Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    As I said earlier, this amendment will most likely be overturmed by the courts. Last I looked, it was unconstitutional to single a group out for discrimination. Nut, just because it passed doesn't make it right, it is just another example of an oppressive majority.

Also, what exactly would you be gloating about? Your sitting in judgement of your fellow man? How will you justify this very major sin to God? Or would you gloat about your hatred for your fellow man? You don't even understand the bible you say you believe in. Maybe we should rename this thread to Christians who hate, or how about Christians who are going to **** for not following Christ's teachings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can I get an AMEN?!
    11-05-08 11:09 PM
    Ok. Fine by me.
    11-05-08 11:10 PM
    As I said earlier, this amendment will most likely be overturmed by the courts. Last I looked, it was unconstitutional to single a group out for discrimination. Nut, just because it passed doesn't make it right, it is just another example of an oppressive majority.

Also, what exactly would you be gloating about? Your sitting in judgement of your fellow man? How will you justify this very major sin to God? Or would you gloat about your hatred for your fellow man? You don't even understand the bible you say you believe in. Maybe we should rename this thread to Christians who hate, or how about Christians who are going to **** for not following Christ's teachings?

I figured you would show up. Did you even read my post which clearly stated I wasn't gloating? I don't even want to get into this with you. I might hurt your feelings and then you'll tell the mods on me! Rat. I understand all I need to about the Bible. I don't hate anyone.
    11-05-08 11:18 PM
    Tell the mods? You really are out there. Waaa, he's a tattle tale. Sheesh, I guess if you don't an answer to the truth, you need to make ish up. Hurt my feelings? I know you may not like debating someone who sees through you and understands your narrow mind, but you started this thread based on hate. You can deny it, but your own words indict you. I grew up in a church like yours, and I know what you are all about.

11-05-08 11:37 PM
    Enough of this. Mods, where are you guys? Time to close up shop.
    11-05-08 11:38 PM
    You say you weren't gloating, but you used the gloating smiley . I figured it was just another lie.

11-05-08 11:38 PM
    Enough of this. Mods, where are you guys? Time to close up shop.
    Now here is the pot calling the kettle black. You don't like what you hear, so lets call in the mods to close the forum when you were just concerned about us doing it because we didn't like what you said.
    11-05-08 11:42 PM
    Exelant, you know I'm not making it up. Gander over to the thread titled "Bye CB" and you'll be quickly reminded of what ish I made up.
    11-05-08 11:43 PM
    Now here is the pot calling the kettle black. You don't like what you hear, so lets call in the mods to close the forum when you were just concerned about us doing it because we didn't like what you said.
    I'm not afraid to hear anything you all got to say. I said to close it because there's no use arguing in a thread titled Prop 8 when the subject is closed. If you'd like to continue this, create another thread and I'll gladly join in.
    11-05-08 11:47 PM
    I apologize Golfnut. I went too far and I am guilty of what I accuse others. I have compassion for those who I believe are oppressed, and my intent was to defend them. Nothing else, I should not have turned a debate into a personal attack and I am sorry for that.

11-05-08 11:48 PM
    I apologize Golfnut. I went too far and I am guilty of what I accuse others. I have compassion for those who I believe are oppressed, and my intent was to defend them. Nothing else, I should not have turned a debate into a personal attack and I am sorry for that.

Ok. I guess I got outta hand myself. This subject is too explosive! It's too easy to get caught up. I apologize for retaliating.
    11-05-08 11:57 PM
    But so you know, giving someone advice to report someone who attacks them so badly they would leave CrackBerry is something entirely different, in my opinion. I did report a member one time for making sexually suggestive comments to a young person, do you think that's wrong, too?

11-06-08 12:01 AM
    Man, I gotta get out of off topic and back to helping people with their berries. Anyone need help upgrading their OS? Send me a PM, I'll be glad to help. I'll be in the 83xx or BlackBerry discussion threads.

11-06-08 12:09 AM
    Man, I gotta get out of off topic and back to helping people with their berries. Anyone need help upgrading their OS? Send me a PM, I'll be glad to help. I'll be in the 83xx or BlackBerry discussion threads.

Good idea, exelant. I'm on my way out, too. ( for now, anyways )
    11-06-08 12:21 AM
    Shame it people can't be with who they want. Like someone said its not over.

11-06-08 12:32 AM
    The people have finally stopped protesting in the streets. It was getting ridiculous and wasn't getting them anywhere. I find it odd that Massachusetts is the only state that allows gay marriages yet Ca gets reamed for voting with the majority. Seems to me that this nation still has a long way to go to make things right in everyone's eyes.
    11-12-08 01:50 AM
    It's NEVER going to be right in everyone's eyes. But that's the beauty of America. If you don't like your neighbors, you can go elsewhere and find more like-minded people...
    11-12-08 04:45 AM
    I wondered how many pages would it take for a discussion on Prop 8 to turn religious. From what i read and saw so far, being gay is not by choice rather genetic related. I guess the best way to explain it is, why a straight guy like girls. I could not explain it cause its just natural to me, it is the exact same thing for gays. I think it is an atrocity that gay marriage is banned, and who ever said that gay relationship are going to taught at school because of this have fallen to the campaign ads on tv.

Like what someone mentioned on the previous post, Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual right. To discriminate a person for a what he/she cannot chose is just wrong. Well we came a long way equal rights wise to having an African American President, i wonder how much longer it would take for people to accept equal rights for Gay people.
    Last edited by tj.bsap; 11-12-08 at 09:42 AM.
    11-12-08 09:38 AM
    The people have finally stopped protesting in the streets. It was getting ridiculous and wasn't getting them anywhere. I find it odd that Massachusetts is the only state that allows gay marriages yet Ca gets reamed for voting with the majority. Seems to me that this nation still has a long way to go to make things right in everyone's eyes.
    Yup, well, protesting hasn't stopped everywhere. The LGBT community in Chicago is protesting in support of our brothers and sisters in California. If you don't like it so much, get out of Cali sooner rather than later. You're the one who brought this thread up again. Not anyone else. Thank you for denying rights to thousands of people all over the state of California, and writing discrimination into your constitution which states that it will not discriminate against any one group of people. You've made an amendment to the constitution that is anti-constitutional in and of itself.
    11-12-08 09:58 AM
    When the court throws ot out, we will see the proponents of the proposition back here very upset, but the thing is in America an oppressive majority cannot impose their will on a minority group. The proponents can't understand or see that they have singled a small group of people out for discrimination. It is unAmerican. They might actually be more comfortable in a strictly religious country. But most of them are Muslim where Christians are in the minority, and discrimination against them is accepted and many are killed each year. Is that what some would like to see in our country?

11-12-08 09:59 AM
    You all make valid points. I would like to say again that the rest of the states can't all be wrong. CA is just getting a bad rep due to publicity. The nation feels it is wrong as a whole. I think Ca will be the one to eventually step up and allow gay marriage but not now. Only time will tell, right?
    11-12-08 11:02 AM
    Yup, well, protesting hasn't stopped everywhere. The LGBT community in Chicago is protesting in support of our brothers and sisters in California. If you don't like it so much, get out of Cali sooner rather than later. You're the one who brought this thread up again. Not anyone else. Thank you for denying rights to thousands of people all over the state of California, and writing discrimination into your constitution which states that it will not discriminate against any one group of people. You've made an amendment to the constitution that is anti-constitutional in and of itself.
    I did bring it back up. However, I am not being negative about it. I will leave CA to live a better life. Not because of some prop that passed. Remember niubeav, I alone did not deny rights. The majority spoke, again.
    11-12-08 11:08 AM
    I did bring it back up. However, I am not being negative about it. I will leave CA to live a better life. Not because of some prop that passed. Remember niubeav, I alone did not deny rights. The majority spoke, again.
    By the way....MA is not the only state to allow gay marriage. Connecticut does too. And like I've said before, Connecticut (so proud to be from that state) saw through the religious right wing conservatives in their efforts to conviene a constitutional convention that would most likely bring a Prop. 8 type amendment to CT. IL also beat a similar convention as well. So while IL does not allow gay marriage, they have defeated an effort to begin the process to banning it.

And by the way, you, by voting FOR Proposition 8 have personally denied rights. Don't think you can hide behind the majority. You contributed to that majority. Everyone's vote counts, even yours. That's the beauty of our country.
    11-12-08 11:25 AM
    The Nation also felt that WOMEN shouldn't vote, belonged in kitchens, and were viewed as mere Pleasure havens for men. They were basically little Human Pez Dispensers-

The Nation also felt that Blacks were Inferior, Sub-Human Creatures, and that they Undeserving of BASIC Human Rights.

So answer me this:

Just Because the General Consensus Felt that way- Did it Mean that it was Morally/Intellectually/Civily Right?

Yes or No?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-12-08 at 11:46 AM.
    11-12-08 11:38 AM
    No Prada, we were not. It will take time for america to come around as it did for those issues you mentioned. I know that it will eventually be accepted. For now, I'll enjoy it the way that it is.
    11-12-08 11:50 AM
353 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD