Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    We can agree that the Christian right is filled with a bunch of wackos.

Go see Religilous and you will get a clear picture of how wacked out religion really is.
    I was raised catholic and soon figured out what a load of bs they were asking me to swallow. Niubeav my issue doesn't lie with people such as yourself. My issue is with these Bible thumping wack jobs who have a f'd up view of reality. They probobly sit in judgement of the Muslim extremist and call them crazy but believe me they are right there along side of them.

Church turns it head on all the molestation of kids that takes place but by god homosexuality between 2 consenting adults will not be tolerated. Rape kids yes! Same sex never!

What a joke. But I guess it makes people feel better to belong to a group no matter what screwed up agenda is shoved down their throats. Religion is nothing but hypocrisy and lies with a good dose of fear thrown in for controlling the masses.

I can sit here and say without a doubt I have no fear of being punished or sent to some imaginary helll that some people believe in. As hard is it may be for the Bible carrying crowd to believe Hitler is not in this place called helll just like there are not 20 virgins waiting in heaven for Muslims.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Never had issues with you Balloon my friend. I totally understand your points. I respect you, and you respect me. I have issues with people that aren't open to seeing things another way. Believe me...I've tried seeing things the way the religious right do, with homosexuality being a sin and all that (granted, I am biased). I've tried, and I can't. Doesn't mean I didn't try.
    11-02-08 01:57 PM
    Start your thread already. You got big coconuts in this thread, right? Make sure the title of your thread really portraits your ridiculous view. We'll see how it goes. No reply needed here. We all know how you feel about religion and Bibles. Just step out there, balloon.
    11-02-08 02:06 PM
    Great idea nut. I will do that shortly.

11-02-08 02:19 PM
    I guess I can say that this thread was not the best idea I've ever had. The topic was too sensitive and I should have thought it through before I posted it.
    I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here in CB. Everyone here has their own beliefs and I respect that.
    Mods, if you happen to pass through, please close this thread. Thanks
    11-03-08 12:31 AM
    We can agree that the Christian right is filled with a bunch of wackos.

Go see Religilous and you will get a clear picture of how wacked out religion really is.
    I was raised catholic and soon figured out what a load of bs they were asking me to swallow. Niubeav my issue doesn't lie with people such as yourself. My issue is with these Bible thumping wack jobs who have a f'd up view of reality. They probobly sit in judgement of the Muslim extremist and call them crazy but believe me they are right there along side of them.

Church turns it head on all the molestation of kids that takes place but by god homosexuality between 2 consenting adults will not be tolerated. Rape kids yes! Same sex never!

What a joke. But I guess it makes people feel better to belong to a group no matter what screwed up agenda is shoved down their throats. Religion is nothing but hypocrisy and lies with a good dose of fear thrown in for controlling the masses.
    Balloon, I agree with your views of gay marriage. I agree with (most of) your views of religion. But you were quite rude to GolfNut. I don't believe in God, nor do I follow the teachings of the Bible, but that doesn't mean that it's all garbage. Do unto others yadda yadda yadda... I'd imagine that if someone jumped out and attacked you for your views like you did to GolfNut, you'd be pretty upset.
    I guess I can say that this thread was not the best idea I've ever had. The topic was too sensitive and I should have thought it through before I posted it.
    I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here in CB. Everyone here has their own beliefs and I respect that.
    Mods, if you happen to pass through, please close this thread. Thanks
    Personally, I think it was a good discussion, but that's my opinion. I don't feel anyone should regret or apologize for getting a discussion going.

I missed a lot over the weekend, so I'll just sum up a few things...

I feel that it's absolutely not a choice. To the straight people in here, imagine how you would feel if you ended up in bed with someone of the same sex as you... I know, it blows. I'm feeling all squeemish too... UGH... But now take that feeling and apply it to a gay man in bed with a woman... Don't tell me he doesn't feel it, as you probably have no idea what they feel...

Now on to the lifestyle... Someone said that maybe you can't choose who you are attracted to, but you can choose how you live your life... Taking the above example... Don't be with someone that repulses you just to save face with the community...
    11-03-08 04:38 AM
    Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!!!

Genesis 2:24 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and they will become one flesh."
    11-03-08 09:40 AM
    A gay friendly church? Doesn't that seem odd since the bible clearly says homosexuality is a sin? Not only that but if you are engaging in any sort of intercourse, you are probably doing it outside wedlock which is another sin.
    11-03-08 10:08 AM
    Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!!!

Genesis 2:24 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and they will become one flesh."
    like I was saying. Here's some validation folks.

11-03-08 10:19 AM
    A gay friendly church? Doesn't that seem odd since the bible clearly says homosexuality is a sin? Not only that but if you are engaging in any sort of intercourse, you are probably doing it outside wedlock which is another sin.
    Technically all churches should be friendly to and accepting of everyone.

Christ spent the majority of his time with sinners for that was his purpose to seek and save the lost.

I know of a church that states they are not concerned with where you have been but are more intrested in where you are going! God does love us and he did give us free will. But just because he loves us does not mean he loves everything we do, just as us who are parents love our own children but don't always like the things or decisions our children do or make.

The Bible does speak against homosexuality and that is one of the reason for which Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed.

Sin seperates us from God who in all essence is pure and righteous. We were born into sin because of "Adam and Eve" and through blood of Christ shed on the cross cleansed and saved if we so choose to accept and believe. (Free Will)
    11-03-08 10:25 AM
    Jedi I love the fact that your so well versed in this. Thanks for those great posts.

I do agree that homosexuality is an a sin as well. The church has taught me that they will go to **** for this. My question is how can I be sure that they will? I mean I live my life right and stay with women and follow the ten commandments to a T. Well that's a lie I have stolen but I did go to confession so I got rid of that sin. Anyway shed some light on going to **** and homosexuality.

Thanks! I really enjoy reading your posts!

11-03-08 10:56 AM
    Hey Balloon,

So my church teaches that Christ died for our sins and they are washed away by the blood of Christ. I'm gay. I'm not going to **** because I believe that Christ died for our sins.

And for Jedi. Homosexuality as a word was not coined until the late 1800s. Sodom and Gammorrah were not destroyed because of homosexuality, but because the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah were not hospitable. It's all about translation my friend.
    11-03-08 11:15 AM
    Jedi I love the fact that your so well versed in this. Thanks for those great posts.

I do agree that homosexuality is an a sin as well. The church has taught me that they will go to **** for this. My question is how can I be sure that they will? I mean I live my life right and stay with women and follow the ten commandments to a T. Well that's a lie I have stolen but I did go to confession so I got rid of that sin. Anyway shed some light on going to **** and homosexuality.

Thanks! I really enjoy reading your posts!

I would not say that I am well versed but because of my upbringing I have learned a little bit.

First of all don't confuse religon with Christianity. Religion is man made and done so in a way that it allows people to construct their religious beliefs the way they want to. to be Christian is to be Christ like. which is what people who are born again are striving to be like in deed, service, relationship. Many religons have us believe that all we need to do to get to that "magical place" called Heaven is to be good and to do what is right.

The thought process is like that of a teeter-totter. On one side you have raunchy rocks (bad deeds, bad thoughts) and on the other side holy boulders (good deeds, grace before dinner, helping the old lady across the street) The hope being that if we have more holy boulders than raunchy rocks we will get a pass to heaven. This is not the case cause Christ said "No man comes to the father but through me" paraphrased

Think of sin as the Grand Canyon, with man on oe side and God on the other. sin seperates us from God and Christ death on the cross was the bridge to allow us to reconnect with him and to have a relationship with him.

Immorality of any kind is a sin. Whether it be sexual in nature, thought or deed. God is holy and righteous if we are not accepting of Christ's death on the cross for our sins and cleasned by his blood we are doomed to spend eternity in ****.

Secondly what is the difference between Satan and a person who believes in God and Christ? Nothing. Satan believes in them both the difference is in the following and Satan is not a follower!

The Bible was written by man but inspired by God! Just look around you at the vastness of our world. The Big bang can't explain it all.
    11-03-08 12:10 PM

Immorality of any kind is a sin. Whether it be sexual in nature, thought or deed. God is holy and righteous if we are not accepting of Christ's death on the cross for our sins and cleasned by his blood we are doomed to spend eternity in ****.

Ok I shouldn't say this but help me out here. I have a lot of guilt over this.

My neighbors wife is super hot. She wears these short skirts and heels that drive me nuts. She's very sexy and I want to have sexual relations with her. I know it's wrong to covet another mans wife but holy smokes it's really hard to resist coveting this woman. She stops by a lot asking for items like sugar and eggs. The other day she was looking for some Bleach. I'm tempted to ask her to do nasty things but in my head I know it's wrong. To use your example I have A LOT of Raunchy Rocks accumulating because I live next door to her

As I said I have a lot of guilt over this and dont sleep at night. Will I be punished by God if I don't stop these fantasies? I was thinking of moving so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

Any help would be appreciated Jedi. Thanks.
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 11-03-08 at 12:34 PM.
    11-03-08 12:28 PM
    Well everyone. The votes are in and Prop 8 has passed. I will not resort to gloating or anything like that. This victory is bittersweet. I guess this issue is resolved and if nobody else wants to comment, this thread is no longer needed. Peace.
    11-05-08 10:07 PM
    Well everyone. The votes are in and Prop 8 has passed. I will not resort to gloating or anything like that. This victory is bittersweet. I guess this issue is resolved and if nobody else wants to comment, this thread is no longer needed. Peace.
    Making this post makes it look like you're gloating.

Just because the amendment passed, doesn't mean that this is over. It can always be amended again. This is not the end.

And by the way...all votes are not in. THe Secretary of State has not called it yet. I hate to be an absentee voter right now.
    11-05-08 10:20 PM
    This prop passing is really disappointing. We can elect an African American president but gay people are still being denied basic civil rights, its just sad.

Same-sex marriage issue heading back to state Supreme Court
    Last edited by crashovrride; 11-05-08 at 10:25 PM.
    11-05-08 10:22 PM
    Making this post makes it look like you're gloating.

Just because the amendment passed, doesn't mean that this is over. It can always be amended again. This is not the end.

And by the way...all votes are not in. THe Secretary of State has not called it yet. I hate to be an absentee voter right now.
    I'm not gloating. Really. FYI, this has already cost the state enough money. I hope it is over so we won't keep paying for it over and over.
    11-05-08 10:26 PM
    I'm not gloating. Really. FYI, this has already cost the state enough money. I hope it is over so we won't keep paying for it over and over.
    Perception is everything. They should have thought about how much it cost when they first started Prop 8 and going against the state supreme court.
    11-05-08 10:32 PM
    Perception is everything. They should have thought about how much it cost when they first started Prop 8 and going against the state supreme court.
    Whatever. You don't care because you reside in Illinois, right?
    Last edited by golfnut; 11-05-08 at 10:41 PM. Reason: realized it was niu and not WA huskies
    11-05-08 10:38 PM
    Whatever. You don't care because you reside in Illinois, right?
    Actually, I do, because I have quite a few friends that live in CA. And on the same note, you shouldn't care since you're moving to Texas, right? Why are the opponents the big bad guys? The Pro Prop 8 people spent just as much on this as the against Prop 8 campaign did.
    11-05-08 10:44 PM
    Actually, I do, because I have quite a few friends that live in CA. And on the same note, you shouldn't care since you're moving to Texas, right? Why are the opponents the big bad guys? The Pro Prop 8 people spent just as much on this as the against Prop 8 campaign did.
    Yes I should because I actually pay taxes here. The state as a whole endures the costs of this. Until I move, it's my problem along with all the other taxpayers.
    11-05-08 10:49 PM
    Like I said before. The people who introduced Proposition 8 should have thought of that BEFORE they introduced it. Don't blame the opponents, blame the proponents of the cost. YOU were the ones not happy with the ruling back in May, not us.
    11-05-08 10:58 PM
    Like I said before. The people who introduced Proposition 8 should have thought of that BEFORE they introduced it. Don't blame the opponents, blame the proponents of the cost. YOU were the ones not happy with the ruling back in May, not us.
    I'll tell you like I told those who complained that Obama won. You should be allowed to moan and gripe for a few days but the fact is you all lost. I don't blame anyone for anything. I'm happy. We won!
    11-05-08 11:04 PM
    I'll tell you like I told those who complained that Obama won. You should be allowed to moan and gripe for a few days but the fact is you all lost. I don't blame anyone for anything. I'm happy. We won!
    As the great Avenue Q song says, "Only for now". Things will change. Just wait. At least the state that I'm a legal resident of still allows gay marriage and saw past the religious right's plans of a constitutional convention to amend our constitution to ban the same thing. Go CT!
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-05-08 at 11:08 PM.
    11-05-08 11:05 PM
    As I said earlier, this amendment will most likely be overturmed by the courts. Last I looked, it was unconstitutional to single a group out for discrimination. Nut, just because it passed doesn't make it right, it is just another example of an oppressive majority.

Also, what exactly would you be gloating about? Your sitting in judgement of your fellow man? How will you justify this very major sin to God? Or would you gloat about your hatred for your fellow man? You don't even understand the bible you say you believe in. Maybe we should rename this thread to Christians who hate, or how about Christians who are going to **** for not following Christ's teachings?

11-05-08 11:07 PM
353 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD