and give little credence to those who try and tell me I'm wrong to do so. They have minimal comprehension the price of freedom, until they themselves have lost it.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

And the tree of liberty is nourished with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

04-03-09 06:39 PM
    good question.

But being "Tolerant" would mean I have to open minded, and for one I am a "right wing" type of person, I do not believe in Killing Babies, I do not believe people that have caused any type of hurt or death to a family should be aloud to go free (yes i believe in the death sentence). I believe that one has the right to carry a firearm, and drive foreign cars, or american cars. But i not going to set here and support ideas, or actions, that cause down fall to this nation. We live in a nation that was founded ON Basic Godly ideas, of equality for everyone. Notice i said EQUALITY, not one group get speical laws protecting them. On laws based on "you work, you eat" for lack of better terms. But we live in a country where the basis of life is set around and collect welfare for doing nothing, and some of those people have the idea of try and touch me. I'm a different color, i have protection rights. Or the every popular "i was born this way". no the eff you were not born that way, "in the beginning it was Adam and Eve" - not "Adam and Steve". And you do not see that lifestyle lived/carried out in the wild. But they are protected because of one reason or another, or supported by said Pepsi Co. company, McDonald's, Disney and various other mega companies.

So being Tolerant?!?!?! i dont think so... i'll keep on packing my 9mm, Loving my wife, Loving the USA, and supporting those ideas that made us great. In fact i have a bumper sticker on my car that reads " Tolerance = Being so open minded that your brain fell out"
    Thanks man. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time.

04-03-09 07:39 PM
    I have shed blood and lost acquaintances brothers defending what is right, and give little credence to those who try and tell me I'm wrong to do so. They have minimal comprehension the price of freedom, until they themselves have lost it.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

And the tree of liberty is nourished with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Well said and thank you for your service to the country and the cause of freedom and liberty.

04-03-09 08:57 PM
    good question.

AAAAAAMEN!!!!!!

04-03-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD