I used to be an active member of a dedicated Suzuki motorcycle forum. Anytime a new and improved Suzuki model was to be released, we'd get a huge rush of newbies that didn't know what they were talking about and all ask the same ignorant questions (not to mention they were usually fairly young). This got annoying really quick.

Enter Crackberry. Due to the Storm, I've joined this site and it feels weird being on the other side. Now I'm the one that doesn't know what's going on and most of the other people are schooling me. I just want to apologize in advance for myself and the others as we will most likely be asking very stupid questions in the weeks/months/years to come. Please bear with us during our learning curve and try to keep the flaming to a minimum (if possible).
    11-20-08 08:04 PM
    It's all good a lot of us are new in here. Although these forum members from what I can tell are really nice. They want to share their knowledge and experience with you as much as they can.
    11-20-08 08:06 PM
    everyone is new to the storm, should be fun to learn and share.
    11-20-08 08:08 PM
    Yea i do my best not to ask anything to dumb lol and i dont see to many immature people or a-holes
    11-20-08 08:08 PM
    Welcome! I have to say at first it aggravated me (all the repetitive ?s, comments) but at this point it's just easier to answer them and move on.

"there's no sense getting all riled up every time a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should"

*disclaimer: I am by no means a genius on here, I have just been on here day and night for a month and a half and can answer most everything asked about the storm. My brain must have an entire section dedicated to BB information, lol
    11-20-08 08:09 PM
    Yea i do my best not to ask anything to dumb lol and i dont see to many immature people or a-holes
    you speak the truth.

over at the gixxer motorcycle forums, we would TEAR the newbies apart. i don't see anything close to the angst i saw over there.
    11-20-08 08:10 PM
    Welcome to CB and glad you've joined. Don't ask or say anything about not wanting to get/have a data plan. You will get flamed quick!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 08:10 PM
    was it gixxer.com
    11-20-08 08:11 PM
    was it gixxer.com
    hahhaa....congratulations...you win.

been a member there since 2002.
    11-20-08 08:13 PM
    This is by far-the smartest thread of the day. Great intro Valmanway and I am sure you will be on your way to Abuser, Addict and the almighty Genius status in no time.

Welcome to CB!
    11-20-08 08:17 PM
    This is by far-the smartest thread of the day. Great intro Valmanway and I am sure you will be on your way to Abuser, Addict and the almighty Genius status in no time.

Welcome to CB!
    What she said!

Welcome!
    11-20-08 08:20 PM
    hahhaa....congratulations...you win.

been a member there since 2002.
    im a member there aswell, have been since April of 07
    11-20-08 08:25 PM
    I used to be an active member of a dedicated Suzuki motorcycle forum. Anytime a new and improved Suzuki model was to be released, we'd get a huge rush of newbies that didn't know what they were talking about and all ask the same ignorant questions (not to mention they were usually fairly young). This got annoying really quick.

Enter Crackberry. Due to the Storm, I've joined this site and it feels weird being on the other side. Now I'm the one that doesn't know what's going on and most of the other people are schooling me. I just want to apologize in advance for myself and the others as we will most likely be asking very stupid questions in the weeks/months/years to come. Please bear with us during our learning curve and try to keep the flaming to a minimum (if possible).
    I think you will find that most people on here don't mind the "dumb" questions. It's the "dead horse" questions that keep getting asked that drive people crazy. Now granted... this forum is in a state of disarray right now and it can be tough to find things sometimes, BUT when someone asks a question like "How much is the Storm going to cost?"... It becomes obvious that the poster did not even ATTEMPT to look for the answer him/herself.
    The first post in http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-thread-82781/ was supposed to curb some of that by providing the lastest "known" information, but I think people see the number of replies to that post and don't even attempt it. Maybe we should have an 'FAQ' or 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING' sticky... I personally think that would be very helpful.

BTW... I still consider myself a newbie
    11-20-08 08:28 PM

Welcome to CB!
    Thanks to everyone welcoming me.
    11-20-08 08:35 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry...use the search button!!! lol
    11-20-08 08:36 PM
    im a member there aswell, have been since April of 07
    what's your username there and what do you ride?
    11-20-08 08:39 PM
    I think you will find that most people on here don't mind the "dumb" questions. It's the "dead horse" questions that keep getting asked that drive people crazy. Now granted... this forum is in a state of disarray right now and it can be tough to find things sometimes, BUT when someone asks a question like "How much is the Storm going to cost?"... It becomes obvious that the poster did not even ATTEMPT to look for the answer him/herself.
    The first post in http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-thread-82781/ was supposed to curb some of that by providing the lastest "known" information, but I think people see the number of replies to that post and don't even attempt it. Maybe we should have an 'FAQ' or 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING' sticky... I personally think that would be very helpful.

BTW... I still consider myself a newbie
    i actually think i have somewhat of an advantage as I am pretty familiar with message boards/forums (just not this one). I was able to locate the sticky threads with ease and know how to use search functions in forums.
    11-20-08 08:40 PM
    I read this post and it was by far the most entertaining one yet.. Welcome to the fam and trust that we are more forgiving then those crazy crotch rocket riders....

2003 'Busa being torn down now for custom paint....
    11-20-08 08:44 PM
    "there's no sense getting all riled up every time a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should"
    Harold and Kumar!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 08:48 PM
    Welcome to C.B., jumped in at a wild time for sure,
    now about the crotch rocket..., It ain't a Harley
    11-20-08 09:04 PM
    in my profession I learned the very first day on the job that this is something you have to get used to.

My very first call in IT was a older gentlemen who just recieved a new PC and couldn't get logged in he was at the control alt delete screen. After talking with him for about 15 minutes and him telling me he was definetly hitting control alt delete I went to his computer which was just across the building.

when I walked in he was hitting cntrl and releasing then hitting alt then releasing then hitting delete and releasing

instead of hitting them all at once...

after that call I very quickly realized that I would be dealing with every aspect of people with different knowledge levels. Now years later I have people who are technically advanced some in the middle and some that walk in just like that first guy. Doesn't mean there "Dumb" just means they didn't study or learn the topic that there trying to do.
    11-20-08 09:30 PM
    what's your username there and what do you ride?
    Name there is the same as here. Travisl1213 i ride a 2007 gsxr 600, how bout you?

btw im mounting my storm to my triple tree for gps lol
    11-20-08 09:31 PM
    Well, I hate you not for being a noob, but for making me miss my old bike. I used to be a member at gixxer, would love posting in the squid forum. Gotta replace those muffler bearings!

I miss my K2 GSXR 1000... sold it when I was getting married, and that guy wrecked it into a dumpster while doing a wheelie... rest in peace blue... At least it wrecked him nearly as much as the bike... he learned his lesson... and no he didn't die, just was on crutches for awhile. At least it doesn't need angel wings, it could fly without them!
    11-20-08 10:10 PM
    yamaha is better...r6network FTW
    11-20-08 10:14 PM
    yamaha is better...r6network FTW
    lies..... all lies....

btw i used to have an r6, i vote gixxer anyday now, i wouldnt think about going back, except for the new r1 coming out next year
    11-20-08 10:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD