Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    Are you saying that if kids are exposed to alternative lifestyles in school they will try it themselves. If so, I respectfully say that is based on ignorance. Homosexuality is NOT A CHOICE, you are born that way. Also, it is thinking like that made desegregation so difficult. Simply because it is on the voting table does not mean it is important---it just means someone somewhere is ignorant as well and had the power to place it on a ballot. Your kids your choice.
    Yes I am, respectfully. I know several people that tried it in high school and called it "A Phase". Both boys and girls. I believe it is a choice. I don't believe one has to do anything if they choose not to. Yet people do it anyways. That's ok by me. Just don't feed that stuff to my kids ears. That's all.
    By the way, we all have our own opinions. We need to respect them. I'll choose not to call anyone ignorant. Please extend the same to me.
    10-30-08 08:05 PM
    Yes I am, respectfully. I know several people that tried it in high school and called it "A Phase". Both boys and girls. I believe it is a choice. I don't believe one has to do anything if they choose not to. Yet people do it anyways. That's ok by me. Just don't feed that stuff to my kids ears. That's all.
    By the way, we all have our own opinions. We need to respect them. I'll choose not to call anyone ignorant. Please extend the same to me.

I said respectfully and ignorant means not knowing nothing else. If you believe homosexuality is a choice and one could do anything if they choose not to is ignorant.
    10-30-08 08:29 PM
    I said respectfully and ignorant means not knowing nothing else. If you believe homosexuality is a choice and one could do anything if they choose not to is ignorant.
    You don't choose to respect my request so I'm done debating with you.
    10-30-08 08:34 PM
    You don't choose to respect my request so I'm done debating with you.
    Clearly your choice:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    ig⋅no⋅rant   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation

�adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
    10-30-08 08:39 PM
    Clearly your choice:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    ig⋅no⋅rant   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation

�adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
    Look, I took your posts as insults. That's how they read to me. You were implying I was being ignorant because my beliefs or thinking was different than yours. If you feel a certain way about something, good for you. That's your right. I also have that same right. No need to post definitions. Let's get back to the subject. Peace
    10-30-08 08:56 PM
    This is where ignorance comes in. Prop 8 is simply a proposition to make gay marriage legal like hetero marriage. It has nothing to do with kids or schools.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 08:57 PM
    Look, I took your posts as insults. That's how they read to me. You were implying I was being ignorant because my beliefs or thinking was different than yours. If you feel a certain way about something, good for you. That's your right. I also have that same right. No need to post definitions. Let's get back to the subject. Peace
    I am not surprised that you did. I posted the definition to show you how I used the word---the word gets missued OFTEN. We are on topic. I never said you did not have the right to feel how you do, what I said and still mean was that your belief that homosexuality is a choice is based on not having a thorough understanding of homosexuality.
    10-30-08 09:09 PM
    Being gay IS A CHOICE, I don't know why people think they are "born that way". Its simply not true. I was reading a study on this a while back, and something along the lines of 90% of gay men were molested as children. I will see if I can dig up the study...

hope this helps
    10-30-08 09:28 PM
    Good lawd, the level of ignorance has reached an all time high now---it is time for me to bow out!!!
    10-30-08 09:41 PM
    Being gay IS A CHOICE, I don't know why people think they are "born that way". Its simply not true. I was reading a study on this a while back, and something along the lines of 90% of gay men were molested as children. I will see if I can dig up the study...

hope this helps
    that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
    Let me ask you this Vinnie. Did you have to sit down and decide who you were going to be attracted to? Were you like "hmmm I think I will like guys. Wait no girls! Yeah girls! ill like girls." was it a choice for you or did it just come natural?

10-30-08 09:57 PM

hope this helps
    Are you kidding me? You have obviously not done research on homosexuality. Do you obviously think gay men and women would choose to be harassed and tortured and made to feel less human? New research coming out say that there is a link between biology and homosexuality. Don't be ignorant. Do some research, try to open your mind.
    10-30-08 09:59 PM
    This is where ignorance comes in. Prop 8 is simply a proposition to make gay marriage legal like hetero marriage. It has nothing to do with kids or schools.

I think you have it mixed up. Proposition 8 will decline marriage rights to gay and lesbian couples. It will take away their right to marry. If you vote no on prop 8, you are supporting allowing LGBT couples to marry. If you vote yes, you are only allowing straight couples to marry. Just a point of clarification.
    10-30-08 10:01 PM
    I think you have it mixed up. Proposition 8 will decline marriage rights to gay and lesbian couples. It will take away their right to marry. If you vote no on prop 8, you are supporting allowing LGBT couples to marry. If you vote yes, you are only allowing straight couples to marry. Just a point of clarification.
    yes exactly. I should have clarified that.

10-30-08 10:04 PM
    Yes, Prop 8 legalizes gay marriage. Go vote FOR it!
    10-30-08 11:35 PM
    gonna be a neg from me
    10-30-08 11:37 PM
    You homophobic yeahman?

10-30-08 11:39 PM
    Stop spreading false information. Proposition 8 does not legalize gay marriage. It does the exact opposite. It makes it illegal. GO VOTE AGAINST PROPOSITION 8!!!!!!!!! Please let everyone have the same rights to marry the person they love. Vote no on 8!

Please visit No On 8, Don't Eliminate Marriage For Anyone
    Last edited by niubeav; 10-30-08 at 11:45 PM.
    10-30-08 11:39 PM
    Meaning of Voting Yes/No
    A YES vote on this measure means:
    The California Constitution will specify that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.

A NO vote on this measure means:
    A NO vote on this measure means: Marriage between individuals of the same sex would continue to be valid or recognized in California.

for those who might need it
    10-30-08 11:43 PM

hope this helps
    OMG you did NOT just say that! Being gay is NOT a choice. When I was growing up I didn't sit there and think ok, I want to be different from all of my peers so I'm going to be gay. If you were to ask gay people if they a choice between being gay or straight I can bet that most of them would choose straight. Growing up and knowing that you are different from everyone around you is not an easy task.

That molestation line is bull. I grew up in a loving household with both of my parents and look I'm still gay!

Hmm......maybe tomorrow I'll be straight!
    10-31-08 12:56 AM
    I'm not in California, but I have a hard time accepting being gay as a choice. Who on earth would willingly want to take that on. They are ridiculed and accused of being pedophiles. Now, because they want a civil union to be accepted as a marriage, they are even being accused of attacking the foundation of society. You know, I still don't remember the day I decided to be straight. I really think I was just born that way.

10-31-08 01:29 AM
    For someone to say it IS A CHOICE is blantantly IGNORANT. I have a few people in my family and close friends who or both Gay and Lesbian and they didn't wake up one morning and decide "hey I wanna like the same sex because its cool"

Its not a choice, and the whole molestation thing may play a role in some, but not all.

I look at it this way

If two straight parents raise a gay child, where was the influence if they were loving him and naturing him/her.

I'm just I don't even know what to say.

10-31-08 01:32 AM
    So they chose to be molested?
    10-31-08 02:52 AM
    Hahaha, remember he read a study... He must be right. Hahaha

10-31-08 04:09 AM
    Well, my step-daughter had a girlfriend for a while. I know her childhood wasn't easy (obviously there was a divorce in there for her), but I don't believe she was molested...

I do believe there are some out there that make the choice, probably moreso the ones that just enjoy the company of others, but I don't think most people make the choice. Could molestation come into play? Yes. But that's similar to someone being born gay. Which ever of those two caused it, the effect is still not a choice.
    10-31-08 05:50 AM
    Let's not forget the tens of thousands of married MEN that are living on the down low. Their living a life of a lie. They are denying who they really are and no matter what they do they cannot escape their true sexuality.

Sexual attraction can or will never be a choice.

10-31-08 09:42 AM
353 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD