and I'm absolutely loving it, did my every couple year reformat and threw foxfire on
    just to check it out, any tips? add ons I should get?
    I'm thinking of getting Thunderbird and open office also, maybe try something outside of windoze, Is it worth it, I've got the full office suite, and I do use it, any thoughts
    08-23-08 11:04 PM
    do you mean FIREFOX?
    08-23-08 11:41 PM
    Try Coloriris Preview: You hover over the icon and it will
    show you a preview of the website.

Keyscrambler (not a sub for a good firewall and anti-virus)
    and Video Downloader are also quite nice.
    08-23-08 11:41 PM
    Thanks AG, next time I get a minute alone, I'll check those out.
    It's almost like a new pc, put "firefox" on, no one else wants to try it, so I have my own browser, also got a smokin deal on kapersky with 3 licenses, so I have some learnin to do.
    What about the 3D add on?
    Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 12:29 AM
    It is a great browser IMO. I have been using 3.0 on the desktop,
    haven't got around to upgrading the laptop.

Just started checking out the add-ons and plug-ins.
    Let me know what you find useful, I'll do the same.
    08-24-08 01:44 AM
    I have dozens of plugins on my firefox. My favorite is the one that I can have the web page read to me using the accessibility voice feature. I also use thunderbird for email and open office. In my opinion is just as good as MS office and outlook in not better. I wouldn't even US windows if it weren't for gaming. I will stop before I go into their government sanctioned monopoly discussion mode.

08-24-08 01:47 AM
    so far I have the cool iris previewer (very cool), adblock plus (nice), don't bug me (not seeing this working), and the nasa night launch theme. I really am impressed.
    storyno, does open office play well with converting word and excel docs, (is it easy to convert each way?)
    08-24-08 07:33 AM
    I have been using Firefox for a few years, and I absolutely love it. I don't think I could ever go back to Internet Explorer, there is just no comparison between the two.
    08-24-08 07:37 AM
    Yup, it's a great browser, no doubt about it.

As for add-on's, I like All-in-One gestures (using mouse to control browser window), ForecastFox (weather), Download Status Bar (nuff said), FlagFox (find out location of server) and AdBlock (again no explanation needed).

I have had Thunderbird for some years already. It's a good, free alternative to MS Outlook. Some functionality is n/a, but hey, no biggie..
    08-24-08 09:03 AM
    storyno, does open office play well with converting word and excel docs, (is it easy to convert each way?)
    I have only had one problem and that was with the spreadshet from a site called mmocharts (I don't have the link on my BB) the complex formulas it has didn't work. But that may be different on the latest version.

08-25-08 12:20 AM
    Ok, now the big ?? Will thunderbird sync with desktop manager for my contacts and calender? I started to install it and stopped myself because of this. If I can, i'm all in, if not I'll have to stick with MS..

08-25-08 12:48 AM
    I have no clue about sync with thunderbird. I don't sync my BB. I just backup using the backup app in DM. I know thunderbird can import from certain file types exported from other apps. So if there isn't a direct sync you may be able to use the import option.

08-25-08 03:47 AM
    Personally I'm a fan of safari... I think its way faster and I think it is also more secure....

08-25-08 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD