Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    I would like to know how because to me calling me a biggot is just has bad as me calling people faggots. It is your character assassination of me. Maybe you don't see it has a un politically correct word like *** or n-gg-r but it is.
    And trust me most likely you don't know what it is like taking s--t for I have the knife wounds and bullet holes from standing up for civil rights in the 60"s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 05:25 PM
    I would like to know how because to me calling me a biggot is just has bad as me calling people faggots. It is your character assassination of me. Maybe you don't see it has a un politically correct word like *** or n-gg-r but it is.
    And trust me most likely you don't know what it is like taking s--t for I have the knife wounds and bullet holes from standing up for civil rights in the 60"s.

Ok....I never called you a biggot. I was reffering to someone else. If you're going to come back and attack me, get your posts straight.

11-29-08 05:49 PM
    Let me just add one more thing and then stop being a troll.
    If I just put biggot and maggot together most likely that would have been ok.
    So first off if I hurt your feelings with the word faggots. I am sorry it was not my intention.
    Now I need to do something important and walk my dog.

11-29-08 05:52 PM
    I just got the last message and thought it was my posts. So who ever is starting crap with you I hope it works out.

11-29-08 05:55 PM
    Let me just add one more thing and then stop being a troll.
    If I just put biggot and maggot together most likely that would have been ok.
    So first off if I hurt your feelings with the word faggots. I am sorry it was not my intention.
    Now I need to do something important and walk my dog.

How is responding to people and challenging others opinions being a forum troll?

Thanks for the apology. I use the quote feature so people know who I'm responding to.

11-29-08 06:00 PM
    I'm sorry, but why CAN'T they be wrong? There was a time when the 'majority' of states thought slavery and the denial of black people their rights was correct, and that was overturned....and now we have a black president. Just because the majority feels that way doesn't make them right.
    Maybe not in general but in this case, yes( imo ). Thanks for your opinion, though.
    11-29-08 10:17 PM
    Maybe not in general but in this case, yes( imo ). Thanks for your opinion, though.
    In this case, yup, they can be wrong. Thanks for playing! I'm sorry, you didn't win the $100 question. You'll be going home today with no Capital One check made out to golfnut. Like you said that's your opinion. No matter what, separate is not equal. That has been proven by the civil rights movement of the 1960s and this is the civil rights movement of today. Remember, there were people that thought the way you do about gay marriage about African Americans getting equal rights in the 1960s. We will win our right to marry back.

Hmm....maybe I'll go use my music background and write some gay civil rights songs....
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-29-08 at 10:47 PM.
    11-29-08 10:44 PM
    In this case, yup, they can be wrong. Thanks for playing! I'm sorry, you didn't win the $100 question. You'll be going home today with no Capital One check made out to golfnut. Like you said that's your opinion. No matter what, separate is not equal. That has been proven by the civil rights movement of the 1960s and this is the civil rights movement of today. Remember, there were people that thought the way you do about gay marriage about African Americans getting equal rights in the 1960s. We will win our right to marry back.

Hmm....maybe I'll go use my music background and write some gay civil rights songs....
    You are quite funny, niubeav! Do ...whatever it is that you do, be it writing songs, being sarcastic, clever or just amusing. I always enjoy the fact that YOU always reply to my posts. In fact, my wife and I were just discussing that very fact earlier. I can always count on you to brighten up my mood.
    11-30-08 11:44 PM
    You are quite funny, niubeav! Do ...whatever it is that you do, be it writing songs, being sarcastic, clever or just amusing. I always enjoy the fact that YOU always reply to my posts. In fact, my wife and I were just discussing that very fact earlier. I can always count on you to brighten up my mood.
    I'm glad you can laugh at the misfortune of others.

And your ignorance makes me laugh, yet be sad at the same time that the human race can be so hateful to those who are different from the majority.
    12-01-08 12:11 AM
    Why do words like J-E-R-K count as curse words-

But the word ****** doesn't?

What The Heck.

****** is the equivalent of N-I-G***.

Is N-I-G*** Censored?

Exactly.

Say N-I-G*** to a Black Person. You'll be shot. You'd be labeled a racist- and looked down upon.

Say ****** or call something Gay and it's okay.

How dare they have sex with a person of the same gender?

How dare they experience love in an unconventional manner?

You'd be Teaching them Faggots a Lesson.

Serves them Right, Faggots.

And BTW-

I wouldn't be surprised if I get PMed by the mods about this.

I don't think I should be banned over a word that isn't considered a Curse word to begin with.

Bann me if you like. Just change the setting to include ****** along with N-I-***.

'Tis Only Fair, Faggots.

Please Note- the Majority of all this is Sarcastic.

I'm Explicitly stating this just to be clear to those dense, ignorant posters that have been posting here as of late.

Flame On.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-02-08 at 11:04 AM.
    12-01-08 03:37 PM
    I'm glad you can laugh at the misfortune of others.

And your ignorance makes me laugh, yet be sad at the same time that the human race can be so hateful to those who are different from the majority.
    Maybe I'm writing it wrong but just to clarify, I'm not laughing at the misfortune of others. I was refering to your reply. It was funny. Seriously.
    12-01-08 06:57 PM
    Eventually, many years from now, lets say year 2070, that will no longer be an issue, why stalling it? why not leaving everyone to do whatever with their life, thats sexual matters, why instead of wasting all this effort on such things dont we instead try thinking how to tackle more important issues like poverty, sickness, make our kids smarter and happier??

just a thought
    12-02-08 11:17 AM
    Because Normally, the Average Human Being Feels what goes on in a certain persons bedroom is much more important than whether or not we'll have enough water in 20-50 years, whether or not their child will get a decent education, whether or not we'll have enough money to buy some bread and milk for tomorrow mornings breakfast.

Just look at all the Tabloid Crap.

Who cares about Britneys Coochie? Who Cares that Paris Hilton may have Crabs? Who Cares if Ricky Martin is playing volleyball with some dude at the beach?

Apparently alot of people do, Tabloids sell like Hot Cakes, and the Papparazi are like roaches. They wouldnt be so frantic if the money wasn't good.

It's much easier to nitpick at the small mistakes instead of admiring a painting in its entirety.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-02-08 at 03:26 PM.
    12-02-08 11:23 AM
    Because Normally, the Average Human Being Feels what goes on in a certain persons bedroom is much more important than whether or not we'll have enough water in 20-50 years, whether or not their child will get a decent education, whether or not we'll have enough money to buy some bread and milk for tomorrow mornings breakfast.

Who cares about Britneys Coochie? Who Cares that Paris Hilton may have Crabs? Who Cares if Ricky Martin is playing volleyball with some dude at the beach?

Apparently alot of people do, Tabloids sell like Hot Cakes, and the Papparazi are like roaches. They wouldnt be so frantic if the money wasn't good.

It's much easier to nitpick at the small mistakes instead of admiring a painting in its entirety.

WOW.. It seems that you really read the tabloids, I didn't know about all that, does Paris really has crabs?... lol

J/K
    12-02-08 06:08 PM

It's not so much what's going on in someone's bedroom that bothers me. That's fine. What I have a problem with is people showcasing it for all to see. That goes for the straight people, too.
    As far as the media is concerned, people will buy into that mess forever. It doesn't mean those same people care less about the valid issues you mentioned. It's not like reading the Enquirer is all they do. In the end, gay marriage will probably be accepted in CA. I do hope I will be in Texas by then, though.
    12-02-08 07:06 PM
    It's not so much what's going on in someone's bedroom that bothers me. That's fine. What I have a problem with is people showcasing it for all to see. That goes for the straight people, too.
    As far as the media is concerned, people will buy into that mess forever. It doesn't mean those same people care less about the valid issues you mentioned. It's not like reading the Enquirer is all they do. In the end, gay marriage will probably be accepted in CA. I do hope I will be in Texas by then, though.
    If you don't like straight people showcasing their affection for each other in public either, then I would like to vote on straight marriage as well. It just seems logical. If we vote on a select group of people's rights, then we need to vote on everyone's rights.

I truly believe that eventually gay marriage will be legalized in all fifty of the United States. Yes, even your precious Texas. And I hope and pray that it will happen in my lifetime. It is the new civil rights movement. State universities there are already offering domestic partner benefits and included sexual orientation and gender identity in their non-discrimination clauses.

LGBT folk are real people who deserve the same rights and privileges as straight people. There is no excuse. Period. End. And for you bible thumpers out there, just remember, the Bible was also used to justify slavery at one point. Times will change, and we will have our rights.

BTW Golf, have you decided on a Blackberry yet?
    12-03-08 09:14 AM
    BTW Golf, have you decided on a Blackberry yet?
    Of Course Not!

He's not here for the Blackberry/Smartphone Goodness!

He's Here for the Off Topic Goodness!
    12-03-08 09:31 AM
    Of Course Not!

He's not here for the Blackberry/Smartphone Goodness!

He's Here for the Off Topic Goodness!
    You guys got that right! Actually, I'm going through some rough financial times at the moment. As soon as I can, I'll be purchasing a brand new Bold. Thank you guys for caring, though.
    12-03-08 06:44 PM
    1. There's not enough love in this world. The idea of legislating against love is ridiculous to me. If two adults want to have a marriage, they should be allowed to. Nobody gets hurt. It doesn't preclude to straight people from loving each other or getting married, nor does it diminish their bond.

2. The comment that "that's how the Roman Empire" started to fall may be a nice quick one liner, but the closer analogy to the US/Roman Empire is the use of imperialism-- it's a ponzi scheme that cannot be kept up indefinitely.
    12-10-08 01:12 PM
    Actually, there's entirely TOO much love in this world! What happened to the days when people were discreet? I think I was born in the wrong era because all this tolerance is really getting to me. Long gone are the days of normalcy.
    12-10-08 11:51 PM
    I always thought marriage was about love, not gender.

I'm all for equal rights, and I'm sure this will pass eventually. It took a long time for anything of actual importance to pass.
    12-11-08 12:04 AM
    NO ON PROP 8 I am not gay and i still feel this as a social injustice it really makes me upset. I live in NY and I get upset that I have to see my gay friends feel like second citizens. it is wrong and unfair I am in an interracial relationship and I can't imagine not being able to marry him. If we were born in the 50's we would have to have waited till late 60s to marry! . its wrong and insane and whatever you do in your bedroom is your business and no one elses!!!! I am the most liberal person I know aside from my BF I could never date someone that was a racist or homophobic nada none of that. I dont play that. I went to the No on Prop 8 rally here in NYC I have some pics on my blog it was in early november. this is America the land of the free and I cant believe it is not legal here yet.
    12-11-08 02:07 AM
    People seem to fear that just because something is legal, it is rigidly taught as truth.

It's legal to be Buddhist but that doesn't mean that the Buddhist culture or philosophy is taught and imposed on American children.

If teachers feel strongly enough for or against gay relationships, this will come out in their teaching classes regardless of whether or not it is legal to marry.

I doubt that with the legality of gay marriage any school syllabus will be changed specifically to encompass imposing anything more than a fleeting knowledge of the fact that the option exists.

Conversely, I do not think that teaching kids that some people choose to live with people of the same sex will in any way 'influence' them into becoming homosexuals themselves. It will do no more than teach tolerance and hopefully reduce some of the hate and mistrust that gay people suffer.
    12-11-08 03:13 AM
    NO ON PROP 8 I am not gay and i still feel this as a social injustice it really makes me upset. I live in NY and I get upset that I have to see my gay friends feel like second citizens. it is wrong and unfair I am in an interracial relationship and I can't imagine not being able to marry him. If we were born in the 50's we would have to have waited till late 60s to marry! . its wrong and insane and whatever you do in your bedroom is your business and no one elses!!!! I am the most liberal person I know aside from my BF I could never date someone that was a racist or homophobic nada none of that. I dont play that. I went to the No on Prop 8 rally here in NYC I have some pics on my blog it was in early november. this is America the land of the free and I cant believe it is not legal here yet.
    Damn you're up late V....lol....

personally i dont understand why people get so sensitive over what someone else is doing...are you really that insecure? if it's a religious thing i can understand that actually....so change the name of the "term", make it a "union"...but why deny these people the same right of tax breaks, insurance benefits etc that YOU are entitled to? thats what they're looking for - equality in society...they are not necessarily looking for equality in your church (that's a whole other discussion you could get me going on - and yes i am a christian)

hope everyone is having a great morning....
    12-11-08 06:29 AM
    if it's a religious thing i can understand that actually....so change the name of the "term", make it a "union"
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but this really makes no sense to me. Was the word marriage invented by Christians? Is it a concept reserved only for Christians? Young men and women in India have traditional arranged marriages all the time, and Christians have no desire to change this to "traditional arranged hindu unions".

I don't understand why people think the word 'marriage' can not apply to same sex men and women when it is so readily used for many, many other ceremonies that have nothing to do with Christianity.

PS. I am in no way suggesting that all Indian people are Hindu
    12-11-08 06:39 AM
353 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD