Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    golf for the last time stop trying to pass on false information. Your kids are not going to be taught about gay anything in school. Don't you see its all bs. This is a pattern with you. For a father your pretty damn ignorant of a lot of things.

So for the last time quit spreading false information. They already have made the prop confusing enough with regards to NO vote means YES to gay marriage without a uninformed Bible thumper posting incorrect info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You know, balloonboy, you talk alot of crap. I'm about tired of it. You want to exchange real info so we can talk it over?
    11-01-08 12:56 PM
    You know, balloonboy, you talk alot of crap. I'm about tired of it. You want to exchange real info so we can talk it over?
    By the way, this was meant to be sarcasm with a kick. Just forgot the LOL at the end.
    11-01-08 12:58 PM
    Prop. 8 backers fear teaching of gay marriage | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Pretty unbiased article here.

Perhaps a class in TOLERANCE is needed.
    Some sources say this, others say that. Is there not a source that is the truth? The government should have a site that thouroughly explains the Proposition.
    11-01-08 01:05 PM
    Just because its the only source- Doesn't make it unbiased.
    prada read back through the threads. It's no use reasoning with this religous nut. He's one of those brainwashed Bible freaks.

greatest lesson he will learn is when he catches one of his boys dry humping his best friend Robby.

" But dad I have these feeling for boys that I can't help does that make me bad?"

"Well yes son it's very bad. The bible says it's a sin. You will go to **** for doing things like that"

"But I can't help it dad. Just like mom turns you on well Rob turns me on"

"Son get that out of your head right now!! It's not right!! Don't you see that it's not normal to be attracted to boys?!. It's a sin Rob and God doesn't want you to do those things!"

"You don't understand dad. I can't help it! Just as you are attracted to women I am attracted to boys"

"I wont have this in my house! You need to get to church and pray these evil thoughts out of you!! We need to get you into therapy, this is a sin!!"

"Sorry to disappoint you dad. I should have done what a lot of other gay kids did and just hide it from you and live in secrecy. People told me this would happen"

"Son we will get you the help you need. Your just confused. We will have you back to girls in no time."

Pretty ridiculous when you see it that way huh?
    11-01-08 01:09 PM
    I talk facts.

Look at the damn laws. What is it going to take? There are laws in place do you not read? Jesus Christ I cannot believe your stupidity. Do we need to sit the lawmakers in your house to explain to you that what you are seeing on the damn tv is lies?

They made them reword those commercials BECAUSE THEY WERE LIES. They made them use words like "could' and "may". Are you that ignorant? I cannot believe I am still having this discussion with you. Do you need to be hit over the head with facts before you begin to comprehend things?

Now it's all becoming clear to me about you. Your a damn hardheaded bible carrying biggot. Just like the rest of them.
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 11-01-08 at 01:19 PM.
    11-01-08 01:12 PM
    Prop. 8 backers fear teaching of gay marriage | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Pretty unbiased article here.

Perhaps a class in TOLERANCE is needed.
    ok i tried to stay out but i cant. I agree with you balloon with the exception of TOLERANCE. Tolerance has a negative connotation---it says in a nutshell----I dont like you, but I will put up with you becuase (insert reason here). How many of you as a child had a younger sibling that you 'tolerated" becuase your parents made you. I believe a class in RESPECT and acceptance is more appropriate. "i respect and accept you for who you are---nothing more and nothing less"
    11-01-08 01:14 PM
    I checked out that site Nut and you know as well as I it is biased. That's fine, but you can't expect anyone to take anything they say seriously. The whole purpose of the site is to scare people into voting for discriminating against gay people. The site's sponsor, The Digital Network Army, exists to promote a fundamentalist Christian viewpoint. You would feel the same way if someone posted a link to the Gay and Lesbi@n Alliance.

What is your true motivation behind this thread? The Digital Network Army, or DNA, is recruiting anti gay zealots on the site. The school issue is a smokescreen to cover your true motives. You are promoting an anti gay agenda for the DNA. How does your hatred against gays square with basic Christian teachings of love your brother, not throwing stones and not judging your fellow man or woman? Isn't it true that it is as big a sin to judge others as anything you accuse gays of?

You must understand that telling others how to live their lives, or telling me the right way to think is un-American. Your side is quick to yell that the majority rules when one of your thinly veiled amendments is thrown out by the courts, but one of the tenants of our constitution is to protect a minority against the tyranny of the majority. I do believe that if prop 8 passes, it will be thrown out by the courts. I wish your side would be honest; it is a sin to lie.

11-01-08 01:15 PM
    I have no hidden motives or agenda. I started this thread because it was an issue that was on the table. I don't care if gays are married and suffer like the rest of us do. As I've said before, I only care about what my kids are being taught at school. Plain and simple.
    11-01-08 01:29 PM
    @ exelant post:

i'm really bad at expressing my thoughts in a coherent manner; your post is excatly what i think/feel!
    11-01-08 01:33 PM
    I have no hidden motives or agenda. I started this thread because it was an issue that was on the table. I don't care if gays are married and suffer like the rest of us do. As I've said before, I only care about what my kids are being taught at school. Plain and simple.
    Then you should know that teaching gay marriage in the schools is NOT a part of proposition 8. Period. End. Goodbye. Take your hateful words somewhere else.

Please see the following link.

Proposition 8 - Title and Summary - Voter Information Guide 2008

It is provided by the Secretary of State in California to its voters. There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING that says teaching of gay marriage in the schools.
    11-01-08 01:38 PM
    Thanks Chrissy, I always suspect people who push an agenda, no matter what the issue. Gay's have had it rough in our country, and I welcome the way we Americans have become more tolerent. We still have a long way to go. A friend of mine on this site was recently berated by a j3rk from CB on his bbm.

11-01-08 01:43 PM
    I don't feel I've expressed hate here. I'm sorry if that is how you all see it. I just feel different than you all do. It doesn't hurt my feelings or bother me one bit that you(exelant) suspect me of anything. It's simply not true.
    If I offended anyone, I apologize. That was not my intention. I should have known better than to mess with a CB nation of LGBZD whatevers. Lesson learned.
    11-01-08 05:49 PM
    I don't think any of us who posted are gay golfnut. You keep living your life being ignorant. Its people like you on the religious right who do nothing but spew hatred and intolerance.

Even while closing your thread you had to throw in the obvious stab at the LGBT community.

11-01-08 06:15 PM
    I don't think any of us who posted are gay golfnut. You keep living your life being ignorant. Its people like you on the religious right who do nothing but spew hatred and intolerance.

Even while closing your thread you had to throw in the obvious stab at the LGBT community.

I never showed hatred towards anyone, ballon. I expressed my opinion as everyone else here has. If anyone here has shown hate, it's you. Going on and on how you would wipe your a%# with the Bible. That was totally uncalled for. Yet no one called you on it. Kinda funny how people are so quick to defend gay rights but turn their heads about religion. If you call my view ignorance, than ignorance really is bliss.
    This thread is not about me. It's about Prop 8 and it will remain open to discuss the topic. When it's closed, it's closed. May God be with you, balloon.
    11-01-08 08:13 PM
    I'll pray that you find tolerance, education and acceptance of others this morning while I'm in my LGBT friendly church golfnut. And it's not some "gay" church...it's a main stream denomination.

11-02-08 08:46 AM
    If this is supposedly going to be mentioned in schools, then at what level? I would assume it would be at the same age sex ed would be taught. Sex ed was taught in my high school. High school kids are ages 15 through 18, and the last time I checked they were already aware. So I guess I'm not really sure what the issue is to them mentioning gay lifestyles. And yes golfnut I am a parent.

11-02-08 10:44 AM
    I never showed hatred towards anyone, ballon. I expressed my opinion as everyone else here has. If anyone here has shown hate, it's you. Going on and on how you would wipe your a%# with the Bible. That was totally uncalled for. Yet no one called you on it. Kinda funny how people are so quick to defend gay rights but turn their heads about religion. If you call my view ignorance, than ignorance really is bliss.
    This thread is not about me. It's about Prop 8 and it will remain open to discuss the topic. When it's closed, it's closed. May God be with you, balloon.
    You just don't get it, do you? The personal beliefs of Christians are not deserving of respect. But those of homosexuals are. That's because Christians like Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King Jr. are ignorant agents of intolerance and homosexuals like Rosie O'Donnell are enlightened.
    11-02-08 11:09 AM
    You just don't get it, do you? The personal beliefs of Christians are not deserving of respect. But those of homosexuals are. That's because Christians like Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King Jr. are ignorant agents of intolerance and homosexuals like Rosie O'Donnell are enlightened.
    Whoah Whoah Whoah Whoah....

I am a gay Christian male raised by two wonderful, caring church going parents. My father happens to be a pastor. So don't go saying that personal beliefs of Christians are not deserving of respect. It's those who can't open their eyes to see past one or two verses in the Bible who are just plain ignorant. I have never heard the Leviticus passage or any of the others that are the "condemning" verses read on a Sunday morning in any of the churches I have gone to. All I hear is "God is Love", "Love one another as God has loved you" and "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish, but have Eternal Life".

Oh...and to whoever said that children become gay because they are molested? Who do you think is doing the molesting? Straight folks!

As for Rosie O'Donnell, while I respect her, she isn't one I look up to. I look up to people like Bishop V. Gene Robinson instead. Don't know who he is? Look him up.
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-02-08 at 11:28 AM.
    11-02-08 11:23 AM
    Being gay IS A CHOICE, I don't know why people think they are "born that way". Its simply not true. I was reading a study on this a while back, and something along the lines of 90% of gay men were molested as children. I will see if I can dig up the study...

hope this helps
    OK, I'm compelled to speak here if for no other reason because is is obvious that my opinion on this subject is in the minority here in this thread. The fact that they would even raise this quesion is yet another reason why I will never live in a place like California.

God bless those that can tolorate (not meant as a negative conitation for those that are a bit sensitive on the subject) the mindset that some have on the west coast.

vinnie_dugan, I'm with you my friend!

You people need to think for yourselves and don't be swayed into thinking some cocomami BS. Don't take the path of least resistance and get on the band wagon because it is easy to take that stance and most of the people (where you live) believe that way.

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion, all I ask is that you THINK for yourselves. There is no way anyone is born gay. It is learned/tought/accuired behavior. It is not natural. I have done extensive reading on this subject. No need to quote it here. You shouldn't need a study to know that it is not natural.

Ok ... Now fire away.

Please note that this is likely my first and last post on this subject. The issue is simple. If you don't get it now it is likley you never will.

Rock on ...
    11-02-08 11:49 AM
    Oh, it all makes sense to me now! Thanks for getting my back, I think?
    11-02-08 12:18 PM
    OK, I'm compelled to speak here if for no other reason because is is obvious that my opinion on this subject is in the minority here in this thread. The fact that they would even raise this quesion is yet another reason why I will never live in a place like California.

God bless those that can tolorate (not meant as a negative conitation for those that are a bit sensitive on the subject) the mindset that some have on the west coast.

vinnie_dugan, I'm with you my friend!

You people need to think for yourselves and don't be swayed into thinking some cocomami BS. Don't take the path of least resistance and get on the band wagon because it is easy to take that stance and most of the people (where you live) believe that way.

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion, all I ask is that you THINK for yourselves. There is no way anyone is born gay. It is learned/tought/accuired behavior. It is not natural. I have done extensive reading on this subject. No need to quote it here. You shouldn't need a study to know that it is not natural.

Ok ... Now fire away.

Please note that this is likely my first and last post on this subject. The issue is simple. If you don't get it now it is likley you never will.

Rock on ...
    I was never taught to be gay. Believe me. My life would be so much easier if I were straight. I was taught to be straight. I was taught that being straight was "natural". Yet here I am, a gay male. I never chose to be gay, just like you didn't choose to be straight. Do you think I would choose to be persecuted by people like yourself? Do you think people like Matthew Shepard choose to be beaten to death for their sexuality? Do you think people choose to live a lie in the closet for fear of people like you? Do you think people choose not to be able to see their loved one (partner) as they lay dying on their deathbed because they are not legally married? Geeze....some people are so ignorant...
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-02-08 at 12:31 PM.
    11-02-08 12:24 PM
    I'll pray that you find tolerance, education and acceptance of others this morning while I'm in my LGBT friendly church golfnut. And it's not some "gay" church...it's a main stream denomination.

Thank you. Why is it you are coming at me like that but not responding to obvious attacks on your Bible reading church? Or maybe you don't use the Bible at your church. Oh well. Atleast you go to church. Have a good day, niubeav.
    11-02-08 12:29 PM
    Thank you. Why is it you are coming at me like that but not responding to obvious attacks on your Bible reading church? Or maybe you don't use the Bible at your church. Oh well. Atleast you go to church. Have a good day, niubeav.
    We do. Believe me, I pray for many different people all the time, including those that are not religious. Heck...I've prayed for Osama at times....not because I agree with him, but for him to see how he has harmed the world.
    11-02-08 12:36 PM
    We do. Believe me, I pray for many different people all the time, including those that are not religious. Heck...I've prayed for Osama at times....not because I agree with him, but for him to see how he has harmed the world.
    Ok. I think we're making a little progress here. I really don't want this thread to be consumed with negativity. If we can agree to disagree respectfully, maybe it will catch on. It's a new day.
    11-02-08 12:45 PM
    We can agree that the Christian right is filled with a bunch of wackos.

Go see Religilous and you will get a clear picture of how wacked out religion really is.
    I was raised catholic and soon figured out what a load of bs they were asking me to swallow. Niubeav my issue doesn't lie with people such as yourself. My issue is with these Bible thumping wack jobs who have a f'd up view of reality. They probobly sit in judgement of the Muslim extremist and call them crazy but believe me they are right there along side of them.

Church turns it head on all the molestation of kids that takes place but by god homosexuality between 2 consenting adults will not be tolerated. Rape kids yes! Same sex never!

What a joke. But I guess it makes people feel better to belong to a group no matter what screwed up agenda is shoved down their throats. Religion is nothing but hypocrisy and lies with a good dose of fear thrown in for controlling the masses.

I can sit here and say without a doubt I have no fear of being punished or sent to some imaginary helll that some people believe in. As hard is it may be for the Bible carrying crowd to believe Hitler is not in this place called helll just like there are not 20 virgins waiting in heaven for Muslims.

Last edited by Balloon Knot; 11-02-08 at 01:27 PM.
    11-02-08 01:22 PM
353 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD