Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    If this prop passes, can a gay man marry a lesbian woman?
    10-31-08 09:55 AM
    So I have thought to myself before," I wish I could kill that guy! " In actuality, I could, right? But that would make me a killer. I chose not to act on a feeling I had. We are all capable of physically acting out feelings we have. Just because you are attracted to one gender doesn't mean you have to act on it. That is a choice. The Bible says so. However, not everyone believes in the same God, so to each their own. Call me what you will. These are my religious beliefs and I'm sticking to them. So will my kids.
    10-31-08 10:54 AM
    So I have thought to myself before," I wish I could kill that guy! " In actuality, I could, right? But that would make me a killer. I chose not to act on a feeling I had. We are all capable of physically acting out feelings we have. Just because you are attracted to one gender doesn't mean you have to act on it. That is a choice. The Bible says so. However, not everyone believes in the same God, so to each their own. Call me what you will. These are my religious beliefs and I'm sticking to them. So will my kids.
    Don't even get me started with the Bible. Do you eat pork? That's forbidden in the bible too. Do you wear a cotton/poly blend anytime? That's forbidden in the bible as well. The Bible also teaches you to do unto others as you want done unto you (the golden rule). Don't pick and choose what you want to follow in the Bible. It makes you a hippocrite.

I hope one of your children turns out to be LGBT.
    Last edited by niubeav; 10-31-08 at 11:06 AM.
    10-31-08 11:03 AM
    Don't even get me started with the Bible. Do you eat pork? That's forbidden in the bible too. Do you wear a cotton/poly blend anytime? That's forbidden in the bible as well. The Bible also teaches you to do unto others as you want done unto you (the golden rule). Don't pick and choose what you want to follow in the Bible. It makes you a hippocrite.

I hope one of your children turns out to be LGBT.
    Aww, now that's not nice! You are now going to judge me on what I do and don't follow in the Bible. My two sons have already shown a strong interest in females. So there goes that evil wish, huh? You are very familiar with the Bible. So does the golden rule also apply to your evil wish on my kid? I'm tired of trying to be nice about this. Do or act as you will as long as it doesn't involve my kids. Live your life and I'll live my Ignorant, Hippocritical, Homophobic life.
    10-31-08 11:22 AM
    You don't have to change your beliefs to live and let live. While I really don't know if gay marriage is right or wrong, I do not think it affects me one way or the other. It isn't an issue I feel strongly about, but back to the question posed, I would vote against the amendment. I do know I am strongly against legislating morality. What's next? Telling me what I can read? Telling me what movies I can watch? I live very near Focus on the Family's headquarters and I see a lot of news coverage about them, and there are a whole bunch of things these folks would like to legislate.

I don't think I am the one to tell people how to live their lives. I hear horror stories about how the gay lifestyle is going to be taught in schools etc., but I do not believe it. Schools are locally controlled and any school administrator who proposed such a curriculum would be fired within a week of suggesting such a thing in my district.

I do not support forcing people back into the closet to live their lives in fear of being discovered; back to where it was OK to discriminate against people for what they did at home. It wasn't so long ago these people were jailed for being gay. I also wonder about the motives of those who associate being gay with crimes against children when there are dozens of studies that have found this is untrue.

For those against gay marriage, what are your motivations. Deep down you must know this isn't going to be forced on you or your children. I know you believe the bible speaks against this, but Jesus himself told us not to judge -- and isn't that what you're doing? For myself, I prefer not to throw stones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 11:34 AM
    Aww, now that's not nice! You are now going to judge me on what I do and don't follow in the Bible. My two sons have already shown a strong interest in females. So there goes that evil wish, huh? You are very familiar with the Bible. So does the golden rule also apply to your evil wish on my kid? I'm tired of trying to be nice about this. Do or act as you will as long as it doesn't involve my kids. Live your life and I'll live my Ignorant, Hippocritical, Homophobic life.
    It's not an evil wish. There's nothing evil about it. I would be perfectly fine with one of my children being a part of the LGBT community. I would also be perfectly fine with them being straight as well. Did you choose to be straight? Wake up one day and say..I think today I'll like women?
    10-31-08 11:35 AM
    It's not an evil wish. There's nothing evil about it. I would be perfectly fine with one of my children being a part of the LGBT community. I would also be perfectly fine with them being straight as well. Did you choose to be straight? Wake up one day and say..I think today I'll like women?
    Did you say it like that earlier? I think not. You meant ill will by your post . You know, I don't give a s%#@! My kids are fine the way they are. STRAIGHT. You can think what you want. Remember the golden rule, niub!
    10-31-08 11:49 AM
    Did you say it like that earlier? I think not. You meant ill will by your post . You know, I don't give a s%#@! My kids are fine the way they are. STRAIGHT. You can think what you want. Remember the golden rule, niub!
    No ill will meant in my previous post. Just the fact that I think it would be an educational lesson for you to learn to love someone who is a member of the LGBT community instead of being ignorant.
    10-31-08 12:11 PM
    Serial killers have serious distortions of the frontal lobe, the part of the brain that deals with decision making. Does this render there crimes okay since they didn't make the choice to be that way?
    10-31-08 02:08 PM
    Serial killers have serious distortions of the frontal lobe, the part of the brain that deals with decision making. Does this render there crimes okay since they didn't make the choice to be that way?
    If you are equating being LGBT with being a serial killer, you've got some serious problems man. Who are LGBT people hurting? No one. It's not against the law. Sodomy laws were deemed unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 2003. Being gay is not against the law. Killing people is. Try to educate yourself a little bit with real reasearch.
    10-31-08 02:23 PM
    hate to burst your bubble golfnut but the bible is so full of sheet. It's a book ok. A book written by people who wanted to control and instill fear in others. It never was is or will be the word of God. If thats the word of God well then that God can go f himself. The Bible is a joke. Grates on me when people use the Bible to determine whats right and whats wrong and judge others. That book of fiction brainwashes people. "Hey God loves EVERYONE but if you p*ss him off you will go to h3ll." " Fear the wrath of God if you don't follow his commandments." " I created EVERYONE in the image and likeness of me except homosexuals. I don't know how they got here!" "Before you die you better accept Jesus christ the savior into your life or your going to helll" please enough of this nonsense with the Bible already.

I'd wipe my buttt with the Bible and lay it on the alter, thats what I think of it. Really golf there is no helll so don't worry I won't be sent there.

Now onto to your comment "Just because you are attracted to one gender doesn't mean you have to act on it."

your ignorance has reached an all time high.
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-31-08 at 02:42 PM.
    10-31-08 02:34 PM
    No ill will meant in my previous post. Just the fact that I think it would be an educational lesson for you to learn to love someone who is a member of the LGBT community instead of being ignorant.
    That's a lesson I'll gladly steer clear of by any means. The bottom line is if they can come up with a prop. that allows gays to be married and yet not teach, speak or hint ********** living in schools, then I can live with that. Until then, absolutely not! FYI, I don't care what lessons you feel would be educational to me. This is not ignorance. I choose not to understand or care about it. I choose to believe in my faith that says homosexuality is indeed a choice. You can choose to believe or practice any lifestyle you want. Just stay clear of me and mine.
    10-31-08 02:41 PM
    hate to burst your bubble golfnut but the bible is so full of sheet. It's a book ok. A book written by people who wanted to control and instill fear in others. It never was is or will be the word of God. If thats the word of God well then that God can go f himself. The Bible is a joke. Grates on me when people use the Bible to determine whats right and whats wrong and judge others. That book of fiction brainwashes people. "Hey God loves EVERYONE but if you p*ss him off you will go to h3ll." " Fear the wrath of God if you don't follow his commandments." " I created EVERYONE in the image and likeness of me except homosexuals. I don't know how they got here!" "Before you die you better accept Jesus christ the savior into your life or your going to helll" please enough of this nonsense with the Bible already.

I'd wipe my buttt with the Bible and lay it on the alter, thats what I think of it. Really golf there is no helll so don't worry I won't be sent there.

Now onto to your unintelligent comment "Just because you are attracted to one gender doesn't mean you have to act on it."

WOW!!! I truly feel and pray for you. God is real and the Bible is testimony of how we should try to live.
    You are simply lost. I'm so overwhelmed with what you said that I completely passed over anger. Good luck in life.
    10-31-08 02:47 PM
    If you are equating being LGBT with being a serial killer, you've got some serious problems man. Who are LGBT people hurting? No one. It's not against the law. Sodomy laws were deemed unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 2003. Being gay is not against the law. Killing people is. Try to educate yourself a little bit with real reasearch.
    So would being gay be wrong if it was against the law?

Besides even if we all agree to let gays be gay, it doesn't necessarily follow that the government should bless gay unions.

Now onto to your comment "Just because you are attracted to one gender doesn't mean you have to act on it."

Except that it's true. Just because I enjoy fast food doesn't mean I need to eat it.

The bottom line is if they can come up with a prop. that allows gays to be married and yet not teach, speak or hint ********** living in schools, then I can live with that. Until then, absolutely not!
    If that's your only concern, wouldn't it make more sense to take it up with the school board rather than a constitutional amendment?

I choose to believe in my faith that says homosexuality is indeed a choice. You can choose to believe or practice any lifestyle you want. Just stay clear of me and mine.
    You choose your lifestyle, not your sexual attractions.
    10-31-08 02:52 PM
    This initiative would actually take await rights that people now enjoy. Can't remember that ever happening.
    I was complaining to the UN Human Rights Council when NYC took away my right to smoke in public buildings.
    10-31-08 02:55 PM
    So would being gay be wrong if it was against the law?

Besides even if we all agree to let gays be gay, it doesn't necessarily follow that the government should bless gay unions.
    The point is, it isn't against the law. Period. End. The govenment needs to acknowledge and register gay unions/marriages because marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privilage.
    10-31-08 03:00 PM
    Yea that's how the Roman Empire started to fall. So I guess with what is going on in this election same sex marriage is just the way things will go.
    I also don't give a crap if a person wants to be with the same sex, but DO NOT push this crap on my kids and into their schools.
    How about a vote or a law for not allowing teachers to teach alternative life styles? Then just allow adults do what they want. What people do not understand is this is the start of NAMBLA to get their way down the road. So let the whole dam world screw who they want. Just stop taking my rights away to replace them with yours.
    My right to own guns, say merry christmas instead of happy holidays. Say the pledge of allegiance at ball games or allow my kids to salute the flag. How bout telling me I can't have Transfats. Making me eat crap for my health. How about it? It does not concern anyone but me right?
    Why do you all have to decide that your rights are more important then mine, and I should accept such things has same sex marriage if you refuse to allow me to do what I want.

Now homosexuals are raping kids? Wow.........

Again, I do not care how one CHOOSES to live one's life. That does not mean I don't value my CHOICE of governing what goes into my kids ears.

BTW it's not a choice. It is in their/my genetic makeup.

There you go my rights are not has important I guess. After all I don't stick a gun barrel up someones a$$ for pleasure.
    You say teaching alternative styles will not turn your kid gay.
    Maybe not but make it ok and let them see it is ok in a class then experimentation starts. Who says your kid ain't going to try it. Now in San Fran they took a class on a trip. It was to watch and participate on a alternative wedding. You see kids being taken to a regular wedding?
    You want to teach alternative styles. Then you got to teach Beasteality,sex torture that sodomy is ok and any alternative. After all why Denied someone their right if you gain yours?

Again I have no problem with alternative life styles. I have it in my own family in relatives. I love them very much and will do anything for them.
    I have witnessed what teaching does to a young mind. You want to teach in collage no problem.
    It is up to parents to explain the different styles to life.
    There is enough on TV to make kids ask already. No one ever taught Sex Ed when I went to school. Seems that my Generation came out ok. Even with Hippies and Free Love. Our worry was Penicillin if we messed up.
    Now it is a little more of a concern. What I want to know is why in this alternative class no mention of protection and what certain things you do can might give you.
    I saw what they want to teach in my district. When I asked I was told it was not a priority and they do not want to stereotype a lifestyle with a disease.

Sex with guns now? Really, nice generation. Can't wait till all of you die off.
    10-31-08 03:01 PM
    I was complaining to the UN Human Rights Council when NYC took away my right to smoke in public buildings.
    In that instance, you were forcing your lifestyle on others. LGBT people don't force others to be LGBT, we just want the same rights and privilages that are afforded to straight people.
    10-31-08 03:02 PM
    WOW!!! I truly feel and pray for you. God is real and the Bible is testimony of how we should try to live.
    You are simply lost. I'm so overwhelmed with what you said that I completely passed over anger. Good luck in life.
    believe me golf I'm very good. It is not me who is lost it is you. Trust me on this.

You should live life fully and not be brainwashed by this silly book. some things in the Bible are good. Other things are just plain bs. In the bible it says incest is a sin yes? Well that makes the story of Adam and Ever filled with incest now doesn't it?

The Virgin Mary and the immaculate conception? You buy that whole load of bs? Some broad got pregnant without intercourse. Come on Golf your not that naive.

Pergatory? Was in the bible. Now there is no pergatory. Explain that one. They just turned over the "word of God". How does that happen?

Don't you see your being lied to and they are teaching you fear. It is not uniting you with others it divides you. Don't you see that. Take a look around the world today. Wars are fought over religion. Religion divides and teaches intolorance.

If I'm lost I'll gladly stay lost. It's better than living as a hypocrite and that you are.
    10-31-08 03:03 PM
    The point is, it isn't against the law. Period. End. The govenment needs to acknowledge and register gay unions/marriages because marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privilage.
    Amen to that! I wish more people felt that way.
    10-31-08 03:04 PM
    You know, the more and more I read peoples posts on this thread, the more I realize how angry the LGBT people are. Constantly degrading and insulting those who believe differently than they do. The Bible issue is an entirely separate one and all I can say is may God bless you all. Have a nice day.
    10-31-08 03:17 PM
    I'm a straight male golf.

10-31-08 03:23 PM

I happen to be a gay male myself, but I know plenty of straight men and women who oppose proposition 8 and will be just as vocal about it as I am.
    10-31-08 03:26 PM
    You know, the more and more I read peoples posts on this thread, the more I realize how angry the LGBT people are. Constantly degrading and insulting those who believe differently than they do. The Bible issue is an entirely separate one and all I can say is may God bless you all. Have a nice day.
    I don't disregard or insult what anyone thinks, to each his own. I'm gay and I'm not angry, I just get a little heated over certain topics.
    10-31-08 03:26 PM

Good for you, balloon. I'm really trying to avoid being negative so I'll step back for a while before I say (write) things I'll regret. Looking back, I'm glad you brought up the Bible because it reminded of something important to me. So thanks, balloon.
    10-31-08 03:36 PM
353 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD