Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    I just read through this whole thing and now my head hurts.

This is going to be my one and only comment in this thread.

Forgetting religion, whether being gay is a choice, or any of the
    rest of the foolishness masquerading as coherent reasoning that
    has been presented in this thread, it is my feeling that it is a
    very dangerous thing when we as a nation start allowing the
    rights of any group of people to be determined by a popular
    vote.

That is what the Constitution is for. And Prop 8 will NEVER pass
    Constitutional muster.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-26-08 at 10:27 PM.
    11-26-08 10:25 PM
    I just read through this whole thing and now my head hurts.

This is going to be my one and only comment in this thread.

Forgetting religion, whether being gay is a choice, or any of the
    rest of the foolishness masquerading as coherent reasoning that
    has been presented in this thread, it is my feeling that it is a
    very dangerous thing when we as a nation start allowing the
    rights of any group of people to be determined by a popular
    vote.

That is what the Constitution is for. And Prop 8 will NEVER pass
    Constitutional muster.

AMEN! The rule of the majority should never take away the rights of a minority. I hope you voted against the constitutional convention in CT like I did (Yes, i'm living in IL, but I'm still a legal resident of CT...I look weird with my blue licensee plates driving around with ones with pictures of Lincoln on it).
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-26-08 at 10:40 PM.
    11-26-08 10:38 PM
    I say let them get married, they are all people too. It's really not physically hurting anybody, everyone deserves the chance to get married and be happy
    11-28-08 07:17 PM
    I'm for it. Or against it. Or which ever one means I just don't give a crap who wants to get married. I'll never understand why people feel like they have to care what other peoples sexual orientation is. If you want to get married you should be able to get married. Its not like straight marriages are doing any good. Have you seen the divorce rate lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 09:16 PM
    Isn't the divorce rate the same as it has been? 50%, right? Either way, we all have our opinions on the matter. California has voiced, or should I say voted ours. No hate, just a fact.
    I have a question I'd like to ask. Do you think same sex couples adopting children has an effect on the childs mind? I mean, will it mess with his/her head as the child grows? This question is for all who have an opinion and would like to share.
    11-29-08 01:45 AM
    I've been protesting ever since it got passed!
    11-29-08 02:07 AM
    I've been protesting ever since it got passed!
    Are there still protests going on? I thought that stopped a while back.
    11-29-08 02:25 AM
    They are still going on! I was just at one on Monday.
    11-29-08 02:28 AM
    I'll give credit where it's due. Y'all really fight for yours. Have there been any recent talks of any changes to come or are you yelling on deaf ears?
    11-29-08 02:32 AM
    I'll give credit where it's due. Y'all really fight for yours. Have there been any recent talks of any changes to come or are you yelling on deaf ears?
    Have you not listened to CA news? The CA supreme court has agreed to listen to the cases that say that Prop 8 is unconstitutional (which it is). As for a gay couple adopting a child, I wrote something like a 10 page essay on that junior year of college (got an A on it I might add, at a very conservative college). The short answer is, no, it doesn't affect the child's mind negatively. The scientists who say it does are part of the extreme religious right.
    11-29-08 10:47 AM
    Have you not listened to CA news? The CA supreme court has agreed to listen to the cases that say that Prop 8 is unconstitutional (which it is). As for a gay couple adopting a child, I wrote something like a 10 page essay on that junior year of college (got an A on it I might add, at a very conservative college). The short answer is, no, it doesn't affect the child's mind negatively. The scientists who say it does are part of the extreme religious right.
    As to the courts reviewing the info, it is what it is. I do believe that if little "Bobby", who is straight, grows up seeing Daddy & Daddy kissing and what not, it will severely screw his mind up. How can it not?
    11-29-08 02:34 PM
    I think it's a candy issue and shouldn't even be considered when electing an official.

That being said, it's not one of those issues the government should have ANY hand in...like pro-choice and all of that. These are just ridiculous issues to distract you from bigger issues.
    11-29-08 02:37 PM
    As to the courts reviewing the info, it is what it is. I do believe that if little "Bobby", who is straight, grows up seeing Daddy & Daddy kissing and what not, it will severely screw his mind up. How can it not?
    Umm....it doesn't. Period. End. End of Discussion. There are actually studies that have been done that say a child that grows up in a split household or a single parent household are actually worse off than those who are raised with two mothers or two fathers.

Even the president elect (who you voted for) supports it.Obama says he supports LGBT adoption | 365 Gay News

The American Academy of Pediatrics also supports lgbt adoption.

Technical Report: Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents -- Perrin and Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health 109 (2): 341 -- Pediatrics

It is more important for a child to have two loving and accepting parents.

Would you rather have a child raised by an abusive father and homocidal mother, or by two gay men or lesbians who will love the child and care for him or her and provide them with a good education and solid family?
    11-29-08 02:44 PM
    Umm....it doesn't. Period. End. End of Discussion. There are actually studies that have been done that say a child that grows up in a split household or a single parent household are actually worse off than those who are raised with two mothers or two fathers.

Even the president elect (who you voted for) supports it.Obama says he supports LGBT adoption | 365 Gay News

The American Academy of Pediatrics also supports lgbt adoption.

Technical Report: Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents -- Perrin and Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health 109 (2): 341 -- Pediatrics

It is more important for a child to have two loving and accepting parents.

Would you rather have a child raised by an abusive father and homocidal mother, or by two gay men or lesbians who will love the child and care for him or her and provide them with a good education and solid family?
    Hey niubeav, turn it down a notch, please. We are just discussing another issue. No need to get your panti. (oops) all in a bunch! lol.
    I guess option 2 is better for the child. On the other hand, what if it's a choice between a loving straight couple and a loving gay couple? Hands down, it's gotta be the straight couple. That is the real question. It's easy to choose your way when it's between being loved or beaten.
    By the way, just because I voted for Obama doesn't mean I agree with all his views. He has his faults, too.
    11-29-08 02:57 PM
    Well another reason I didn't vote for Obama.
    Also that's a bunch of crap it doesn't screw the kids up.
    You could show me all the studies you want but they have not had enough time to show what happens in their adult lives.
    There have been cases where they turn into gay bashes and abuse the people they get into relationships with.
    Not that it ain't no different then what straight people do, but don't make it sound like it is the better alternative.

I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry

11-29-08 03:11 PM
    All I'm doing is showing research that proves my point. Nothing is in a binch. Personally, I trust the AAP more than I trust you. You're a biggot plain and simple. I go and provide research done on the issue by a reputible source instead of relying on my own opinions. I'm an educator, and that's all I'm trying to do. Educate you

If there are two loving couples who want to raise a child, one gay, one straight, then they will both raise perfectly normal children. Only difference is one will prob be more accepting than the other.

11-29-08 03:35 PM
    Well another reason I didn't vote for Obama.
    Also that's a bunch of crap it doesn't screw the kids up.
    You could show me all the studies you want but they have not had enough time to show what happens in their adult lives.
    There have been cases where they turn into gay bashes and abuse the people they get into relationships with.
    Not that it ain't no different then what straight people do, but don't make it sound like it is the better alternative.

I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry

Thanks for makinbg my point for me and helping my cause even though you want to stay anti gay rights

11-29-08 03:38 PM
    Trust me I am far from being a biggot
    But it is amazing how Biggot and ****** are so close together just like maggot

11-29-08 03:41 PM
    Are you f*#*ing serious?

Will a moderator please delete that comment? It is ridiculously offensive and wrong on so many levels.

11-29-08 04:17 PM
    What makes you the judge of it being wrong or right. That is what freedom of speech is about. No you rather try to muzzle someone's thoughts. No matter how perverse they might be. Tolerance I think not and just like some of the things you espouse has being right I disagree with but yet I ask no mod to shut you up. Live with it my friend and move on

11-29-08 04:42 PM
    What makes you the judge of it being wrong or right. That is what freedom of speech is about. No you rather try to muzzle someone's thoughts. No matter how perverse they might be. Tolerance I think not and just like some of the things you espouse has being right I disagree with but yet I ask no mod to shut you up. Live with it my friend and move on

Listen. I've taken a lot of **** from people like you. I've let you guys spew your hate because while I don't agree with it, it is your right. However, your comment about ******, bigot and maggot went too far. Get a life.

11-29-08 04:46 PM
    With all the political issues surrounding us, there's one that is really sensitive. Prop. 8. How do you feel about it and why?
    My problem with prop 8 goes beyond whether I am for or against gay marriage--it goes to the way the bill was written. I think it was written in such a way that someone who wanted to vote FOR gay marriage, and who voted YES for it, was actually voting AGAINST gay marriage because a YES for Prop 8 was a vote AGAINST gay marriage.

It reminded me of the "if you don't tell us no, we will assume it's a yes" crap that so many companies are foisting off onto the American public.

That said, I honestly believe that there was no way we were going to get a black president AND gay marriage in the same year, so I was not surprised in the least that prop 8 failed.

Oh, and FTR, I personally couldn't care less whom marries whom....
    11-29-08 04:55 PM
    Yea that's how the Roman Empire started to fall. So I guess with what is going on in this election same sex marriage is just the way things will go.
    I also don't give a crap if a person wants to be with the same sex, but DO NOT push this crap on my kids and into their schools.
    How about a vote or a law for not allowing teachers to teach alternative life styles? Then just allow adults do what they want. What people do not understand is this is the start of NAMBLA to get their way down the road. So let the whole dam world screw who they want. Just stop taking my rights away to replace them with yours.
    My right to own guns, say merry christmas instead of happy holidays. Say the pledge of allegiance at ball games or allow my kids to salute the flag. How bout telling me I can't have Transfats. Making me eat crap for my health. How about it? It does not concern anyone but me right?
    Why do you all have to decide that your rights are more important then mine, and I should accept such things has same sex marriage if you refuse to allow me to do what I want.

I'm always amazed and amused by the "that's what caused the fall of the Roman Empire" line of "logic"......I've yet to see ANY tangible proof that rampant homosexuality was the cause of the fall of that Empire.....so can you provide proof of your thesis?
    11-29-08 04:57 PM
    My problem with prop 8 goes beyond whether I am for or against gay marriage--it goes to the way the bill was written. I think it was written in such a way that someone who wanted to vote FOR gay marriage, and who voted YES for it, was actually voting AGAINST gay marriage because a YES for Prop 8 was a vote AGAINST gay marriage.

It reminded me of the "if you don't tell us no, we will assume it's a yes" crap that so many companies are foisting off onto the American public.

That said, I honestly believe that there was no way we were going to get a black president AND gay marriage in the same year, so I was not surprised in the least that prop 8 failed.

Oh, and FTR, I personally couldn't care less whom marries whom....
    You mean you're not surprised that Prop 8 passed, right?

11-29-08 05:02 PM
    You all make valid points. I would like to say again that the rest of the states can't all be wrong. CA is just getting a bad rep due to publicity. The nation feels it is wrong as a whole. I think Ca will be the one to eventually step up and allow gay marriage but not now. Only time will tell, right?
    I'm sorry, but why CAN'T they be wrong? There was a time when the 'majority' of states thought slavery and the denial of black people their rights was correct, and that was overturned....and now we have a black president. Just because the majority feels that way doesn't make them right.
    11-29-08 05:04 PM
353 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD