Wasn't it down for like a week or so lol

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    I think it was longer than a week. Wasn't much more though I don't think. It wasn't down very long baring in mind they did a full infrastructure rebuild.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:33 PM
    I think it was longer than a week. Wasn't much more though I don't think. It wasn't down very long baring in mind they did a full infrastructure rebuild.

Posted via CB10
    I don't fully recall, but didn't Sony give everyone that suffered something for the inconvenience?

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323
    09-18-13 08:46 AM
    I don't fully recall, but didn't Sony give everyone that suffered something for the inconvenience?

Lol that doesn't make up for it. My brother was furious about it. It's like time warner giving me 1 free movie on demand for the whole blackout with cbs for the last month or so. Gee thanks I could careless about a free movie just give me what I pay for

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-18-13 11:13 AM
    Lol that doesn't make up for it. My brother was furious about it. It's like time warner giving me 1 free movie on demand for the whole blackout with cbs for the last month or so. Gee thanks I could careless about a free movie just give me what I pay for

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    For many the PSN was free. I don't know if PLUS came before or after the fiasco. I'm still a free user. That will change of course with the PS4. But I'm done with XBOX for the foreseeable future. So I won't be paying for live anymore.

It sucked that it was down, but I fully understand why. At least they took the time to do it right instead of just patching it.

DS1331 likes this.
    09-18-13 11:39 AM
    Being forced to have kinect is not ok. Having it come with the system doesn't justify the extra $100. The console specs difference makes the PS4 a lot more bang for your buck. GDDR5 way out performs DDR3! The PS4 is going to be up to 50% MORE powerful than the XBOX ONE. Why would I pay $100 more for less? I have a kinect (was given to me, well left to me when a roomie moved to Arizona) attached to my 360 and I never use it... Wouldn't have ever bought it.

While technically that's true, cross-platform games won't be designed to take full advantage of that hardware.

As for the Kinect, the one benefit is that with it coming with every single console, developers can design games that are tailored to its use as opposed to it being an afterthought like it currently is on the 360.

Ultimately there are two factors that will likely influence the majority of people:

1. What their friends are doing; and

2. What exclusives they want to get their hands on.

I'm probably going with the Xbone because the exclusives. Though I will likely end up getting a PS4 further down the road for those exclusives as well. My main gaming will likely remain with Microsoft.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    09-18-13 04:53 PM
    While technically that's true, cross-platform games won't be designed to take full advantage of that hardware.

As for the Kinect, the one benefit is that with it coming with every single console, developers can design games that are tailored to its use as opposed to it being an afterthought like it currently is on the 360.

Ultimately there are two factors that will likely influence the majority of people:

1. What their friends are doing; and

2. What exclusives they want to get their hands on.

I'm probably going with the Xbone because the exclusives. Though I will likely end up getting a PS4 further down the road for those exclusives as well. My main gaming will likely remain with Microsoft.

JB

The performance gains from the much faster memory won't require anything from the Devs. It just means superior load times and less lag console side. Top that off with a faster CPU and a more powerful GPU and you have some amazing potential.

I believe that both consoles are being built on the same architecture, so the gaming experience will easily be better on the PS4. Like I said I believe they are the same architecture.

09-19-13 02:38 AM
    I have to admit that to me, the differences in performance/ speed of each device really doesn't matter or sway my decisions. I get the system that will play the exclusive games I like to play. So if the PS4 has eleventy seven more chip sets and fifty eleven gigs of memory, I say congrats on an excellent system to those buying it. I hope your gaming experience is amazing.
    I'm buying the Xbox One and will be more than satisfied with it if when I power it on, it actually plays the games I put in it. Lol

Posted via my Zee 10
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-19-13 11:45 AM
    The performance gains from the much faster memory won't require anything from the Devs. It just means superior load times and less lag console side. Top that off with a faster CPU and a more powerful GPU and you have some amazing potential.

I believe that both consoles are being built on the same architecture, so the gaming experience will easily be better on the PS4. Like I said I believe they are the same architecture.

In terms of hardware, the PS3 is stronger than the 360, but in terms of game performance, the opposite has been true (purely talking about cross-platform games here, not exclusives). When I play a game on my 360 vs on my in-laws' PS3, more often than not, the 360 outperforms the PS3. Apparently what's under the hood isn't as important as how all the components work together.

Regardless, no one will truly know anything until these consoles are out in the world and people are making use of them in a real-world situation. We'll see how they fare in a couple of months.

JB

DS1331 likes this.
    09-19-13 02:45 PM
    PS4 hands down.
    09-19-13 02:46 PM
    PS4 hands down.
    XBOX One hands down

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-19-13 03:51 PM
    Atari 2600
    09-19-13 04:19 PM
    In terms of hardware, the PS3 is stronger than the 360, but in terms of game performance, the opposite has been true (purely talking about cross-platform games here, not exclusives). When I play a game on my 360 vs on my in-laws' PS3, more often than not, the 360 outperforms the PS3. Apparently what's under the hood isn't as important as how all the components work together.

Regardless, no one will truly know anything until these consoles are out in the world and people are making use of them in a real-world situation. We'll see how they fare in a couple of months.

JB

And you are talking about the previous generation of consoles where Sony failed to make the system easily code cross platform games. Only games built for the PS3 over the last year have actually began to utilize the power. Sony has made it clear that the PS4 will not be plagued by this. Hense my saying that games both cross platform and specifically built for the PS4 should perform nicely!

09-19-13 09:36 PM
    I have to admit that to me, the differences in performance/ speed of each device really doesn't matter or sway my decisions. I get the system that will play the exclusive games I like to play. So if the PS4 has eleventy seven more chip sets and fifty eleven gigs of memory, I say congrats on an excellent system to those buying it. I hope your gaming experience is amazing.
    I'm buying the Xbox One and will be more than satisfied with it if when I power it on, it actually plays the games I put in it. Lol

Posted via my Zee 10
    The talks on the performance side were spurred because of the value placed on the prices of the 2 consoles. Regardless both should perform very nicely but for obvious reasons the PS4 should easily out perform the XBOX ONE, making it IMHO a better value.

09-19-13 09:39 PM
    I love my Xbox 360, but MS lost me as a customer with the always on Internet, and leaving it up to the publishers if I can play a used / borrowed game or not.

PS4 for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:42 PM
    I love my Xbox 360, but MS lost me as a customer with the always on Internet, and leaving it up to the publishers if I can play a used / borrowed game or not.

PS4 for me.

Posted via CB10
    You realize that neither of those things are happening anymore, right?

JB

09-19-13 09:50 PM

JB

Yup. Which means that Microsoft listens to their customers. It pains me to say, but BlackBerry could learn a thing from that. They thought it'd be a good idea, customers said no, so they fixed it. Admitted their mistake. Very admirable.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-19-13 10:03 PM

JB

Nope, I guess I do now. I'll think about it again. I'll wait at least a few months to see which ever sells more.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:18 PM
    Im usually an PS fan, but ever since i got the PS3 and 360, i started playing the 360 waaaaay more than the PS3. The PS3 had some nice exclusives like Metal Gear Solid, and Killzone, but after that I had to play the 360 for online experiences since thats what all of my friends owned. Mainly playing the COD: ModernWarfare series, and i have always had a good experience online as far as speed and gameplay. So i ended up selling the PS3, and the 360 is still my main gaming console. I will most likely stick with the 360 for now. Still have some promising titles like Titanfall, GTA V (released couple days ago) COD Ghosts. Honestly those 3 alone will keep me happy for a very long time. If i do, end up getting a new generation console it would be the PS4 first. Only because its 100 bucks cheaper. Before the DRM restrictions i was PS4 all the way, but since microsoft removed those features, i am considering it, However at the moment i am 80% ps4 and 20% xboxone
    09-19-13 10:34 PM
    Im usually an PS fan, but ever since i got the PS3 and 360, i started playing the 360 waaaaay more than the PS3. The PS3 had some nice exclusives like Metal Gear Solid, and Killzone, but after that I had to play the 360 for online experiences since thats what all of my friends owned. Mainly playing the COD: ModernWarfare series, and i have always had a good experience online as far as speed and gameplay. So i ended up selling the PS3, and the 360 is still my main gaming console. I will most likely stick with the 360 for now. Still have some promising titles like Titanfall, GTA V (released couple days ago) COD Ghosts. Honestly those 3 alone will keep me happy for a very long time. If i do, end up getting a new generation console it would be the PS4 first. Only because its 100 bucks cheaper. Before the DRM restrictions i was PS4 all the way, but since microsoft removed those features, i am considering it, However at the moment i am 80% ps4 and 20% xboxone
    Dude, Titanfall looks amazing! Can't wait to get it

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-19-13 10:38 PM
    The talks on the performance side were spurred because of the value placed on the prices of the 2 consoles. Regardless both should perform very nicely but for obvious reasons the PS4 should easily out perform the XBOX ONE, making it IMHO a better value.

Better value for those that like PS games. If I buy one, I can't play all the games I like. Now I've wasted money. So we're back to purchasing the system that has the games you enjoy playing. Lol. Now you place the value on your system you purchased. So again, ps4 people rejoice, you're about to have an awesome system to play Mario on....and we Xbox One people will play everything else!

Just kidding!
    Lol just being a d*** for the sake of friendly rivalry.

Posted via my Zee 10
    09-19-13 10:44 PM

Yeah, everyone got free Playstation Plus!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:31 AM

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Actually... In a way, it kinda did... Since I got Playstation Plus, I have fot about 400-600 worth of free games!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:33 AM
    Better value for those that like PS games. If I buy one, I can't play all the games I like. Now I've wasted money. So we're back to purchasing the system that has the games you enjoy playing. Lol. Now you place the value on your system you purchased. So again, ps4 people rejoice, you're about to have an awesome system to play Mario on....and we Xbox One people will play everything else!

Just kidding!
    Lol just being a d*** for the sake of friendly rivalry.

Posted via my Zee 10
    Lol if only we could play Mario... But seriously all the games I like are going to be available for both consoles, except for Forza. But I haven't had the time to dedicate to Forza in quite some time. I do own all except Horizon.

09-20-13 06:16 AM
    Assasins creed 4 is going to be Badass!

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-20-13 08:08 AM
    And those on the fence about GTA 5. Get it, it's truly amazing. I was skeptical at first but after playing for like 5 hours now I'm hooked.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-20-13 08:09 AM
139 ... 23456