I often have change in my pocket at the end of the day. So I was thinking, if I put 50 cents in a jar every day for 10 years how much would I have?
    1825 bucks...that's not too bad! What about over 50 years?? That's $9125! I know that would take a long time,
    But just 50 cents a day...that is pretty good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 06:16 PM
    or you could put a dollar in a jar everyday.
    03-09-09 06:21 PM
    Yay! You can do simple math! Time÷2=Dollar amount saved!

Sorry for the jibe .
    But really, that is a good idea. Even $1/day would be nice.
    I wish I could always put money away from my paycheck. $50 every pay period would be ideal.
    Unfortunately, life seems to always get in the way, and the bills still stack up. :[

03-09-09 06:23 PM
    A dollar is even better haha

I know its simple math... But 18 grand for a dollar a day? That's come cash for just a dollar a day.

And I actually did it the long way haha, .50 times 365 times 50 hahaha
    03-09-09 06:24 PM
    You know the whole loose change in a jar thing... I took it a step further a few years ago. I was carrying cash a lot and ddecided to always try to use bigger bills and NOT use 1's - at the end of the day I'd put the 1's in a coffee cup.

This was for a particular purpose - BEER. I wanted to attent the Great American Beer Fesival. That is one stinkin' expensive beer fest. Anyhow, I managed to "save" over $250 in a little over 5 months without really feeling any pinch to the budget.

That was a few years ago - now I use rge debit / credit card for everything. I carry cash maybe once a month. I only get cash for stuff like car washes (coin operated) or when traveling - for tips and such.

Any ideas on how to put the practice of loose change or $1 bills when using plastic? The Great American Beer Fest is in October and it's $50 a ticket.

03-09-09 06:28 PM
    Bank of america has save the change...rounds up every purchase and puts the difference in your savings haha

I need to make the font on my berry bigger haha, I mess up typing too much.

03-09-09 06:31 PM
    Or you could think put away $1000 a year into guaranteed investments. After 8 years you"ll have about $10 000. Then you just put it in yearly and take the interest. New Blackberry every year... For free

03-09-09 07:24 PM
    Are we pathetic? We think of saving money and immediately start spending it on beer and blackberry.

Or are we just realistic? After all - a few bucks in my pocket and I'm thinkg beer and apps.

03-09-09 08:42 PM
    I put a lot away 20 in one bank every pay 20 in another bank 20 to rsp and 300 to a savings account on a third bank ... Every month minus I have less for the month but more in the long run

03-09-09 08:42 PM
    Hows that pathetic? You have 10 grand away incase you ever need it. You get a free blackberry every year. Sorry to upset everyone but Blackberrys are the biggest waste of money. Who needs a new phone every 10 - 12 months? "Oh I had the 8310 then I bought the 8330 and a few months after that I'm onto the 8900 " Super... They all do the same thing. But if your getting them for free... Well now it doesn't seem so stupid
    03-09-09 09:02 PM
    Hows that pathetic? You have 10 grand away incase you ever need it. You get a free blackberry every year. Sorry to upset everyone but Blackberrys are the biggest waste of money. Who needs a new phone every 10 - 12 months? "Oh I had the 8310 then I bought the 8330 and a few months after that I'm onto the 8900 " Super... They all do the same thing. But if your getting them for free... Well now it doesn't seem so stupid
    Human wants are greater than our needs. Anything that is not a 'need'; can technically be classified as 'stupid' and a 'waste' according to your loose definition.
    03-09-09 11:34 PM
    Well... If someone paying $100 a month for a plan and $600 a year for a phone... Almost $2000 a year for a phone. A lot of people would classify that as a waste . I mean... There's a lot of people on here that $2000 makes up 10% or more or their yearly income. So tell me where I got this wrong idea from.

03-10-09 12:12 AM
    Well... If someone paying $100 a month for a plan and $600 a year for a phone... Almost $2000 a year for a phone. A lot of people would classify that as a waste . I mean... There's a lot of people on here that $2000 makes up 10% or more or their yearly income. So tell me where I got this wrong idea from.
    I never said you're outright wrong; nor right. It boils down to the individual's approach to what is considered a 'waste' to them. That approach is usually defined by their financial health first and foremost. For some; their BB is a necessity that aids in their necessity for maintaining a livelihood (work, earning)...not just for texting/e-mailing/BBM'ing with their friends about all the happenings of the day.

Now if one's BB isn't an aid that better helps one do their work in a more timely and efficient manner (just as a laptop does)...then sure; it could be seen as a 'waste' depending on how you see it.
    03-10-09 12:22 AM
    Oh boy. I'm in trouble then. Unemployed (underployed actually) student with $100/month phone bill. But I just love it so...

03-10-09 12:31 AM
    No worries cdaiscool . I'm on your boat.

I wasn't talking about people who buy a new phone because of wifi capabilities or because of something they need. I'm talking about people that buy a new phone every year regardless of what it does for the only reason that its new. I'm as much to blame as the next guy. Even my spending is wasteful and my bb is everything. Its my phone, its my mp3 player and as of lately its my internet seen as how my computer can't keep up

03-10-09 12:46 AM
    I have one of those huge water cooler jugs sitting in my corner (No Water of course)

I throw whatever is in my pockets at the end of the day there.

Dollars, Quarters, Dimes, Anything.

If It's In My Pocket Before I Get Changed For Bed, It Gets Thrown In The Jug.

03-10-09 10:13 AM
    I have one of those huge water cooler jugs sitting in my corner (No Water of course)

I throw whatever is in my pockets at the end of the day there.

Dollars, Quarters, Dimes, Anything.

If It's In My Pocket Before I Get Changed For Bed, It Gets Thrown In The Jug.

:-) me too
    03-10-09 11:32 AM
    :-) me too
    So do I. However I take the contents out about every 6mnths and put them into a High intrest svings acct. I dont touch it at all unless I want a treat here and there. The best part is that I dont have a debit or atm card attached to the acct so the money stays there. Unless i go into the bank. Try it out and see what works for you. ALso pennies add up very very quickly I started by asking for those cans and jars of pennies from ppl for a few dollars and end up with more in pennies.
    03-13-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD